Dan Gore | 2023/24 Performances | Port Vale (loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really impressed me in physical battles too. Want to see him getting more minutes soon, preferably with either Casemiro or Amrabat next to him.

Needs to bulk up
Difference between asking for a player to become a unit and asking for a player to be secure on the pitch. Imagine a PL defender or midfielder running into him full force, don't think this would end very well. He definitely is gritty and good with his feet but PL is a different story and played at a different speed. I'd love to see more of him but I am not sure, he could handle the physicality yet.

How highly rated is he at youth level? Looks very comfortable on the ball at the very least
Very. Was one of our best players in the FA youth cup winning side and that side was filled to the brim with talent.

Please don't start with this. It's not 1986 not every midfielder needs to be some hard man.

Caf would be saying fecking Pedri needs to bulk up if he had come on tonight.
To be fair, given Pedri’s recurring injuries, maybe he should’ve bulked up a little instead of being overplayed by Barca

Really like the look of him. Seems almost a bit more rounded than Meijbri, but probably hasn't got the frame for PL yet. Hopefully he'll get chances. Having him, Mainoo and Mejbri, will be difficult to share the minutes. Think he was the one who "shined" the most out of youngsters on tour (which isn't the highest bar but still)

I think more the point is he hasn’t got the frame for Manchester United. If we were a different team that played different football, less would be made of his frame. Hopefully we start transitioning to a game where not all small players are dismissed on their physique. I suspect if he had a cameo at City, or dare I say, Brighton - people wouldn’t say he was too small for this league. It’s a little bit the league, but also a bit about it just being about us in particular.

Extremely impressed at how well he handled the physical aspect of his appearance tonight. Rode challenges and kept the ball really well.

Pleased for Gore to make his debut. Started out tentatively and then warmed into the game. Given our issues in midfield it's good to see kids like this taking to first team football.

I think more the point is he hasn’t got the frame for Manchester United. If we were a different team that played different football, less would be made of his frame. Hopefully we start transitioning to a game where not all small players are dismissed on their physique. I suspect if he had a cameo at City, or dare I say, Brighton - people wouldn’t say he was too small for this league. It’s a little bit the league, but also a bit about it just being about us in particular.
Good point. A different football could make it easier. But I guess my comment wasn't very well phrased. I don't want my midfielders to look like McTominay just with better feet. Just look at Bernado, Foden or Jesus, those guys aren't physical units but they have upper body strength and they can withstand bodychecks. Gore is what? 18, 19? Would be too dangerous for me, I'd love to see more of him and next to Casemiro and Amrabat, theres definitely a place for him but I'd put his health at 1st priority. An injury is the last thing you want at that age (not that there is a good age for injuries but 18-20 seems like a very important time for development)

He's a very good player and it seems like ten Hag is looking to develop him in a deeper role. For a small player he's physically very capable and has the ability to receive passes on the half turn or with his back to goal. And he can carry/dribble the ball.

I'm very hopeful our midfield is going to be very strong in the next year or two.

I like a player like him, composed on the ball, with very good first touch and reading of the game. Might not give you the impression of James Garner with the ability to pass the ball around the pitch over the top with so much ease, but at least he seems to be able to work hard and get involved, unlike some failed youth prodigies in the past. Maybe he's also one of those who actually were given a chance, albeit it's down to injuries.

Really like the look of him. Seems almost a bit more rounded than Meijbri, but probably hasn't got the frame for PL yet. Hopefully he'll get chances. Having him, Mainoo and Mejbri, will be difficult to share the minutes. Think he was the one who "shined" the most out of youngsters on tour (which isn't the highest bar but still)
Has a similar frame to Gilmour

With Mainoo and Mount coming back, Hannibal and this lad breaking into the first team and Amrabat turning out being the opposite of shite, turns out our midfield isn't the concern we thought it would be :)

This is a very interesting young player! Just feel he has a huge future in front of him. I decide to hype him up from now on.

Fecking typical. You wait a long time for a proper midfielder and then three come along at once. :wenger:

Between this lad, Amrabat and Mainoo, we might be able to play a little bit of the old possession football now and again going forward.

Hannibal too, please.

:lol: classic caf
Yeah the kid is still really young, Bruno isnt a unit and even Fred who acted as a DM at times isn't the strongest or biggest.

Gore took the challenges well wish he was a couple of inches taller because of duels in the air but it's not the end of the world.

Best midfield prospect we've had since Mainoo!

Gore has a lot of talent but it's always been his composure that stood out for me. He plays with a 'not giving a shit' attitude. Nothing seems to faze him and it appears that also includes playing for the first team. I missed that pass to Garnacho at 00:53 the first time, but it was seriously impressive. As was his ability to ride Holding's challenge at 1:40. Unlike many talented young players, Gore strikes me as one who already has the mentality required to succeed. Whether he will or not remains to be seen. Exciting prospect nonetheless.

We seem to have a lot of young talent in deeper areas Mainoo, Gore and Hansen. Hope we give them chances as they offer something different from the first teamers.

We seem to have a lot of young talent in deeper areas Mainoo, Gore and Hansen. Hope we give them chances as they offer something different from the first teamers.
How Ten Hag utilises Ambrabat ,Mount along with Some of the youngsters to solve United's midfield issues could very much define how this season goes for United and whether Ten Hag is the right man going forward for United .

We shouldn't need to reinforce the midfield for a few years now as it looks like we have really good prospects now

Very impressed by him and he might just have a higher ceiling than Hannibal. I hope he can be integrated with the team with some sub appearances in cups and bench appearances in PL and CL games. Every bit of experience counts and playing/training alongside Bruno, Casemiro, Eriksen and Amrabat can only help him grow. Those are some good role models to have, not just for Gore, but for Hannibal and Mainoo too.

I like this kid. He could be an under the radar one as Mainoo has been getting all the plaudits.

Having seen him a few times in the academy and during the pre-season, i was not surprised with the performance yesterday. He's going to be a very good midfielder.

Looked very self assured and has a great ability to take the ball on the turn and glide past players.
Very promising

He was busy, which is a compliment. Palace didn't pressure us much but he moved the ball well and brought it forward a few times. Can't ask for more really in a game like that.

I'd place him somewhere between Hannibal, who won't make it here, and Mainoo, who probably will.

Status
Not open for further replies.