Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Still not getting the respect he deserves from some fans with some of the narratives being perpetuated even on this page.

He's class, we could do with another 9 of him.

edit: ffs, previous page then.

Last edited:

dev1l

From talk of how he wasn't going to be near the team and was nowhere near the level, to him being by far the only positive light in the attacking positions!
True...it shows most people posting on forums are clueless. :)

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Still think he's our best buy last summer. Such an exciting player.

dev1l

It is worrying that a guy from a championship team looks our best attacker by far!
True but it could be a case of good scouting. Vardy and Kane also use to play in championship...
I believe there are more players in lower divisions who could make the grade

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
One of the few who can come off that pitch tonight and know they gave a good account of themselves.

DoomSlayer

I love this lad. Seems like a smart player who has the drive to play for Manchester United. His explosive acceleration is a great asset for us if used properly.

Rendezvous with Ronaldo

Supports
Hartlepool
I really like James, he's explosive, direct, aggressive and a hell of a lot of fun to watch. Now, imagine actual top technical ability to go with that.

m1tch

Great attitude, really impressed with him. Shame we couldn't have played through him more tonight although it's crazy we're pinning all our attacking hopes on a young lad in the first season stepping up from the championship to the premier league.

Bobski

A little concerning that our entire gameplan seems to be based on Rashford and James running fast in broken play.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Good player but at the wrong club. He'd be killing it at City with those chances he creates.

Red00012

The only positive this season. The tactic should have been to target chambers after he got booked, but we decided not to.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Very good but his final ball needs work, will be devastating when he sorts that out.
Half of the problem is he has no one to pass it too. The amount of times he beats his man to the line, plays in a low ball and we have no one running to the near post is worrying. He's usually got one player in the box to pick out and they're marked.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Was alright, but because everyone else was so dreadful his performance looks better than it was.

I'm very happy with him regardless, though. Lots of positives and, if he can work on his final ball and general passing, we'll have a decent weapon in our mitts.
Half of the problem is he has no one to pass it too. The amount of times he beats his man to the line, plays in a low ball and we have no one running to the near post is worrying. He's usually got one player in the box to pick out and they're marked.
True, but there were plenty waiting for the cutback and he didn't get his head up to see all 3 at one point lining up. His balls across the box are decently whipped in, but It's hit and hope for the majority instead of actually trying to pick out a teammate.

wr8_utd

:'(
Literally the only good thing about this season. If we had a striker with better instincts than Rashford, he'd probably get a lot more assists. James in the City/Liverpool team would be very productive imo. Unfortunately we've got Rashford who seems to be a bit slow in the head to react to any crosses or balls that come into the box.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Love him. His pace and directness causes problems. Great presser too. It’s a shame we don’t have a proper striker to feed off him. Must be frustrating having to continually try and find a united player in the box

RedDevilRoshi

Literally the only positive so far this season. Just a pity the players around him are awful.

MAME DIOUF 32

He's hit and miss and lacks subtlety but still by far our most dangerous attacker at the moment. Dread to think where we'd be without him.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is a real oldschool winger. Always dangerous with his pace out wide. A great alternative going forward. He never stops working for the team.

Devil may care

Patchy game, had some good moments but was rash at other times, I don't know why he didn't run at Chambers more.

Sylar

Were gonna burn him out arent we? :lol:

Our counters look so much better with him in the team. Id like to see him play with Martial on the counter.

saivet

I had pretty low expectations for him, but his performances have impressed me. He looks a decent player.

Still a lot he needs to work on but promising start for him at United.

jackal&hyde

Our best player on the pitch alongside McTominay. From the front 4 i felt like he was the only one likely to cause damage.

Hughes35

Really like him. Quite an old fashioned winger, very solid all around game and so far has been pretty consistent.

Honestly thing his crossing is great too, it's the movement from the strikers making it look bad. If we had a proper goal scorer he'd have a few assists.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Can't imagine what happen to our attack if Ole didn't spend a pocket change of 15m on him.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Really like him. Quite an old fashioned winger, very solid all around game and so far has been pretty consistent.

Honestly thing his crossing is great too, it's the movement from the strikers making it look bad. If we had a proper goal scorer he'd have a few assists.
It's ironic how our only old fashioned winger actually did better than the supposedly dynamic, modern, hard working, interchangeable forwards. I prefer players like him, clear in what he's good at, doesn't try to over complicate stuffs and he just plays his role in the team.

Hughes35

It's ironic how our only old fashioned winger actually did better than the supposedly dynamic, modern, hard working, interchangeable forwards. I prefer players like him, clear in what he's good at, doesn't try to over complicate stuffs and he just plays his role in the team.
Same here. You know what he's going to do but it's just so hard to stop. I've always played fullback and I'd much rather play against one of these inverted fancy players than a Dam James who just runs at you and whips it into the box. Also as a striker you know what he's going to do and know a cross is incoming at the end of it.

Suedesi

He was MOTM for me.

Not everything came off, but he was always positive, showing for the ball, running the channels, trying to take people on. Looks a gem.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was probably our best attacker, he has started the season well. His technical ability is underrated, he is far from kick and run merchant.

Kostov

I fecking love this kid, committed and brave, takes on players and wants to make things happen, then you see him in the 85th minute or something chasing players and putting pressure. Then you have players like Lingard who at the age of 27 hide aways like fecking cowards and bark on about being local lads while contributing nothing for months.

redshaw

Brilliant again last night.

He's got good invention to get around players. It's a real shame he's not joined a good United side.

Hopefully when Martial is back up front he can be better suited to finish off these attacks and we can get a run going.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
One of the clear positives of Ole's reign. In fact, all three transfers have been a success -- with James as the most doubtful at one stage. Being only 21, he will have his inconsistent periods but he certainly has an upward trajectory.

Status
Not open for further replies.