D. McDonnell - the Mirror: Jose will be sacked this weekend | BBC: Jose still has board backing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFish

Stupid Woodward. He's wasted everyone's time. This protracted saga is on him. He showed his cards by not backing Mou in the transfer window and by continually undermining him since. What a cretin

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Shamoon Hafez who is a sports journalist for BBC has retweeted the original Mirror report.

George The Best

I still think this story is bo**ocks. But Gary Neville didn’t seem to think so. If it is true it is an amazing lack of class and dignity from a supposedly World leading club.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Is anybody surprised that Ed has fecked Jose after months of Jose taking digs at him and calling him out. Out of order but he’s not totally innocent.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Sounded like Neville was inciting a riot to me by encouraging the fans to turn on the board at tomorrows game, also claiming that he will be right there in full support of Mourinho. Ed will love that.

Stretfordender

If this has any truth then this totally confirms for me that we have become an absolute joke of a club, rotten from top to bottom..

Smores

It really be would be ridiculous if true, he's on the block but it's not time yet at all given the time our previous managers got.

Feels like we're just going to cycle through managers and players until we happen on a success. No plan or structure by the club.

podurban2

I just hope the board will learn and put Woodward and themselves to blame for this. A DoF should be hired, Woodward put in his place with the commercial side and not touch signings ever again. We have to became a more efficient organisation, there must be a clear structure of how things are decided upon. It can’t just be the Glazers and Woody, it’s bound to go nowhere.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I don't know if I'm excited or depressed at the thought of this ending this weekend
It’s bitter sweet. Mourinho obviously has to go, but we’re now moving on to manager number four since Fergie (five counting Giggs), hard to feel positive about the general situation.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I thought the Gary Neville comments after the match tonight were spot on. Jose was not backed when he should have been, the Board have no clue how to run a football club. I’m sad if this story is true. If Zidane comes in then Pogba is running the club now.
Oh boy 1 new cb and we'd be playing like fecking title contenders with 5 wins and a goal difference of 16:3. Alderweild would probably have 6 goals by now /s

Keep deluding yourselves

CA1

Please don't use cancer in this context. Review the rules for further reference.
Woodward is a cancer to this club.

I've said it for a long time and been told not to exaggerate and things like that.

If you know, you know.

The fans will give him hell for the rest of the season hopefully.

And if the players, who have played a part in this don't start performing (they won't, they're not good enough) then they should cop a lot of shit from fans as well.

korenmanutd

Hold up, why is everyone jumping on the club for leaking this story? Even Woody is not that stupid to leak such a story a day before a league game.
I'm more inclined to believe that it was someone in Mou's camp who leaked this (If the story is true, ofcourse).

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Woodward's a fecking disgrace if this is true. Why do we have to leak it to the press before sacking a manager? Same thing happened with Moyes and LvG.

wolvored

It really be would be ridiculous if true, he's on the block but it's not time yet at all given the time our previous managers got.

Feels like we're just going to cycle through managers and players until we happen on a success. No plan or structure by the club.
Hes had longer than VG and Moyes

Smores

There’s been talk of Rodgers leaving Celtic for a while now. It’s defo him coming in. Welcome Brenton.
You jest but some on this place didn't half revere him at one point. Martinez too. Not entirely convinced Poch isn't the continuation of that trend.

Judas

Open to offers
Hold up, why is everyone jumping on the club for leaking this story? Even Woody is not that stupid to leak such a story a day before a league game.
I'm more inclined to believe that it was someone in Mou's camp who leaked this (If the story is true, ofcourse).
We did the exact same thing to LVG before a cup final. Of course Woody is that stupid.

el3mel

Mirror saying it's United sources.

Senior United sources have told Mirror Sport he has reached the point of no return, with the axe ready to fall whatever the outcome of Saturday’s match against Newcastle.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
If this is true then our board are bigger morons than we all thought, how can we expect them to make a right decision on the next manager?
It's impossible to get excited about a change of direction while knowing the likelihood of them utterly fecking this up.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This feels exactly like when it happened with Moyes and LVG. Only slightly odd thing is having a game on tomorrow.

Woodward can't help himself from feeding stuff to the press.

CA1

Oh boy 1 new cb and we'd be playing like fecking title contenders with 5 wins and a goal difference of 16:3. Alderweild would probably have 6 goals by now /s

Keep deluding yourselves
You don't get it.

It set the tone for this whole thing. Undermined the manager and allowed the players to down tools, the media to turn up the pressure. It totally ruined our season. If Woodward didn't want to back him he should have sacked him that summer.

First season 6th, second season 2nd and it was all over. Forget this season, it was over before a ball was kicked. The players were always going to throw the towel in.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Conte knows Pogba inside out and his football during his first season wasn't that bad, was it? I'd prefer someone different, feel that Conte would have to be more flexibel with his tactics, but overall we could do worse. I prefer Conte to Carrick or Giggs as a caretaker.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not when we lose tomorrow..
Real life ethics take priority over a game of football, we could lose 5-0 tomorrow and anyone with half a brain cell should show the manager support (even if we all do want change)

PvsNP

Nothing on Di Marzio's Twitter account about Conte being Mourinho's replacement.

MDFC Manager

Sounded like Neville was inciting a riot to me by encouraging the fans to turn on the board at tomorrows game, also claiming that he will be right there in full support of Mourinho. Ed will love that.
Why is Neville like this? Would he have hired Mourinho and/or persisted with him under these situations?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Wtf is wrong with the club if this is true. I don't like Jose but it's disgraceful to already decide to sack him regardless of the result this weekend. If we play well and win then it will look stupid to sack him. What's the hurry? It's not as if Conte or Zidane are getting offers from other big clubs that we need either of them now.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It’s bitter sweet. Mourinho obviously has to go, but we’re now moving on to manager number four since Fergie (five counting Giggs), hard to feel positive about the general situation.
Exactly. And the thought of another bad appointment is fecking horrfying. Which is a distinct possibility, considering who we’re being linked with :(

crossy1686

career ending
Feels like the end of an unhappy marriage, that could have been great. I'm hopeful of the next appointment but I really do fear the worst, if we're back in this position in 2 or 3 seasons time they'll be murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.