Daglish Predictably Gets A Three Year Contract

Number7

Ret's Slave
I think they'll be top 3/4. He's already been told to clear the wage bill by getting rid of the dead wood which will provide scope for a fair few new signings.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I think he will do a good job. If you have a look at whats been going on at Liverpool there are signs they may actually be on the improve. New owners without all the silly background back stabbing and squabbles. Money available to buy some key players and a manager who is a good manager. The football Liverpool have been playing has been an improvement over recent seasons, add in a couple of wingers and Liverpool will be top 4 again.

Crustanoid

There is the factor here that it was about appeasing the fans once again, and hopefully this will back fire on them.

Very funny this has happened in the week we almost certainly clinch number 19

Donkey's Ears

He's done a good job, no question, but there has been no pressure whatsoever.

If they spend a lot then they'll be in the running. But it costs a lot to move players on when no one wants them and bring them in when they can't offer CL football.

MightyRedz

I owe Dalglish feck all.

There were a lot of heroes at Munich, never stopped your lot singing about it until 1989
(sighs) Morons are morons (whichever team they claim to support) I wouldn't attempt to justify it or wish to be associated with it.

Of course there were heroes at Munich, any decent person with a heart and soul knows and freely acknowledges this. I was a little kid, aged eight growing up in Liverpool at the time of the Munich disaster and I remember the shock, horror, grief and sympathy felt in my community. Somewhere the line, we've lost our way and idiots in Internet chat rooms think it's somehow "cool" to disrespect other peoples losses simply because they didn't belong to the same football tribe. My dad was a diehard Liverpool fan (and never liked United), but that did not stop him telling me of the great sense of personal loss he felt after Munich and how Duncan Edwards would have been the greatest English player of all time.

So please do not try and hide behind the actions of mindless morons in defence of your classless and personal attack on a good man, it can never be right, and (sadly) brings you down to their level

MightyRedz

I owe Dalglish feck all.

There were a lot of heroes at Munich, never stopped your lot singing about it until 1989
(sighs) Morons are morons (whichever team they claim to support) I wouldn't attempt to justify it or wish to be associated with it.

Of course there were heroes at Munich, any decent person with a heart and soul knows and freely acknowledges this. I was a little kid, aged eight growing up in Liverpool at the time of the Munich disaster and I remember the shock, horror, grief and sympathy felt in my community. Somewhere the line, we've lost our way and idiots in Internet chat rooms think it's somehow "cool" to disrespect other peoples losses simply because they didn't belong to the same football tribe. My dad was a diehard Liverpool fan (and never liked United), but that did not stop him telling me of the great sense of personal loss he felt after Munich and how Duncan Edwards would have been the greatest English player of all time.

So please do not try and hide behind the actions of mindless morons in defence of your classless and personal attack on a good man, it can never be right, and (sadly) brings you down to their level

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
My mate on Facebook:

"After waiting unsuccessfully for 20 years to see if anyone can get 5 European Cups and become a GREAT EUROPEAN team, King Kenny returns as permanent manager of the most successful English club of all time, Liverpool to pick up where he left off in 1990.
The good domestic team of united has had its day. Time for normal service to be resumed remembering Liverpool did it home AND abroad.
A great day."

:lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
My mate on Facebook:

"After waiting unsuccessfully for 20 years to see if anyone can get 5 European Cups and become a GREAT EUROPEAN team, King Kenny returns as permanent manager of the most successful English club of all time, Liverpool to pick up where he left off in 1990.
The good domestic team of united has had its day. Time for normal service to be resumed remembering Liverpool did it home AND abroad.
A great day."

:lol:
They are not the most successful English club of all time though.

So I stopped reading there

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I don't think I've seen the word 'pressure' repeated so often in such a short amount of time as on the caf lately. It's seems to have become the frantic mantra of united fans convincing themselves that what Dalglish has done so far isn't all that and he won't be able to do similar next season.

M'n'M

"Keane will be awesome alongside Torres."
I know, why aren't all the mid-table teams putting such a run together since there's no pressure. It's like a comfort blanket I think.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
I don't think I've seen the word 'pressure' repeated so often in such a short amount of time as on the caf lately. It's seems to have become the frantic mantra of united fans convincing themselves that what Dalglish has done so far isn't all that and he won't be able to do similar next season.
Why do you do this to yourselves every year?

You seem to have convinced yourself that pressure is irrelevant, and end of season form means a full season of the same next year.

And any doubters are just big meanies who don't like Liverpool.

Has the boom-bust cycle not taught you anything about misplaced bullishness?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Why do you do this to yourselves every year?

You seem to have convinced yourself that pressure is irrelevant, and end of season form means a full season of the same next year.

And any doubters are just big meanies who don't like Liverpool.

Has the boom-bust cycle not taught you anything about misplaced bullishness?
I think we'll be in with as good a shout for the top 4 as any of the other contenders bar Chelsea and United and maybe Arsenal.

No boom bust cycle predictions needed for that.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I don't envision Chelsea or United slipping up for a while. City will pour cash into the club and will probably be a routine top 3-4 for a while. The only club I could see possibly dropping out soon would be Arsenal, assuming Wenger fails to strengthen his side again. But the likes of Spurs and possibly Everton could pose legit threats to Liverpool. A return to glory is not imminent. They may do well in some domestic cups however.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's done the first bit well. That said he was always going to improve them to 5/6.
That's true but he's not just done that, he's gotten more points since taking over than we have in the equivalent games this season and he's put a run of form together that no other team in the league have matched. No pressure helps, sure, but he does deserve plenty of credit for the job so far.

AlwaysRedwood

Just following Danny Murphy's lead.

Don't Kill Bill

That's true but he's not just done that, he's gotten more points since taking over than we have in the equivalent games this season and he's put a run of form together that no other team in the league have matched. No pressure helps, sure, but he does deserve plenty of credit for the job so far.
He has them playing well that is for certain. In a couple of the games I've seen, the goal keeper has thrown a few in but still they are on good form. I just don't see any basis for thinking they can over take City considering the amount of money/ quality players City will buy in the summer.

With any luck he disrupts the squad with poor new signings and the late surge clouds his thinking about where to strengthen.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Yes great bravery in selling a player who handed in a transfer request and wanted to leave for the last six months.
Brave yes as he was arguably Liverpools best player over the last 3 years and easily the biggest asset. Whether he wanted away or not it's a brave decision to sell him.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Anyone else think that Steve Clarke has also had a major influence in the turn around in Liverpools fortunes?
Yeah he was a big influence at Chelsea when under Mourinho and could be a successor to Kenny in a few years.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Could be right there he was a big influence at Chelsea wasn't he.

I wonder with Dalglish I mean yeah you can't argue with his experience at Liverpool. And he talks the talk and seems to say the right thing to get media/players/fans onside. But he also struggled at Newcastle and football has changed a lot since the days of his success. Not that Dalglish won't have kept a keen eye on things but we have yet to see him assemble a proper squad which he will need when it comes to competing in four competitions and keeping the squad happy, this is the major difference will be interesting to see how it pans out.....
I dont think football has changed that much and I think it's about time Liverpool went back to the style of play they had in the 80s. Football is the same game with United rightly never comprimising on entertainment since the 50s so Liverpool based their game on pass and move. I hope we go back to our roots like you lot have. Whether it brings success or not is yet to be seen.

Donkey's Ears

Ah the old net-spend chestnut........
You can't have it both ways. For years, the only reason the beloved redmen failed to win anything was being outspent and then you expect praise for wining games at home and trashing a few mid-table teams.

M'n'M

Top five mini-league -
1 Liverpool 14pts,
2 Man Utd 13,
3 Arsenal 12,
4 Chelsea 9,
5 Man City 8.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Top five mini-league -
1 Liverpool 14pts,
2 Man Utd 13,
3 Arsenal 12,
4 Chelsea 9,
5 Man City 8.
That's interesting because it shows we can raise our game for matches we regard as big games but struggle against run of the mill teams. Not great and hope it can be fixed over the next few seasons.

M'n'M

I totally agree Stick. It's the mid & bottom table teams you need to beat regularly to be in with a chance of winning. There's 90 points up for grabs from the teams outside the Top 4 (if we dont' count ourselves in that group of 4)

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
I totally agree Stick. It's the mid & bottom table teams you need to beat regularly to be in with a chance of winning. There's 90 points up for grabs from the teams outside the Top 4 (if we dont' count ourselves in that group of 4)
United, chelsea and city are able to call on very strong experienced squads and that's where we're falling down. Glad Kenny is blooding young lads and taking a chance. Hopefully it will stand to the squad in the coming seasons.

mufcwarm92

Liverpool fans who think they will win the league next season are in for a big, big shock. Any sane football fan can see that, with that squad (plus one or two realistic additions) is unlikely to even challenge for the title. They'll come 5th or 6th next year.