Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAME DIOUF 32

A lot of overreaction here. Yes he was awful tonight and he's not physically built to play centre half, but he's certainly not an awful one. He's generally had a good season and can comfortably play centre back against less physical teams. Picked a bad day to brain fart for 90 minutes though.
He can play centre back against crap teams and when we have 70% possession. He's a fraud.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
His lack of positional awareness is laughable. The sooner we sign another CB the better.

Sylar

The first goal, why is he turning away from it. He just needs to square up and its most likely blocked.
The second goal was frustrating cos he actively chose to drop back and play on about 5 people and then puts his hand up for offside.
Third goal was just bad marking.

but on top of that, some of his passing was really bad today especially first half.

arthurka

Just not a CB.. Terrible game from him.. Not good enough for utd. Cost us dearly tonight. Involved in all goals and gave Carroll a clear chance..

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's fine at CB for home games where we dominate possession. Away from home he's a liability and a blatant target for the opposition.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Did Rooney really vote for this fraudster as POTY? Our squad is seriously filled with one clown bigger than the other.

f_to_z

I don't know why Van Gal did not substitute him in half time. He was clearly having a bad game and was looking very nervous with lots of mistakes.

I remember during Fergie era when he saw a player having a bad game he would substitute him. Many defender examples such as Rafael, Evans, and brown have all been substituted when having a bad game.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Bin Rojo and have Blind as back up to Shaw next season.

Not physical enough for CB or midfield.
And not quick enough to be LB. Keep him as a backup DM or get rid. Such limited footballing ability.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I must have missed that. I havn´t seen a single impressive pass today.
West Ham didn't sit back and give him all the time in the world to make those passes. He can only makes those passes under no pressure. That is why anyone who thinks that this guy will work as a holding player in our midfield is living in Lala land.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
His passing is probably one of the most overrated things on here. It's ridiculous.
yeah. it really is. His passing isn´t anything special. Not even against bad teams. He needs way too much time on the ball to make simple passes and is completely useless when anyone dares to press him.
It is similar with Rooney, who needs 10s to make a semi-accurate cross-field floater and the commentators start wanking about it. I must be watching different games at times.
West Ham didn't sit back and give him all the time in the world to make those passes. He can only makes those passes under no pressure. That is why anyone who thinks that this guy will work as a holding player in our midfield is living in Lala land.
He was terrible the few times he played as DM. Playing him in midfield would be a disaster.

Vilev

Every once in a while some people think, hey he might actually be a decent CB, good even. Our defensive record is not that bad. No he can't and anybody who things otherwise is kidding themselves except LVG, he is just being ridiculously stupid.
Get him back in he midfield position.

RRCE

Unfortunately, this is the kind of performance in a big match that I feared we would see from him. He's been quite good for most of the season. In my opinion, he's done an admirable job playing out of position all year. He deserves a lot of credit. He was found out tonight, though. A valuable squad player, but we simply can't go into next season with him as one of our starting centre backs.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't know why Van Gal did not substitute him in half time. He was clearly having a bad game and was looking very nervous with lots of mistakes.

I remember during Fergie era when he saw a player having a bad game he would substitute him. Many defender examples such as Rafael, Evans, and brown have all been substituted when having a bad game.
My mate was calling for Jones to be brought on and Blind moved to midfield as early as the 20th minute. He was wanting Herrera off. Why Carrick never started only LVG knows.

Lawman

Unfortunately, this is the kind of performance in a big match that I feared we would see from him. He's been quite good for most of the season. In my opinion, he's done an admirable job playing out of position all year. He deserves a lot of credit. He was found out tonight, though. A valuable squad player, but we simply can't go into next season with him as one of our starting centre backs.
Yep a lot of his defenders on the cafe gone into hiding. Had a good season but never a centre back he's a chance a game at best. Good squad player at best.

The United

I think he was shit in this match mainly because of lack of communications with other defenders which was very apparent in the game the whole time especially with smalling who as as shit as him and wandering off a lot to confuse the feck out of everyone.

So according to gift lord's pics, first one was deflected and 2nd one was a tad offside?

The United

Yep a lot of his defenders on the cafe gone into hiding. Had a good season but never a centre back he's a chance a game at best. Good squad player at best.
So where were his critics when he played well? We could do it all day.

And United fans defending their players. What on earth those people doing? Only to get ridicule in opposition team's forums like this right? oh wait...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I really like Blind. I think he's been one of our best players this season. Probably the best after the obvious 3. But he was terrible last night and I feel we have to be careful with playing him at CB up against such tall teams. He can handle one Lukaku but West Ham are just a beastly team overall and it exposed him badly.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think he is one of those players who is basically an anomoly. The games against big strikers, where you think he would struggle, he manages to do well- Benteke, Lukaku. But when those strikers are running around him- he struggles bad. Its interesting because we regard him as an intelligent layer, someone who reads the game well and hence can position himself so speed factor reduces, but that doesn't happen.

Lawman

So where were his critics when he played well? We could do it all day.

And United fans defending their players. What on earth those people doing? Only to get ridicule in opposition team's forums like this right? oh wait...
The point being The United we got to be real and defending Blind week after week when yes he does ok but then gives away at least one chance per game is not right. Are you suggesting because he's our player we can't mention or criticise his performances? If that's the case the Rojo thread needs locked.

legball

He had a terrible game, but he's not a center back and did well there overall this season. Question should be asked of the club. It's been over 2 yrs Rio and Vidic left and a club with our resources have been unable to replace them. That's the definition of failure.

The United

The point being The United we got to be real and defending Blind week after week when yes he does ok but then gives away at least one chance per game is not right. Are you suggesting because he's our player we can't mention or criticise his performances? If that's the case the Rojo thread needs locked.
You can criticize but calling out and ridiculing the fans who defend their players from mindlessly bashing on their own team forum is pretty shit don't you think?

And blind was not the only one who played like shit today. Smalling was equally bad so it was something else not just individual shit performance randomly.

Lawman

I think he was shit in this match mainly because of lack of communications with other defenders which was very apparent in the game the whole time especially with smalling who as as shit as him and wandering off a lot to confuse the feck out of everyone.

So according to gift lord's pics, first one was deflected and 2nd one was a tad offside?
The first one he ended up 10 yards away from his man (he should know he's the only man in the box for West Ham and go touch tight) the deflection is not the bit I blame him for. The other one he played everyone on as he didn't look (he did it in the first half also and Carroll should have scored. The other one his marker got away from him.

Lawman

You can criticize but calling out and ridiculing the fans who defend their players from mindlessly bashing on their own team forum is pretty shit don't you think?

And blind was not the only one who played like shit today. Smalling was equally bad so it was something else not just individual shit performance randomly.
You're talking rubbish if you are trying to put Smalling on par with Blind last night. And stop being a drama queen this is a forum if our player play great then they get the praise if they are poor then they get criticised.

DenisIrwin

Both he and Herrera had very poor games. Herrera for 5 fouls and piss-poor passing and Blind for crap positioning (but at least he kept the fouls down to just the 1). Herrera, having grown up in Basque country with ETA and all, might have been more upset than most by the sh!t with the bus. Maybe Blind's problem was (in some small way) down to crowd noise (if Smalling and co were actually trying to communicate with him). Would like to see him play DM next season.

The United

You're talking rubbish if you are trying to put Smalling on par with Blind last night. And stop being a drama queen this is a forum if our player play great then they get the praise if they are poor then they get criticised.
Smalling was really bad. He lost almost every duel against Caroll, in the air or on the ground. Watch the match again. Also Caroll's chance in first half was SMALLING fault for pressing their guy in their own half while we had morgan and Rooney around him to do the job. You do know that you can't trap offside in the other team half right? You just don't leave a player next to you and press someone else into the other team half as a defender which is something blind gets ridiculed for.

I am drama queen because I try to give balanced arguments instead of jumping on 'everyone is shit and embarrassing at this club" without actually being reasonable?

Drama queens are the ones who go negative nancy at everything imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.