Dani Ceballos - loan to Arsenal from RM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Seems a great talent but as others have said, if we can't buy, we're basically Madrid's reserves.
You might be able to buy him, if what Fabrizio Romano is reporting is correct about Perez telling Arsenal he will discuss a potential permanent move next summer.

Varun

Staff
Helping others to develop their players is a no no when you are also a big club yourself. It will only be a good deal if there is option to buy
See where you're coming from completely but then they're broke and not even in the same league as Madrid on and off the pitch so probably don't see them as competitors.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
You might be able to buy him, if what Fabrizio Romano is reporting is correct about Perez telling Arsenal he will discuss a potential permanent move next summer.
I imagine that would have happened regardless though, so long as he plays well for us.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Excellent player, but I would be embarrassed if United agreed to such a deal with no option to buy.
Big upgrade for now though. Will easily be their best midfielder.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Fantastic little player. I hope he can tear it up for the gunners next season and doesn't end up like Morata at Chelsea. His close control is almost as good as Isco.
Do you think there's any chance you will sell him?

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Helping others to develop their players is a no no when you are also a big club yourself. It will only be a good deal if there is option to buy
The thinking is to use him to get back into the CL next season, and then use that to attract better players to Arsenal. We don't have the money to buy a CM right now, so a loan is the next best thing.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
There was no option to buy for Kovacic. Chelsea and Real agreed for a fee this summer.
Ceballos wants to leave Real this summer too, because he wants to play more. Next season he will see, who will play in midfield for Real.
Different situation. Kovacic wanted to leave, period. Ceballos needs to because for whatever reason he can't work with Zidane. Kovacic went on loan because that's what chelsea offered. Ceballos is going in loan because that's what he wants, because he hopes to come back

Anyways, he's a big talent with some really grating flaws. He's a wolverine in terms of energy and hardwork, though by no means a particularly good defensive player he will run and fight his socks off on that side of the ball. In possession he's a tremendous dribbler, too good in fact with a tendency to feck up potential chances by trying one dribbling too many. Good vision and passing range, needs to improve on quality/weight but above all needs to learn timing. Again, he tends to hold on to the ball that extra half sec, take that one extra touch, that can ruin dangerous attacks. He does move the ball well for the most part though. Not a real goal threat but improving in that regard, too. Potential to become one of the very best CM in the world IF he fixes those flaws. If not, he'll be Kovacic 2.0

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
As a Real Madrid fan who watches a lot of Arsenal games. Ceballos i by some distance your best midfielder now. I rate him much higher then Xhaka, Current Ôzil and Guandouzi. Congratulation.
Brilliant. I love the way Arsenal are becoming. They will slip into mediocrity very soon with the way they are NOT spending. At least we spend money. Albeit most of the time not wisely.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Different situation. Kovacic wanted to leave, period. Ceballos needs to because for whatever reason he can't work with Zidane. Kovacic went on loan because that's what chelsea offered. Ceballos is going in loan because that's what he wants, because he hopes to come back

Anyways, he's a big talent with some really grating flaws. He's a wolverine in terms of energy and hardwork, though by no means a particularly good defensive player he will run and fight his socks off on that side of the ball. In possession he's a tremendous dribbler, too good in fact with a tendency to feck up potential chances by trying one dribbling too many. Good vision and passing range, needs to improve on quality/weight but above all needs to learn timing. Again, he tends to hold on to the ball that extra half sec, take that one extra touch, that can ruin dangerous attacks. He does move the ball well for the most part though. Not a real goal threat but improving in that regard, too. Potential to become one of the very best CM in the world IF he fixes those flaws. If not, he'll be Kovacic 2.0
So he has an issue with Zidane?

What do you mean by if his CL magic holds? I imagine if Cabellos impresses then he will be looking to take up a squad role next season at Real, and Zidane may want him around. Especially if the likes of Modric, Kroos or Isco leave.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Brilliant. I love the way Arsenal are becoming. They will slip into mediocrity very soon with the way they are NOT spending. At least we spend money. Albeit most of the time not wisely.
Ole is out of his depth, so throwing money is the best option ATM. Unfortunately we have the opposite problem, a decent manager with no money.

flappyjay

See where you're coming from completely but then they're broke and not even in the same league as Madrid on and off the pitch so probably don't see them as competitors.
Exactly, Arsenal finished 5th are about to play a third straight Europa campaign and top it all off the owner won't make significant cash available so this is a great deal for them. Their competitors are United and Chelsea not Madrid

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So he has an issue with Zidane?

What do you mean by if his CL magic holds? I imagine if Cabellos impresses then he will be looking to take up a squad role next season at Real, and Zidane may want him around. Especially if the likes of Modric, Kroos or Isco leave.
If Zidane remains in charge, i'm not sure even ceballos turning into godzilla would be enough to let him come back with us. The players who Zidane doesn't like, it seems it's for personal reasons, not a matter of ability but rather Zidane not wanting anything to do with them

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
This type of loan deal usually happens at smaller clubs and I'm surprised arsenal have agreed without an option to buy

You are in essece helping Madrid to develop their kid without any returns
Beggars can't be choosers.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Ole is out of his depth, so throwing money is the best option ATM. Unfortunately we have the opposite problem, a decent manager with no money.
:lol:
It must worry you that an out of depth manager had more points than your "decent" manager after Ole took over in December.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
If Zidane remains in charge, i'm not sure even ceballos turning into godzilla would be enough to let him come back with us. The players who Zidane doesn't like, it seems it's for personal reasons, not a matter of ability but rather Zidane not wanting anything to do with them
Yeah, Zidane seems to be a nutter that way. No man management skills, but I guess it comes with the territory of being an all time great.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, Zidane seems to be a nutter that way. No man management skills, but I guess it comes with the territory of being an all time great.
Heh. He seems to be similar to Mourinho. Players are either all-in or all-out with him.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
:lol:
It must worry you that an out of depth manager had more points than your "decent" manager after Ole took over in December.
Not worried at all, I don't think anyone is. In fact I'm fairly sure every other opposition fan is happy he got a long term contract. Ole had a hot start and then the wheel fell off.

The thing that will keep United competitive will be splashing that cash and keeping hold of Pogba and De Gea.

Maybe he will surprise everyone this season? But IMO it's more likely that they will win in spight of him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not worried at all, I don't think anyone is. In fact I'm fairly sure every other opposition fan is happy he got a long term contract. Ole had a hot start and then the wheel fell off.

The thing that will keep United competitive will be splashing that cash and keeping hold of Pogba and De Gea.

Maybe he will surprise everyone this season? But IMO it's more likely that they will win in spight of him.
Yeah because ManUtd are winning machine on Auto mode since SAF retired, we should win no matter who the manager is.

KM

So if he fails, it's his due to his lack of skills but if he does well then it's due to the players. What a bizarre and stupid thing to say. Sounds like you've made up your mind that Ole should deserve no credit if we're successful this season.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah because ManUtd are winning machine on Auto mode since SAF retired, we should win no matter who the manager is.
If you sign the right players anf strengthen the areas you need to - RB (big tick), CM, CB, Winger and keep hold of Pogba and De Gea then you will have a very strong squad, IMO.

roonster09

Scout
If you sign the right players anf strengthen the areas you need to - RB (big tick), CM, CB, Winger and keep hold of Pogba and De Gea then you will have a very strong squad, IMO.
We have signed only RB to strengthen the team and the winger we signed will be squad player at best for this season. We are linked with CM for months and haven't signed anyone. Ole said we won't sign CM to replace Herrera and Fellaini.

So till date we have improved RB and at best we might sign CB.

If we win, it will be because of Ole's work with the team.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
So if he fails, it's his due to his lack of skills but if he does well then it's due to the players. What a bizarre and stupid thing to say.
Why so precious?

I'm saying that if you have enough talent in the squad it can overcome poor management and earn some points. It's a simple concept and happens often enough. Obviously it goes the other way too.

If Ole gets United playing a top brand and getting nice results then I will be the first to put my hand up and say I underestimated Ole. But as it stands he has a less than impressive coaching resume.

KM

Why so precious?

I'm saying that if you have enough talent in the squad it can overcome poor management and earn some points. It's a simple concept and happens often enough. Obviously it goes the other way too.

If Ole gets United playing a top brand and getting nice results then I will be the first to put my hand up and say I underestimated Ole. But as it stands he has a less than impressive coaching resume.
Seeing as that didn't happen under Mourinho then i don't think it's as simple as you say.

What I am saying is that if Ole should be judged on his results equally. If the losses are counted against him then the wins should be counted for him.

As @roonster09 says, we've made only one signing for the first team so far and it only looks likely that we'll sign a CB.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Seeing as that didn't happen under Mourinho then i don't think it's as simple as you say.

What I am saying is that if Ole should be judged on his results equally. If the losses are counted against him then the wins should be counted for him.
IMO it will depend largely on how you get the results, and the manner in which he has United playing.

Obviously he needs to be given time and a proper turn to run things his way, which is happening now. I'm just basing it on what I saw last season. But he could prove every doubter wrong now he's had time to implement his style instead of trying to rescue a season.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
We have signed only RB to strengthen the team and the winger we signed will be squad player at best for this season. We are linked with CM for months and haven't signed anyone. Ole said we won't sign CM to replace Herrera and Fellaini.

Fair enough, but there is still some time left to get deals over the line - I have to believe that because we are in an even worse position than you regarding transfers.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
If he does that he’s a legend in my eyes. I was referring to Denis Suarez though.
I know, but Suarez never happened. I've spent weeks trying to banish it from my memory.

Trust us to sign the spud Suarez from Barcelona.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Good player - rumour was that Spurs wanted him also but we pulled out when RM refused to give us an option to buy - kinda surprised to see Arsenal agree to a pure loan like that but I guess if he makes the difference this season and gets them into the CL then it's worth it.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Good player - rumour was that Spurs wanted him also but we pulled out when RM refused to give us an option to buy - kinda surprised to see Arsenal agree to a pure loan like that but I guess if he makes the difference this season and gets them into the CL then it's worth it.
Yeah Levy didn't wanna fatten a calf for RM, also rumour is he has to play a certain set number of matches even is he isn't playing well.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Heh. He seems to be similar to Mourinho. Players are either all-in or all-out with him.
There were stories with France about him picking and choosing players alongside Thuram and Desailly, and later Makélélé. If they didn't like/rate you, you were done. There is no proof of it but I have always believed it

JazzG

Resident Arse.
This type of loan deal usually happens at smaller clubs and I'm surprised arsenal have agreed without an option to buy

You are in essece helping Madrid to develop their kid without any returns
I'm seeing this deal as similar to when Chelsea took Kovacic, if he does well here and he likes his time here a deal can be done. Reports from Spain indicate Perez has said we will talk next summer, so there is an informal agreement but of course that doesn't really mean much,

It's not ideal but if worse comes to worse he helps us back into the CL and leaves I can live with that. Some poor transfers and being out of the CL for 3 years now has crippled our finances, by hook or crook need to get back in and then rebuild from there.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a good player, will be interesting to see how he settles in.

Think he'd be a good replacement for Ramsey.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Typical Arsenal player. Another Redcafe darling about to be exposed in the league. Very awkward player.

But hey, who knows, maybe he turns into something special. Still don't believe it though.

Bestietom

When did Ole say we won't be signing a midfielder to replace Herrera and Fellaini. Last I heard him say was, he wanted to bring in 2 midfielders. In Interview by sky sports.

I'm not how this will play out for Arsenal if Caballos does become a success.

Will he want to stay at Arsenal next season permanently with or without CL ?
Can Arsenal afford him if he does want to stay or ,to put it more bluntly, will Kroenke want to put his hands in his pockets to make a permanent transfer possible ?
Will a successful personal campaign get him back into Madrid's/Zidane's thoughts ?

roonster09

Scout
When did Ole say we won't be signing a midfielder to replace Herrera and Fellaini. Last I heard him say was, he wanted to bring in 2 midfielders. In Interview by sky sports.
In one of the interview with Simon Stone, Peach and others. He said McTominay and Pereira will start at least 20 games and they are the replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.