5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManuMou

James didn't quite perform against Spurs but I think his presence gave opponents a hard time whenever he got the ball, drifted down the right flank and that was what we needed, a real winger that gave our attack a different dimension and caused opponents to change their shape in defense. Much much better than Lingard/Mata on the RW where their presence is almost non-existent most of the time. James' work rate is another huge plus. Keep doing this, improving and assists/goals will come naturally. I like this kid.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Was my MOTM today. Looked dangerous and worked like a dog. Lad has been a bargain signing.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
AWB was my MOTM but my word this lad wasn't far behind

What a signing

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He was great again.

Those saying he lacks technique or is raw are just wrong and spout simplistic nonsense.

James was on the pitch with the most technical side in PL history and was comfortable, productive and worked his ass off.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Our best attacker today. Attacked, tracked back, attacked, tracked back, attacked, tracked back and attacked for over 90 minutes. Shame he couldn't score the first chance but oh well.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Created so many chances, had very good game. I don't know why people keep saying he doesn't play with head up, he always picks the passes well in final third.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Created so many chances, had very good game. I don't know why people keep saying he doesn't play with head up, he always picks the passes well in final third.
I just wanted to write opposite. He was great, he is great and he doesn't feck up counter but waits too much with the pass and then goes for b option pass. On one hand it is good because he doesn't risk but again, i would rather that he goes in that risk instead waiting too long. Pereira chance for example. He did good but there was a,pass for Rashford to go 1 on 1

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Love this lad. Another assist against a top team too. Worked so hard. What a bargain he's been.

roonster09

Scout
I just wanted to write opposite. He was great, he is great and he doesn't feck up counter but waits too much with the pass and then goes for b option pass. On one hand it is good because he doesn't risk but again, i would rather that he goes in that risk instead waiting too long. Pereira chance for example. He did good but there was a,pass for Rashford to go 1 on 1
James has playe dearly passes many times, 2 or 3 of his assists came like that. He is mixing it up which is good to see.

roonster09

Scout
Daniel James this season -
Scored vs Chelsea in PL
Won penalty vs Chelsea in league cup
Assist vs Liverpool
Assist vs City.

Very good contribution in big games.

Superunknown

Did not look out of place one bit in this game. Played with heart and tormented Angelino the entire game. Him and AWB were our best two players, along with Fred.

Yagami

Good post resistant
What did people make of the ref not blowing for fouls the two times he won the ball back at the edge of our area out wide by getting in front of the opposition players and going down?

They were some nervy moments. I obviously wanted the ref to blow but there are games where they do blow and it annoys me because the player is clearly looking for the freekick.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
What did people make of the ref not blowing for fouls the two times he won the ball back at the edge of our area out wide by getting in front of the opposition players and going down?

They were some nervy moments. I obviously wanted the ref to blow but there are games where they do blow and it annoys me because the player is clearly looking for the freekick.
I thought the ref called it correctly. James does tend to go down easy like that. McTominay was doing it as well without getting free kicks so the ref was consistent. Also James won the ball 2 or 3 times himself with a physical challenge. Ref did a good job. You can't be calling fouls like that in a game like this. That's how you lose control and pull out the card too much.

AFC NimbleThumb

The ref knew he’d made some unfavourable decisions & seemed to not want to give any of the ‘tactical’ fouls we were attempting to concede unless like the Walker on Young one.

His pace is frightening but what impressed me more is he runs with his head up when working down the wing; looking to play cross field passes etc.

R'hllor

You cant dislike this kid, there so many things to like. What kind of signing he is, we will see after season or two to judge properly. Also would like to see him raise his level and for that he will need a help.

Paul_Scholes18

Great game from him. Maybe should have scored though, but he totally dominated Angelino. His pace on the counter is deadly.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
I'm very impressed by him. He plays the game at a different speed altogether, even his decision making was faster than everyone on the pitch.

Handré1990

What a signing! He’s going to get even better factoring in his age, attitude and the fact he just came up from Wales. We’ve been complaining we didn’t get our own gems from lower leagues, well there you go.

M16Red

I said one of the best, not the best, we have to take into account the current market and inflation of prices. Back in the day it would have been a £5 million signing.
Just saying him and schmeichel are mine.

kundalini

Terrified City's defence, though he didn't always get the final ball quite right. Went down after barely any contact twice in our defensive third and the ref rightly played on.

Could have done better with his early shot.

Super performance but still needs to work on his play in the final third.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I won't be totally devastated if Sancho goes else where based on how James is progressing. I mean I know Sancho is better but the RW is no longer the priority now

Status
Not open for further replies.