Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It’s really as long as you want it to be. It doesn’t have all the crap filler content in the main story compared to a Ubisoft game but there’s hundreds of hours of open world content here and with the decision making its very replayable. I’m at 80 hours now and I am just approaching the end but I haven’t fully cleared the map.
Nice. I'll have a blast on this on the PS5.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Yeah it's new, I've just downloaded it. The 8mb save size limit has been removed and a few other things to improve stability by the looks of it.
This is big for me. Stopped playing because of the limit since I'm a hoarder. Not had issues myself with the game apart from the odd ragdoll acting terribly.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I’ve finally finished it and the ending was excellent for me. Overall I think it’s a brilliant game with some of best story and characters in recent years. Just to put it into perspective ive played and finished Spider-Man remastered and Ghost of Tsushima which are both highly rated but truthfully this just blows those games out of the water as an experience.

Beware the below spoilers will discuss the ending!
I ended up opting to do the final mission with Panam and the Aldecados and I wasn’t disappointed in the pay off. The final mission had an epic feel about it and actually made me feel guilty to drag everyone into such peril with me. The final battle with Adam Smasher felt climatic especially after he killed Saul! Overall playing as a nomad I just felt this ending was fitting for my characters story arc. Left his nomad clan, went to become a legend in night city, and then went full circle and ended up realising that choosing that life is lonely and comes with big costs and so decides that he needs that nomad family surrounding him. I just felt throughout that I had a major impact on the story and relationships I built so it will be interesting to see how a second play through goes.

I’m still excited to start a second playthrough which is a great sign but I’m going to wait for the patches and next gen version. If anything sums up this gaming experience better it’s that I managed to get a hard crash during the final credits, just felt like that symbolised my experience. Utterly fantastic but just needs those technical hitches sorted for everyone to enjoy it.

Last edited:

NoLogo

I’ve finally finished it and the ending was excellent for me. Overall I think it’s a brilliant game with some of best story and characters in recent years. Just to put it into perspective ive played and finished Spider-Man remastered and Ghost of Tsushima which are both highly rated but truthfully this just blows those games out of the water as an experience.

I’m still excited to start a second playthrough which is a great sign but I’m going to wait for the patches and next gen version. If anything sums up this gaming experience better it’s that I managed to get a hard crash during the final credits, just felt like that symbolised my experience. Utterly fantastic but just needs those technical hitches sorted for everyone to enjoy it.
I'm with you on this one. Absolutely loved the story and my journey through it, the characters I met were pretty much all great even the major assholes. Yeah the bugs are a bit annoying but luckily I could avoid any game breaking bugs in my play through and actually only had the occasional physics bug which made me more laugh than anything else. I'll wait with my second play through for a major patch though, I think the second time I'll be going for a net-runner build instead of the gunslinger/samurai hybrid I did in the first play through, was loads of fun but I'll want to go more stealthy and take out my opponents with hacking their implants, I could imagine this being loads of fun.

Didn't read your spoilers because I first want to experience all Endings first hand, let's say my first ending was bitter-sweet, not saying which path I chose though. :D

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I've put 30 hours in but some of the bugs are getting ridiculous.

A few days back I had my worst time with it yet. I had to play with an 85% Overheating message on my screen bang in the middle and the horrible noise to go with it for an hour. I hoped it'd go when I finished the story mission but it didn't. In the end the only way to get rid was to jump back to a save from 3 hours before.

Then I had a mission where I got in a car to progress the story and it starts to load but would stop at about 25%. Luckily I had saved not long before so after a while I gave up and went and did some side missions. I came back and still got the error. The only thing that worked was to go and do another story mission with somebody else and come back after - I'm lucky I had 2 to choose from at that moment.

Last was a shooting competition side mission where you have to shoot as many targets as possible with a shitty pistol in 12 seconds. After the 2nd firing range I couldn't draw my gun and subsequently lost the whole competition. However I now have a 4th gun at all times and that gun is the shitty common pistol I couldn't use in the mission.

Early on it was mostly bugs that would impact immersion (cars/people disappearing, weird lighting, textures not loading, people floating mid air) but more and more are becoming a real problem as I go on.

I don't want to stop playing now and wait as I won't be as engaged in 6/12 months time by the time it's in a much better state, so I'm going to try and see it through to the end.

I game shared so I'll doubt I'll get a refund but if I got it myself I probably would even after finishing. Id happily buy it again if they got it in a decent place. The map is incredible - if the AI was decent (including better NPC interactions), there was better density with more cars/people and less bugs, it has the potential to be up there as being one of the best 'worlds' created - but it needs hell of a lot of work to get to that point.

Balljy

I had to play with an 85% Overheating message on my screen bang in the middle and the horrible noise to go with it for an hour. I hoped it'd go when I finished the story mission but it didn't. In the end the only way to get rid was to jump back to a save from 3 hours before.

I've had that too and it's really annoying. Going 3 hours back is a nightmare though. Does the console version not auto-save constantly? Even in missions it seems to save every few minutes on PC. It's a bit random as it can be mid-mission or around cut scenes.

Alock1

I've had that too and it's really annoying. Going 3 hours back is a nightmare though. Does the console version not auto-save constantly? Even in missions it seems to save every few minutes on PC. It's a bit random as it can be mid-mission or around cut scenes.
It's autosaving against one continuous save, so I would just load back with the same problem. Have to go to the manual saves which a lot of people don't bother with (I don't usually but trying to train myself to do them often incase I have bugs - have had to use them a few times now). Annoyingly I hadn't saved for a while when I got that glitch

NoLogo

So... was this game all hype?
Don't think it was, it was simply released one to one and a half years too early, which is saying more about the state of the industry than the quality of the game though. For all the shit Bethesda had to eat for their unfinished mess of a game Fallout 76 financially it still seems to be worth it for publishers to deal with the fallout instead of having to finish the development of the game without any sales.

Balljy

It's autosaving against one continuous save, so I would just load back with the same problem. Have to go to the manual saves which a lot of people don't bother with (I don't usually but trying to train myself to do them often incase I have bugs - have had to use them a few times now). Annoyingly I hadn't saved for a while when I got that glitch
I see. It's slightly different from PC as you get 10 rolling auto-saves, plus manual saves which I'm doing like you as a safety measure.

TrustInJanuzaj

I'm with you on this one. Absolutely loved the story and my journey through it, the characters I met were pretty much all great even the major assholes. Yeah the bugs are a bit annoying but luckily I could avoid any game breaking bugs in my play through and actually only had the occasional physics bug which made me more laugh than anything else. I'll wait with my second play through for a major patch though, I think the second time I'll be going for a net-runner build instead of the gunslinger/samurai hybrid I did in the first play through, was loads of fun but I'll want to go more stealthy and take out my opponents with hacking their implants, I could imagine this being loads of fun.

Didn't read your spoilers because I first want to experience all Endings first hand, let's say my first ending was bitter-sweet, not saying which path I chose though. :D
I’m with you I’m planning on a corpo net runner build. Maybe even trying all melee, as I think it might just about be viable with the right perks. I do find that on hard difficulty most enemies can really rinse me up close.

TrustInJanuzaj

To be fair maybe it’s the way I play but I use the quick save feature an unbelievable amount. I probably quick save every 500 m in the car and after almost every stealth kill in a mission. As a result I never have to jump back more than 10 minutes if there’s a bug. I’d suggest anyone playing the game do that and I’ve very much learnt that from my time with Skyrim, Fallout and the likes.

Balljy

I’m with you I’m planning on a corpo net runner build. Maybe even trying all melee, as I think it might just about be viable with the right perks. I do find that on hard difficulty most enemies can really rinse me up close.
I've tried Netrunner on my first run. It's great fun, but I'm near the end and feel I've got a bit too powerful as I can just hide behind something and drop the enemies one-by-one without even thinking about having to fight. I don't mind that too much and the harder opponents are still a decent challenge.

TrustInJanuzaj

I've tried Netrunner on my first run. It's great fun, but I'm near the end and feel I've got a bit too powerful as I can just hide behind something and drop the enemies one-by-one without even thinking about having to fight. I don't mind that too much and the harder opponents are still a decent challenge.
To be fair I think that’s the sign of a proper RPG, you want to be op by the end. I went for a nomad with max level crafting and as a result I have a legendary smart assault rifle that can absolutely rinse most enemies. Personally I don’t mind as I had to graft to get it.

SuperiorXI

To be fair maybe it’s the way I play but I use the quick save feature an unbelievable amount. I probably quick save every 500 m in the car and after almost every stealth kill in a mission. As a result I never have to jump back more than 10 minutes if there’s a bug. I’d suggest anyone playing the game do that and I’ve very much learnt that from my time with Skyrim, Fallout and the likes.
I thought multiple saves is just an unwritten rule now, I've got about 10 going for Cyberpunk.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I can take some of the little bugs and glitches in the environment, but the reason why I'm holding off is how awful the AI looks. Some of the NPC characters are straight out of GTA 3. Walking around aimlessly and into each other before just disappearing. Even the AI characters that you fight look terrible.

I was watching some gameplay footage the other day and the guy was literally just walking straight up to the enemy characters, face-to-face, and just shooting them without any push back. Most of the time they just stopped working. Not sure how you enjoy a game like that really. It just becomes so boring. I do love the look of the city and the general atmosphere of it, but I'm going to wait for the proper PS5 update.

Just complete madness how this game was released, really.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I'm exactly the same

NoLogo

My first play through was as a gun Slinger/Samurai build with a big hand gun and a Katana mainly because I needed something against the harder melee Cyberpsychos who dodged all my bullets. I later switched to a more stealthed sniper build with a pistol and a silencer on, I do 100k headshots against normal enemies from stealth, so yeah nothing survives that at the minute apart from bosses. I'm level 47 btw and going for all side quests completed, have about 15% of stuff left.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Honestly getting so fecking sick of this I’m considering getting a refund and not even playing it. I’m not even that far into the main story.

Just did a mission where I met Takemura by the docks. During it I had text options to choose from but pressing up and down to select them just made my vision zoom in instead, so I could only pick the first option each time. Then we get in the car and Takemura is speaking but the audio is doubled so it’s playing like a ridiculously loud echo as I keep pressing the first option of dialogue. Then the car gets stuck in the road so I have to skip the journey. Then it loads us close to the destination and Takemura drives the car at a snails pace to park up, taking about 30 seconds to do so. Then when I can FINALLY get out of the car the game crashes.

Castia

Honestly getting so fecking sick of this I’m considering getting a refund and not even playing it. I’m not even that far into the main story.

Just did a mission where I met Takemura by the docks. During it I had text options to choose from but pressing up and down to select them just made my vision zoom in instead, so I could only pick the first option each time. Then we get in the car and Takemura is speaking but the audio is doubled so it’s playing like a ridiculously loud echo as I keep pressing the first option of dialogue. Then the car gets stuck in the road so I have to skip the journey. Then it loads us close to the destination and Takemura drives the car at a snails pace to park up, taking about 30 seconds to do so. Then when I can FINALLY get out of the car the game crashes.
I submitted a refund I’m not playing it in this state. I’ll follow the progress of future patches and wait for the ps5 version before I jump back in.

NoLogo

I think for melee I would definitely build for high armor, time slowing thingy and I have to try Mantis Blades if they are better than normal blades, but I could imagine the build being quite fun if you can get your hands early on some decent armadillo clothing mods. That means also putting loads of points in body (hp, stamina), reflexes (blade dmg) and technical (armor). But first I want to finish my 100% playthrough.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just loaded it up and it crashed again.

Applying for a refund.

Alock1

On console is there a quick save feature because otherwise it's pressing start going to save and then picking a manual save spot. Not exactly something you'd do on the fly during play.

Plus, some stuff reloading saves doesn't fix but granted it can help with a lot.

TrustInJanuzaj

I think for melee I would definitely build for high armor, time slowing thingy and I have to try Mantis Blades if they are better than normal blades, but I could imagine the build being quite fun if you can get your hands early on some decent armadillo clothing mods. That means also putting loads of points in body (hp, stamina), reflexes (blade dmg) and technical (armor). But first I want to finish my 100% playthrough.
Exactly my thoughts. I didn’t experiment with yeh Berserk mode but with the damage increase that seems a no brainer for a pure melee build. The bits of melee have done have been fun but it feels like you need to plan for it to be a full viable playthrough.

TrustInJanuzaj

On console is there a quick save feature because otherwise it's pressing start going to save and then picking a manual save spot. Not exactly something you'd do on the fly during play.

Plus, some stuff reloading saves doesn't fix but granted it can help with a lot.
Yes I didn’t realise it for ages but playing on PS5 you just need to press start-triangle and it quick saves. Will likely be a similar feature on the previous gen and Xbox. Most of the UI bugs I’ve had seem to be fixed by a reload.

TrustInJanuzaj

What platform are you on as that honestly does sound worse than my experience?

caid

I played a mostly melee build. I'd say modded mantis blades are a fair bit stronger than a katana but frankly it doesn't matter much - most things die more or less immediately, harder enemies take a 3 hit combo at most. Having a plan b for some bosses is necessary though i'd say. Mantis blades are worth it for the charge / jump attack anyway. I'd say reflexes give you most of what you need, the faster movement speed prevents more damage than armor in my experience, but then i had a good few perks in athlethics to tank some damage anyway. Lower damage from explosions is something i'd focus on if i was starting fresh. Killed myself from punching an oil barrel far, far more often than any enemy killing me.

TrustInJanuzaj

I played a mostly melee build. I'd say modded mantis blades are a fair bit stronger than a katana but frankly it doesn't matter much - most things die more or less immediately, harder enemies take a 3 hit combo at most. Having a plan b for some bosses is necessary though i'd say. Mantis blades are worth it for the charge / jump attack anyway. I'd say reflexes give you most of what you need, the faster movement speed prevents more damage than armor in my experience, but then i had a good few perks in athlethics to tank some damage anyway. Lower damage from explosions is something i'd focus on if i was starting fresh. Killed myself from punching an oil barrel far, far more often than any enemy killing me.
Interesting, I’ll keep that in mind for a my next build.

caid

I think i've had one crash on pc. Just before the patch day after release.
Reloaded many, many, many times as conversations bugged out in one way or another or i just skipped them or selected wrong option by trying to reload a gun or got stuck in scenery. Spamming quicksaves is a necessity with this game.
Definitely feel the game gets less stable the longer you play too.

caid

Beware the below spoilers will discuss the ending!
I ended up opting to do the final mission with Panam and the Aldecados and I wasn’t disappointed in the pay off. The final mission had an epic feel about it and actually made me feel guilty to drag everyone into such peril with me. The final battle with Adam Smasher felt climatic especially after he killed Saul! Overall playing as a nomad I just felt this ending was fitting for my characters story arc. Left his nomad clan, went to become a legend in night city, and then went full circle and ended up realising that choosing that life is lonely and comes with big costs and so decides that he needs that nomad family surrounding him. I just felt throughout that I had a major impact on the story and relationships I built so it will be interesting to see how a second play through goes.

Finished it the other day with different spoilery results.
I let johnny take the final mission, I didn't feel guilty because i was johnny. Had a similar experience with Adam Smasher which was pretty bitter. It ended strongly but felt very bittersweet (i'm still dieing at the end of the game and looking for a cure. Same for you?). A few other story beats didn't end ideally which added to that sense. Felt like it fit my Streetkid as much as your story fit a nomad though.

TrustInJanuzaj

Finished it the other day with different spoilery results.
I let johnny take the final mission, I didn't feel guilty because i was johnny. Had a similar experience with Adam Smasher which was pretty bitter. It ended strongly but felt very bittersweet (i'm still dieing at the end of the game and looking for a cure. Same for you?). A few other story beats didn't end ideally which added to that sense. Felt like it fit my Streetkid as much as your story fit a nomad though.
Yeh that was the same for me. I think it purposely left it on that hanger. To be honest as long as it fits in with the narrative I’d made in my head for my character I was happy and I think in my case it did. I’m excited to see if I can manipulate that any differently next time.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I can take some of the little bugs and glitches in the environment, but the reason why I'm holding off is how awful the AI looks. Some of the NPC characters are straight out of GTA 3. Walking around aimlessly and into each other before just disappearing. Even the AI characters that you fight look terrible.

I was watching some gameplay footage the other day and the guy was literally just walking straight up to the enemy characters, face-to-face, and just shooting them without any push back. Most of the time they just stopped working. Not sure how you enjoy a game like that really. It just becomes so boring. I do love the look of the city and the general atmosphere of it, but I'm going to wait for the proper PS5 update.

Just complete madness how this game was released, really.
Which is why giving it an 8/10 or whatever seems ridiculous. The AI is woeful and at times their movements would fit in well with ps1 games.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
i do the same! I save as much as I can. Maybe not as much when in transport, so worst case scenario I’m starting a journey again. But at every possible point in a interaction/mission/side quest etc. It’s a must imo

I’m not sure what build I’m doing yet. I started out stealth, but now I got skippy, a smart sniper and the smart assault gun from the 6th street gang - I’ve put my skill points into assault mainly since. I have 8 skill points left to use, so just waiting for the next few storylines to see what I will start investing in, I’m basically still at the start of Act 2

Last edited:

C3Pique

I'm into the mid-20s level on Series X and the game runs beautifully, no crashes. A couple of visual glitches aside (floating phones etc) I'm really enjoying it and would put it on a level with any Fallout game. I stayed away from all pre-launch hype and am only disappointed now reading some of the features which are supposedly promised. But had I not looked online I wouldn't be aware of any problems with the game.

Eriku

i do the same! I save as much as I can. Maybe not as much when in transport, so worst case scenario I’m starting a journey again. But at every possible point in a interaction/mission/side quest etc. It’s a must imo

I’m not sure what build I’m doing yet. I started out stealth, but now I got skippy, a smart sniper and the smart assault gun from the 6th street gang - I’ve put my skill points into assault mainly since. I have 8 skill points left to use, so just waiting for the next few storylines to see what I will start investing in, I’m basically still at the start of Act 2
Wait, there’s a limit to skill and perk points?