5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Aaron

Can still drift in and out of games but he's brave as a lion and the pace will always be a threat.

Some of the hits on him tonight were dreadful , I was genuinely worried about a serious injury

kundalini

Got the assist for Rashford's late goal with a nicely weighted pass and created a big chance for Martial who opted not to shoot. Also had a couple of shots blocked.

drdoityourself

Much like Adama at Wolves it's a sign of resignation when defenders hack you down at every opportunity. Has brought a presence at right wing we haven't seen for years. His assist total is impressive, he's still just a few months in to top level football. He looks like an absolute steal for us, a rare sight for United transfers over the past decade.

Welbeckham

Gets nowhere near enough protection from referees. No one can keep up with his 15-20 meters bursts. The only way to stop him is to kick the living crap out of him. Those cumulative fouls should eventually cause red cards, let alone the horror tackles we saw tonight.

dev1l

Gets nowhere near enough protection from referees. No one can keep up with his 15-20 meters bursts. The only way to stop him is to kick the living crap out of him. Those cumulative fouls should eventually cause red cards, let alone the horror tackles we saw tonight.
The Mee tackle was out of a 70s Bruce Lee film.

Le Red

The more he gets beaten the more he fights. He's an idol in the making.
It's a shame if the club takes no action against Mike Dean because the cnut let the Burnley thugs thrash him and seemed to enjoy it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he played really well.

He's never going to skin people with step overs and tricks, he's a bit of an old fashioned winger that likes to play 1-2s and get his head down and run, and he does that really well.

he works so damn hard and takes some real hits, the ones by the LB and CB especially were really hard and dangerous. Poor guy is like a crash dummy!

He's been a great signing.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
The more he gets beaten the more he fights. He's an idol in the making.
It's a shame if the club takes no action against Mike Dean because the cnut let the Burnley thugs thrash him and seemed to enjoy it.
I would like to see how Mike Dean get on the end of one of those tackles..by accident.. just once in a game, to snap him out of his current delusions. Imagine him getting on the end of one of those tackles. He would be rushed to the hospital with one player going to jail.. football match gone wrong being in the headlines. "I just wanted to be a ref". It is seriously brutal how some of these refs think football should be played.

Daniel James is an amazing player. Good vision. Just an all around good little player to go with his serious expertise in counter attacking with pace. Doesn't need to do much more in terms of numbers to be valuable imo. I'd play him against anyone in front of anyone if he is on form, just a menace to deal with. Needs more competition though.

edgecutter

Done very well even when he was kicked around the place. His pace causes all sorts of problems.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Leading the assists chart for us now, 6th of the season tonight

MrVolley

Thought he played really well.

He's never going to skin people with step overs and tricks, he's a bit of an old fashioned winger that likes to play 1-2s and get his head down and run, and he does that really well.

he works so damn hard and takes some real hits, the ones by the LB and CB especially were really hard and dangerous. Poor guy is like a crash dummy!

He's been a great signing.
Yep.
A Kanchekskis type of winger.
Great on the counter attack but quick defenders in teams which sit deep may nullify him.

Dante

Average bang
His weight of passing, his vision and his touch in tight areas are excellent.

Just because he's dangerous on the break, doesn't mean he's unable to contribute a lot in a slow build-up. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

James Ward

What would you think of him in a number 10 position? I think he would be lethal when teams start getting tired.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Man of the match for me
Me too. Williams was a close 2nd but James was fantastic today. He should be in double digits for assists this season. Should have had 2 today. Not sure why Martial didn't shoot. And man oh man does this kid take a beating. But he's a warrior. Gets right back up and goes at it again. Great pick up this year. Hopefully he can keep it up and be rewarded with the #11 shirt...

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
What would you think of him in a number 10 position? I think he would be lethal when teams start getting tired.
Nope...that would take his speed right out of the game. #10 is good for a quick player, but there's a difference between being quick and being fast and James' best weapon is his pace and that would be lost playing in the hole...

Stadjer

No way.. his main strenght is his speed. He needs space for that and that space will usually be at the wing. Nearing the end of the game against a tired opponent who are going forward it might work in certain situation but i dont think it would work during normal moments during a match.

Besides that i dont think that he is very good without his speed or when he cant take full advantage of his speed. He does miss some technical ability and doesnt have the best vision i think. For example he ran with the ball to Martial when he should have passed to create a chance.

He can still improve as a player though but for the future i see him more as a 'super sub' or to fulfill a special role during certain matches rather than i see him as a Manchester United starter.

Andersons Dietician

Interesting seeing some MOTM calls for him. Genuinely thought he was non existent for most of the first half and a bit in to the 2nd. He couldn’t do anything right, poor touches, kept losing the ball and seemed quite sluggish. After those 2 crunchers on him it was like he finally realised he was playing football and started to get involved in the game.

should Have had more than 1 assist today because I’m not really sure why Martial didn’t bury that one where he eventually tried to feed in Lingard. However overall today apart from a 20 minute spell in the second half thought he was poor.

VJ1762

Only Trent, KDB and Son have more assists than him this season in the PL. Not bad for a 1st season in the PL honestly. Although I would like him to improve on his left leg and learn a stepover or something instead of always trying to knock it past and vroom vroom. Also Ole needs to speak out on opponents kicking and fouling him left, right and center.

All that said, I am just glad to have a functioning right hand side again.

Ace of Spades

Fantastic player for a bargain who will only get better with time. He should have more assists than he does, as he does put in some great deliveries in the box that are begging to be attacked, but we rarely see any of the attackers do that.

He has good technique and touch, his crossing is one of the best in the team and can play some nice through balls. His shooting is fairly good, but on the right he is limited in his game. He shows more variation on the left, but we have Rashford there.

I think he needs more protection as teams just resort to fouling him when they know they can't stop him. He does need to work more on when teams park the bus, on the right he is fairly limited as more of a creative option than a direct goal threat.

We need to sign one or two players then we will have our attack sorted nicely.

AneRu

Nope...that would take his speed right out of the game. #10 is good for a quick player, but there's a difference between being quick and being fast and James' best weapon is his pace and that would be lost playing in the hole...
True he is a handy weapon to have out on the right as it creates balance and prevents teams from doubling up on Martial and Rashford. Get Pogbe playing as the AM/No.10 or sign an actual No.10 and that would push Martial up to play on the last shoulder of the defender whilst at the same time give us someone who can find the front 3 in more dangerous positions and increase the output of the whole team.

DBT85

He did well considering the treatment he was getting. Just kept going time after time.

This was such a red card its not even funny

The One and Only

Solskjaer needs to make a statement asking referees to offer him more protection. Sir Alex would have done it. Some of the challenges on him yesterday were horrible

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I actually find him more dangerous when he cuts inside and goes flying through the space.

his acceleration and quick turns are pretty much impossible to stop if he has room to run into. I’d actually argue he’s easier to stop going down the line.

you need more then just running ability being the 10 though, but I wouldn’t say it’s the worst idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.