Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

SuperiorXI

That game is entirely different to this one.

Your point about "the internet" is ridiculous too.

I hope it can be saved though, I'm with you on that.
What makes it ridiculous? It is a well known fact that the internet overreact at the drop of a hat. Give it a few months and it will have all calmed down and they'll have moved on to the next thing to be outraged at.

I'm not defending CDPR mind, their launch has been a joke. Merely stating the internet can, have and will go overboard with things.

Ivor Ballokov

Anyone playing this to completion and then claiming a refund is just being a cnut and I'm sure they know that. It's a fair bit of money back though so some won't care especially around Christmas.

I remember watching a film in the US once and afterwards some massive bloke was arguing with the manager for a refund because the film was shit (can't remember what it was). Reminds me of that.

I wonder if they allowed people to request partial refunds how much money they'd save.
When I worked in retail many years ago a woman approached me with a box of cakes and said 'I bought these and they were damaged', 'ok' said I 'let me take a look at them' 'oh no' she said 'I ate them, we had guests over', safe to say she didn't get a refund, people are weird as feck.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
What makes it ridiculous? It is a well known fact that the internet overreact at the drop of a hat. Give it a few months and it will have all calmed down and they'll have moved on to the next thing to be outraged at.
The ridiculous part is that you think this is just another over-reaction.

When in actual fact, it's a big deal what they did. By brushing it off as "oh well, it's just the internet!" you become part of the problem. Read more.

I'm not defending CDPR mind, their launch has been a joke. Merely stating the internet can, have and will go overboard with things.
I didn't take your post as defending them. But what it does do is show that you want to pigeon hole everyone into a category when in fact, as this very thread proves, we all have different opinions.

Redlambs

When I worked in retail many years ago a woman approached me with a box of cakes and said 'I bought these and they were damaged', 'ok' said I 'let me take a look at them' 'oh no' she said 'I ate them, we had guests over', safe to say she didn't get a refund, people are weird as feck.
:lol: I'm not shocked. People are arseholes and will try it on at every opportunity, even ones that aren't there. In a way I admire that level of shamelessness.

At least own it, you sponging fecks! :lol:

Abizzz

I don't know. By the prevalent logic here Volkswagen dieselgate owners shouldn't get compensation either because they drove their cars (many even liking them). There's more to a product than it fulfilling it's most basic promise (in this case being able to bring it to an end, and even that it doesn't do if you'd try without restarting).

Redlambs

I don't know. By the prevalent logic here Volkswagen dieselgate owners shouldn't get compensation either because they drove their cars (many even liking them). There's more to a product than it fulfilling it's most basic promise (in this case being able to bring it to an end, and even that it doesn't do if you'd try without restarting).
This tops the shoe analogy :lol:

SuperiorXI

The ridiculous part is that you think this is just another over-reaction.

When in actual fact, it's a big deal what they did. By brushing it off as "oh well, it's just the internet!"
I'm not generalising everyone when I say that. There is definitely isolated overreactions going on i.e. people thinking they can play and beat the game, enjoy it, but still get a refund... also those that expect a refund but still want to play it.

You misinterpreted what I said. I'm not talking about the majority of rightly pissed off folk who are upset about the launch and are wanting a refund.

Siorac

There's a big difference though: Volkswagen owners were not aware that by using the car, they were emitting exponentially higher amounts of pollutants than what the car's specs stated.

With Cyberpunk, anyone who played the game through to completion, like I did, were absolutely aware of the problems. You'd have to be blind not to, they're quite in your face. As such, people made an informed choice to finish the game - which does make it a grey area for me. Volskwagen owners could not make an informed choice.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Hope the execs gets the boot for scamming the consumers, but the game got them a ton of money and cdpr is going to become another bioware. Soulless, pointless and still have a ton of wankers supporting them.

Feel sad for the developers.

Balljy

Hope the execs gets the boot for scamming the consumers, but the game got them a ton of money and cdpr is going to become another bioware. Soulless, pointless and still have a ton of wankers supporting them.

Feel sad for the developers.
That's my worry too with the Bioware comparison. It feels too early to write them off as it is one mistake and is early days, but all the mistakes were definitely instigated by commercial decisions. One thing I would say is that the thought put into the game and city design is phenomenal so the building blocks are there and weren't rushed.

I think we'll see in the next year with how they respond to the criticism. The CDPR that made Witcher 3 will be still be focused on improving it years from now (as they still are with the Witcher 3) and if they don't it would probably signify a change in focus at the top and the Bioware comparison is probably apt.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
That's my worry too with the Bioware comparison. It feels too early to write them off as it is one mistake and is early days, but all the mistakes were definitely instigated by commercial decisions. One thing I would say is that the thought put into the game and city design is phenomenal so the building blocks are there and weren't rushed.

I think we'll see in the next year with how they respond to the criticism. The CDPR that made Witcher 3 will be still be focused on improving it years from now (as they still are with the Witcher 3) and if they don't it would probably signify a change in focus at the top and the Bioware comparison is probably apt.
I think it isn't too early to write them off. The developers are probably good people who could still make a the witcher 3 like game, but I have no faith in a company that tells reviewers they aren't allowed to see a console version of a game and talk about it in order to trick people into believing everything is fine.

The only way cdpr gets any faith back from me is if all the top execs gets the boot. But they won't, because of money.

Balljy

I think it isn't too early to write them off. The developers are probably good people who could still make a the witcher 3 like game, but I have no faith in a company that tells reviewers they aren't allowed to see a console version of a game and talk about it in order to trick people into believing everything is fine.

The only way cdpr gets any faith back from me is if all the top execs gets the boot. But they won't, because of money.
It was definitely an awful decision but they've also made ones like this for a 5 year old game. I can't think of anyone else who has added features like RTX to such an old game. Minecraft maybe?

I'm going to wait and see which way they decide to go.

mitChley

Worth noting that Bioware are owned by EA where as CDPR are not owned by anyone. Could make a huge difference.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
My amazing new monitor arrived today. Didnt fix any of the visual bugs, but the flying cars look gorgeous now.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I think people are overblowing "gamer outrage culture". It isn't as bad as it is made out to be.....

Nevermind.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Does anyone want them to burn? I haven’t read all the posts here so can only speak for myself, but I think people are well within their right to get a refund especially after the level of deception shown.
That's silly. Deception (which is more prevalent than you think) doesn't mean everyone can refund the game and you deny the company sales altogether. Those who weren't satisfied withe product not those who merrily used it and enjoyed the experience.

And I to add that while Cdpr have screwed up royally here and deserve the financial hit they've taken, they are one of the most talented group of developers in the industry and I hope they come back from this stronger and having learnt lessons.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It was definitely an awful decision but they've also made ones like this for a 5 year old game. I can't think of anyone else who has added features like RTX to such an old game. Minecraft maybe?

I'm going to wait and see which way they decide to go.

:lol: Guess I'll to play it for a 4th time then

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There’s a 16GB patch. Says 1.06. Not sure if new as I haven’t played for a bit.

Balljy

There’s a 16GB patch. Says 1.06. Not sure if new as I haven’t played for a bit.
Yeah it's new, I've just downloaded it. The 8mb save size limit has been removed and a few other things to improve stability by the looks of it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The heist mission with that elevator bug. Thought I had to restart but you can just kill the soldier when he’s glitching all over the place. That’s not even far into the game though! It’s a really good game but the bugs are ridiculous. A shame.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Crashed on me again mid mission. And I wonder why I don’t feel the urge to constantly play this...

caid

Found a free car in tunnel where cursor is. Better than the crappy one you start with. Just east of city.

JB7

This is literally where I'm at reading about the game. 46 hours in and I've seen 3 bugs, one funny & one stupid (both times I just had to retry the simple task and it worked) and one required me to exit to menu & go back into the game where it was fine.

I've had more bugs than that on pretty much every game I've ever played, just enjoying it for what it is - one of the games I've enjoyed playing the most in years.

Irwin99

Despite having a few issues with the game i've got my eye on the platinum trophy. Hoping to do it all on one playthrough but i'm sure i'll miss something.

So I kinda blew maiko's head off with my pistol. I'm kinda hoping that doesn't put an end to Judy's storyline. She seemed pretty upset at my choice :confused:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Having played it extensively, I'm not gonna go on an extensive review and despite the crazy bugs at times, this has been a great game for me.
Such a shame they didn't allow for a third person view though, would have changed the gameplay positively

mu4c_20le

The game is ok but really short. I spent like 5x longer on AC Valhalla and that is without even doing the collectibles. The missions are very cinematic and its a shame they released it in this state, otherwise it'd be critically acclaimed.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
The game is ok but really short. I spent like 5x longer on AC Valhalla and that is without even doing the collectibles. The missions are very cinematic and its a shame they released it in this state, otherwise it'd be critically acclaimed.
It’s really as long as you want it to be. It doesn’t have all the crap filler content in the main story compared to a Ubisoft game but there’s hundreds of hours of open world content here and with the decision making its very replayable. I’m at 80 hours now and I am just approaching the end but I haven’t fully cleared the map.

Lord Megadrive

Flautist in training
Between the Motorola 68000 and Yamaha YM2612
Despite having a few issues with the game i've got my eye on the platinum trophy. Hoping to do it all on one playthrough but i'm sure i'll miss something.

So I kinda blew maiko's head off with my pistol. I'm kinda hoping that doesn't put an end to Judy's storyline. She seemed pretty upset at my choice :confused:
it’s ok give it a few days and she forgives you.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I actually think even if you enjoyed and completed it, getting a refund isn’t that big a crime. You still paid for what was meant to be a lot more product. Maybe a partial refund would be more apt, but unfeasible.

I’m a good guy though, so I’ll let them work on it and not get a refund.