Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Its been a decent start but people are too quick to lavish praise..It was the exact same thing last season with some people even going as far as to claim that he was much better than Carrick..the biggest fears in type of strikers that could theoretically trouble him in terms of speed and strength have yet to be faced..lets see how he gets on there..

cyberman

Blind isn't a slow centre half. I have no idea why this is continually repeated on here.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Is the condescension really necessary?

We can revisit in a few months when we have a bigger sample of games to judge him on. My prediction is he won't be a good enough CB for us. Your prediction is?????
No I am certainly not saying we can afford to have Blind in there. Pretty sure I said he will be a problem when we come up against better opposition. Can you read?
:lol: Can you say hypocrite?

I think he's good enough to play there, although I don't think many will ever change on their mind on him now, any sniff of a mistake and it'll be pounced upon, unless he is faultless he won't be good enough.

I've given several example of when he's shown his physical attributes have stood up to the test, aren't these proof it's wildly exaggerated?

SteveW

:lol: Can you say hypocrite?

I think he's good enough to play there, although I don't think many will ever change on their mind on him now, any sniff of a mistake and it'll be pounced upon, unless he is faultless he won't be good enough.

I've given several example of when he's shown his physical attributes have stood up to the test, aren't these proof it's wildly exaggerated?
The difference is I have actually read your posts. You clearly hadn't read mine.

I hope you are wrong about people jumping on his mistakes. Its not his fault he had to play there and will be difficult enough without people getting on his back.

ivaldo

The difference is I have actually read your posts. You clearly hadn't read mine.

I hope you are wrong about people jumping on his mistakes. Its not his fault he had to play there and will be difficult enough without people getting on his back.
Really? I think we've already established you hadn't read my original post properly, hence your original misplaced bitchy comment. :)
Please, elaborate, what post of yours haven't I bothered to read? Specifics would be nice. You still haven't replied to my evidenced examples - what say you Steve?

SteveW

Really? I think we've already established you hadn't read my original post properly, hence your original misplaced bitchy comment. :)
Please, elaborate, what post of yours haven't I bothered to read? Specifics would be nice. You still haven't replied to my evidenced examples - what say you Steve?
That menippean satire nonsense?

I've already said I think he's done well so far. You want me to go trawling back to come up with specific examples of his lack of pace and strength? So I can prove a point to some stranger on an internet football. Sorry but no.

Just answer this question and we can revisit in a few months. Do you think he's good enough at CB to play against the top English and European teams?

ivaldo

That menippean satire nonsense?

I've already said I think he's done well so far. You want me to go trawling back to come up with specific examples of his lack of pace and strength? So I can prove a point to some stranger on an internet football. Sorry but no.

Just answer this question and we can revisit in a few months. Do you think he's good enough at CB to play against the top English and European teams?
Yeah, don't understand something = nonsense. Got it.

No I was referring to the points I made, perhaps if you read my post properly you would've understand that. ;)
I think the fact I've mentioned my examples 3 times now and you'd totally ignored it says it all really though.

I think he's good enough in a system that suits him, currently we are playing a system that suits him, so yes.

Geordopolous

Blind is now a brilliant ball player?? If he was a brilliant ball player we would have seen it last season when he was playing midfield. Instead he really struggled. For a CB he would be a good passer. But he's too small, weak and slow for the position.
Yep Blind is a brilliant ball player. Being small weak and slow has nothing to do with how good his passing is. Plus he's quite stong for his size anyway. Idk what more he can do to impress you as he has not conceded anything bar an own goal. Have some faith in your players

SteveW

Yep Blind is a brilliant ball player. Being small weak and slow has nothing to do with how good his passing is. Plus he's quite stong for his size anyway. Idk what more he can do to impress you as he has not conceded anything bar an own goal. Have some faith in your players
Not what I said.

ivaldo

Can anyone supply any gifs of Blind against Oulare, Gestede and De Sutter? Would be great to have them to balance out the over exaggeration of Blinds weaknesses.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Its been a decent start but people are too quick to lavish praise..It was the exact same thing last season with some people even going as far as to claim that he was much better than Carrick..the biggest fears in type of strikers that could theoretically trouble him in terms of speed and strength have yet to be faced..lets see how he gets on there..
Yeah, I remember that. Crazy stuff.
Anyway, he's done well. He seems to fit the defensive system (which is ultimately what it's about). Little to complain about thus far.

Dan_F

I think one of the main issues we've got is set pieces when we play a team with three or four stronger players. A bit like Darmian marking Richards against Villa.

On the plus side Blind hasn't really put a foot wrong so far this season. I'm not sure Rojo would even be too much of an upgrade when he's fit. Maybe he's a bit stronger and faster, but a lot more potential to make a mistake.

I'm sure no matter how many good games Blind has, as soon as he makes a mistake everyone will be baying for blood.

prath92

Again not what I said. I said he wasn't a brilliant ball player.
We don't need him to be Xavi or scholes level. He is better than 90% of the CBs in PL and certainly better than everyone in our team. And his defending is good too. Intercepts well, positioning is good and good tackler. Together it's a good combination to have

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
What Blind lacks physically he compensates with his quick thinking and tactical knowledge of the game.

SteveW

Not convinced by him but hopefully he does well again today. We're set up quite solidly so think it should be fine assuming Smalling takes care of Gomis.

ivaldo

Not convinced by him but hopefully he does well again today. We're set up quite solidly so think it should be fine assuming Smalling takes care of Gomis.
You don't say...

Swansea 2:1 Man Utd

DevilRed

Struggling against gomis. Their best chances came through errors from blind.

He is a great option to have but I still see Jones and Smalling as our longterm centreback partnership. If only Jones can stay injury free.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Struggling against gomis. Their best chances came through errors from blind.

He is a great option to have but I still see Jones and Smalling as our longterm centreback partnership. If only Jones can stay injury free.
No, we should have signed Ottamendi

ivaldo

GNev criticising Blind a bit - saying it was like when he himself struggled to play CB.
Yeah its nonsense, I mean the first clip they showed was the dink over the top, it had absolutely nothing to do with pace or strength but it suited their story.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Struggled?.. my stream was cutting out a bit but didn't Gomis tear him apart just the once.. Gomis can do that to anyone?

SteveW

Can anyone supply any gifs of Blind against Oulare, Gestede and De Sutter? Would be great to have them to balance out the over exaggeration of Blinds weaknesses.
Few examples in that half. Smalling helping him as much as possible but every time it's him and Gomis he's getting destroyed. Culpable for three of Swansea's best chances. Thankfully we've got away with it. As Neville said at half time speaking from his own experience playing CB, you can know the position inside out but without the physical attributes it can be a major struggle.

On the positive he passed it very well and read one situation with Ayew beautifully. But in the end he could have cost us three goals if their finishing had been better.

ivaldo

Few examples in that half. Smalling helping him as much as possible but every time it's him and Gomis he's getting destroyed. Culpable for three of Swansea's best chances. Thankfully we've got away with it. As Neville said at half time speaking from his own experience playing CB, you can know the position inside out but without the physical attributes it can be a major struggle.

On the positive he passed it very well and read one situation with Ayew beautifully. But in the end he could have cost us three goals if their finishing had been better.
No he wasn't, a ball over top doesn't constitute as a chance, the sig chance was a mess, the ball could've gone anywhere, was beaten well by Gomis for the 3rd.

As predicted any sniff of a possible mistake and it's blown out of proportion.

SteveW

No he wasn't, a ball over top doesn't constitute as a chance, the sig chance was a mess, the ball could've gone anywhere, was beaten well by Gomis for the 3rd.

As predicted any sniff of a possible mistake and it's blown out of proportion.
You're kidding. Nev and Carragher spent all of half time talking about it. Try to stay objective here.

ivaldo

You're kidding. Nev and Carragher spent all of half time talking about it. Try to stay objective here.
Well if they were talking about it it must be true. They mentioned before the game that Gomis was going to tag onto Blind, why on earth would they try to vindicate themselves?!

That header was scored off the back of Smalling, was that due to his physical limitations?

SteveW

Well if they were talking about it it must be true. They mentioned before the game that Gomis was going to tag onto Blind, why on earth would they try to vindicate themselves?!

That header was scored off the back of Smalling, was that due to his physical limitations?
Obviously not. Whats wrong with you???

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Gomis made things difficult for Blind in the first half, sure. He also made things difficult for Smalling in the second half, outpacing him for his goal. If that had happened to Blind you would never hear the end of it but the fact it happened to our fastest defender shows that pace and power really isn't the answer to everything. Likewise for Ayew's goal. If Blind had missed the header the knives would be out, but because it:s Smalling it's just a small error from a ruthless counterattack.

Absolutely 100% guaranteed this game will be referred to as the game when Blind was found out when it was his unbeatable partner for both goals

kundalini

A truly terrible performance from Blind. I thought he lost his nerve completely. Of course he struggled against Gomis' power and turn of pace but you'd hope his positioning would limit the damage. The only surprising thing was that neither goal was particularly his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.