Dan Ashworth - Newcastle DoF currently tending to his garden

Brophs

The One and Only
Ashworth is playing 3D chess. Unfortunately Newcastle are just playing normal 2 player Mario Kart, so he’s made himself look a right cnut.

El Zoido

That has to be bollocks. I don’t see how you accidentally send yourself an email.
Seen several people where I work cc themselves in to every email they send so they can retain a copy. I don't know why they don't just use the sent items folder and never bothered to ask, but it's a thing some people do.

Not that I think this story has any truth in it, mind.

TheReligion

Abusive
What’s the end goal of Newcastle here? The club is pathetic and conducting itself like a child.

Why keep trying to delay the inevitable.

VWW

this seems all too convenient right now for newcastle. If this happened back in february then why only mention it now?

something doesnt seem right about this story.

ShinjiNinja26

Everyone's incompetent according to this place - no surprise
I was joking here but as for the point you’re making of course it’s no surprise, incompetency is all this clubs known for the last 10 years. Is it any wonder people are sceptical when the club make any major changes/appointments?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I was joking here but as for the point you’re making of course it’s no surprise, incompetency is all this clubs known for the last 10 years. Is it any wonder people are sceptical when the club make any major changes/appointments?
Point is the club has been clamouring for an appointment like Ashworth, one mistake (a pretty big one i admit) and he’s being written off, the CAF is a joke at times.

ShinjiNinja26

this seems all too convenient right now for newcastle. If this happened back in february then why only mention it now?

something doesnt seem right about this story.
It’s most likely bollocks that’s why. I’ll wait for other reputable sources to report on this instead of some Geordie mouthpiece. Looks on the face of it like Newcastle have got sour grapes and are trying to tarnish Ashworth’s reputation.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Dont understand what is the issue with that mail. It sounds like made up issue. Every employee in the world negotiates with new company before resigning . And why is Newcastle reading his personal email?

Swedish_Plumber

Geordie owners quick on releasing info when it suits them eh. Keep quiet on state sponsored murder but heaven forbid someone wants a new job.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Dont understand what is the issue with that mail. It sounds like made up issue. Every employee in the world negotiates with new company before resigning . And why is Newcastle reading his personal email?
They have access to his work email which is where is he alleged to have sent this email. I'm not quite sure what he has set up though.

He probably hit reply all or something

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
They have access to his work email which is where is he alleged to have sent this email. I'm not quite sure what he has set up though.

He probably hit reply all or something
Reply all would be funny but if this happened in february, then it would have been reported by all major outlets.

If they have access to his work emails and can read them, then no way they can disclose this unless Ashworth had okayed it.

Even if Newcastle knew by tapping his mail ( even legally if they have understanding with Ashworth to read his work emails which i doubt), even then i don’t understand what is illegal here? And if they read his email illegally, then this is just smear attempt and shows how shameless Saudis and Newcastle are

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Considering it's all completely different decision makers I would've thought there'd be more optimism, clearly not

mu4c_20le

Just trying to work out in my head how that (naturally) works through. What’s the policy?

They have someone who reads EVERY email (and stumbled upon this one)? or just Ashworths and waited three months?
After some digging around, I believe there is a law that lets employers read emails when the employee is absent from work. So my guess is they decided to take a peek and check for dirt after placing him on gardneing leave, and voila.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Seen several people where I work cc themselves in to every email they send so they can retain a copy. I don't know why they don't just use the sent items folder and never bothered to ask, but it's a thing some people do.

I do it as well. My to do list often consists of marked emails

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24

Did he send the email from his personal email and cc to his work email? That wouldn't make sense. If he replied from his work email, there is no need to CC himself for Newcastle to have access to that email, they just can check the sent emails.