Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I chose to get Jonny taken out of my brain with Reed etc. Didn't realise it was as cut and dry as they say. Glad there is the save file where I can go back and finish off the actual main game story.

Norris

Cyberpunk won best ongoing game at the game awards. Pretty impressive redemption from CDPR.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
:lol:

Not being funny, but it's only "ongoing" because they have to endlessly fix it. Absolutely nonsense a game like that being listed as "ongoing". Both Apex and especially Fortnite are far superior in any metric that would suit that category.

Norris

:lol:

Not being funny, but it's only "ongoing" because they have to endlessly fix it. Absolutely nonsense a game like that being listed as "ongoing". Both Apex and especially Fortnite are far superior in any metric that would suit that category.
Yeah, I do agree. It doesn't make sense to put this game amongst the other nominees at all given that's not what "ongoing' is supposed to represent, but hey, at least the game finally got some global recognition.

Redlambs

Yeah, I do agree. It doesn't make sense to put this game amongst the other nominees at all given that's not what "ongoing' is supposed to represent, but hey, at least the game finally got some global recognition.
Meh I'm still in two minds about it on that front. I don't think they should be rewarded, not only just for the game state, but the way they treated their employees. Though I guess you could look at it as a nod to the hardworking staff who have tried their best to make something worthwhile from it.

But yeah, it's definitely not an "ongoing" game in the same sense as games like FN, Apex and stuff like Sea of Thieves and Overwatch. Smacks of shoehorning it in somewhere to pat their friends on the back.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah ongoing game makes no sense whatsoever. Happy for the people who worked on it regardless as it’s a fantastic game.

On another note I missed a discount on PL due to my procrastination. Argh.

Redlambs

Yeah ongoing game makes no sense whatsoever. Happy for the people who worked on it regardless as it’s a fantastic game.

On another note I missed a discount on PL due to my procrastination. Argh.
It'll come back around very soon, the main game is virtually always on sale on one store or another so I'm sure PL will be back on sale in no time.

Andersons Dietician

I got an option to start an entirely new game or start Phantom liberty and it seems to start not long after voodoo boys arc and I’ve still to go to clouds with Judy.

I’m quite enjoying this but there does seem to be quite a few glitches. Gone for the obvious David Martinez build and the quick shift keeps phasing me through walls where I fall off the map and it has to restart. Not to mention at 4k and 120fps my Xbox seems to be throwing a wobbly and over heating.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
God it sucks trying to get trophies on this game. So much repetition.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
God it sucks trying to get trophies on this game. So much repetition.
I saw one of them was to do every single NCPD scanner thing and thought feck that. Trophies in games are always so grindy. I feel like they should be for doing cool unexpected shit like getting three headshots with one bullet or something. Not “you spent 7 hours walking round the map doing the same copy paste tasks”.

Anyway just started PL and enjoying it so far. Just met Idris.

sport2793

It's a shame this game took so long to fix, I only got into this game once PL was released and it's the most fun and replayability I have felt since Elden Ring.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I saw one of them was to do every single NCPD scanner thing and thought feck that. Trophies in games are always so grindy. I feel like they should be for doing cool unexpected shit like getting three headshots with one bullet or something. Not “you spent 7 hours walking round the map doing the same copy paste tasks”.

Anyway just started PL and enjoying it so far. Just met Idris.
Yeah it's a joke how many there is. Easy enough to do but just boring as feck.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
feck me the bit in the underground place with that mech following you around is quite anxiety inducing isn’t it :lol: everywhere looks the damn same and I can hear it following me.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
feck me the bit in the underground place with that mech following you around is quite anxiety inducing isn’t it :lol: everywhere looks the damn same and I can hear it following me.
Yes. This sequence was excellently done. Properly felt like a game with consequences for the first time which was weird considering you're dying for the majority of the game.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Finished this now. Enjoyed it in the end even if it took about 8 hours to really click for me. Don’t think I’d ever be tempted to play it again for the other endings, will just google them.

The world building is nice and they have done a good job with the majority of it. It does feel a bit shallow in parts and eventually you get so overpowered you can clear rooms in seconds. The stuff from PL was good and they should’ve had more of that in the main game. Fun though overall.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Finished this now. Enjoyed it in the end even if it took about 8 hours to really click for me. Don’t think I’d ever be tempted to play it again for the other endings, will just google them.

The world building is nice and they have done a good job with the majority of it. It does feel a bit shallow in parts and eventually you get so overpowered you can clear rooms in seconds. The stuff from PL was good and they should’ve had more of that in the main game. Fun though overall.
For most of the other endings you can just play the final mission again.

sport2793

Is this finally worth getting on ps5 or still a buggy mess?
It's definitely worth getting on PS5, just got it 2 months ago along with the DLC and it's the best game I've played since Elden Ring for me (I platinumed GoW and HFW just for context).

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Lads. What the feck is up with HDR in this game? How do I set it up? Turn off HDR in system? Turn off HDR in game and use the PS5's system HDR?

Kaos

Lads. What the feck is up with HDR in this game? How do I set it up? Turn off HDR in system? Turn off HDR in game and use the PS5's system HDR?
HDR has been consistently broken in this game. You can get around it in PC with mods, but if you're on console I'd just turn off the game's native option.

amolbhatia50k

Wasn’t an issue for me on PS5. I just had HDR on while playing on my 4K HDR tv. Unless something changed recently.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The latest update makes it look really good does it still have it's issues?
Yes, it's a better game for sure, would give it around a 7-8 now and it was around a 5-6 before. The expansion is around an 8-9. Still feels lifeless in the main city but the expansion area is exactly what we expected from the main game in terms of action and excitement. One of the final missions in the expansion is superbly done (as is most of it tbf).

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yes, it's a better game for sure, would give it around a 7-8 now and it was around a 5-6 before. The expansion is around an 8-9. Still feels lifeless in the main city but the expansion area is exactly what we expected from the main game in terms of action and excitement. One of the final missions in the expansion is superbly done (as is most of it tbf).
You've sold me on it! Idris is in it right?

Redlambs

The latest update makes it look really good does it still have it's issues?
Oh it for sure still has bugs and things, but nowhere near as bad as it was. It's very playable and it looks fantastic.

As I said though, the AI is still appalling and overall it's just so full of reminders of what the game was supposed to be. But at least it's no longer a laughable mess, and there's plenty of good things said about the DLC part which I've yet to try myself.

Kaos

Oh it for sure still has bugs and things, but nowhere near as bad as it was. It's very playable and it looks fantastic.

As I said though, the AI is still appalling and overall it's just so full of reminders of what the game was supposed to be. But at least it's no longer a laughable mess, and there's plenty of good things said about the DLC part which I've yet to try myself.
You really should. The DLC puts the base game to shame.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Finished and enjoyed the main game but uninstalled it in the end - will probably get the DLC in the new year though.

Redlambs

You really should. The DLC puts the base game to shame.
Oh I definitely intend to. I just struggle to get through the main game, even mainlining the story. But I will definitely get there.

Working my way catching up through Hellblade, savouring Wake 2 and I guessing I've got Marios: Wonder and RPG for xmas not to mention I've finally started Deathloop and Remnant 2...so CP is down the list, but it is on it :lol:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.

Did you pay full price?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
So I'm about 25 hours into this game now and I'm totally into it. I get what's going on, get all the perks/skills/mods etc. and yeah, it's a really fun time.

I am already a pretty unkillable beast though - so I can't imagine how much more powerful I'll get once I've doubled my play time.

amolbhatia50k

So I'm about 25 hours into this game now and I'm totally into it. I get what's going on, get all the perks/skills/mods etc. and yeah, it's a really fun time.

I am already a pretty unkillable beast though - so I can't imagine how much more powerful I'll get once I've doubled my play time.
What build did you go for?

So I couldn’t put it off any longer and have finally started my fourth play though - this time with 2.1 update of course. It’s interesting how in general I’ve become someone who can’t play too much of a single game in a sitting. After an hour or two I like to switch to either doing something else or an hour of another game. But with Cyberpunk I can just lose myself in it completely - doing one more gig, one more NCPD thing or just messing about with my character / the built.

I’ve started this play through in a way that will allow me to pick any build I want to go in, even after 5-7 hours. But I’m genuinely not sure what to go for as I don’t think I’ll come back for another play though - I’m leaning towards shotguns and blades - so body, reflex and tech, dropping hacking all together.