Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

Did you quote me and then delete the quote? :lol:
I quoted you in a previous post above. If you scroll up it’s there. The auto-save draft feat still had your post here when I wanted to quote somebody else.

TheRedHearted

For me it’s his mentality at the moment. He’s very frustrated, perhaps a result of being ineffective after a good start but either way he needs management. Know he lost his pops right before he moved here and that may be effecting him more then it did right away considering the move was a massive “distraction”.
His obvious frustration won’t help him and it’ll make it harder for team mates want to play with him or to him. My fear is that Ole has taken such a liking to him that he hasn’t managed him in the way he needs. He needs to be used a sub for Rashford or Greenwood atm. He puts his hands on his heads way too much. He can work through it though imo and grow past it but the game has to be fun and inspiring as opposed to frustrating.

Man Utd 3:0 Sheffield Utd

He'sRaldo

He didn't play for very long today, but you could see with his touches, dribbles, and runs into the box, his general movement as well, he was much more comfortable in possession on the left as opposed to the right.

He's not as bad as has been made out IMO, just played in the wrong position.

Mainoldo

He didn't play for very long today, but you could see with his touches, dribbles, and runs into the box, his general movement as well, he was much more comfortable in possession on the left as opposed to the right.

Glad you got that from him. I seen a player in him and Andreas that are nowhere near this level and need to go.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

It would be like playing Valencia on the left! He really isn't a right winger, he's just playing there due to our awful purchases.

When we get a proper right winger he will eventually be a back up left winger - what he should have been all along.

Brighton 0:3 Man Utd

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't have any doubts about him anymore. So far i would throw "if" or "but" or something like that but it is clear now. Championship player. Our worst ( quality wise) signing since Bebe.

Raw

Just not playing well at all for ages. I'd still keep him on as depth but he needs to get his shit together.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
At the start of the season he was alright for us. Now he isn’t. Sucks for him but I’m glad we’ve moved on from playing like a Championship side with Championship players.

El Zoido

I still think there’s a useful squad player in there. Been rubbish for ages though.

Eddy_JukeZ

Keeps getting worse and worse.

Still think he's decent as a squad option, but he's got to pick it up.

prateik

I'm not too worried.. his first season at this level and he is still young.

If his decision making/final ball doesnt improve this time next season, we can start worrying..

he gets into great positions.. is clearly a threat, especially coming on late in games.. just needs to make better decisions.

He could do a Welbeck and never improve... but way to early to think about that..

el3mel

Not working. His skills are pretty poor and not seeing them improve that much. Just kick it and run player.

mu4c_20le

I knew he was playing above his level at the start of the season, but didn't think he'd be so one dimensional. Still think he's useful to bring on late in the game against tired defenses.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Just not playing well at all for ages. I'd still keep him on as depth but he needs to get his shit together.
I am sorry but what shit? What people need to see to understand that he simply doesn't have quality. It is not bad patch, confidence or some other shit. He is not PL player. There is a reason why no club from PL wasn't interested in him. Only us and one more club from championship i think. And we did it because Giggsy told us.

BlahRules

Greenwood is levels above Jame and he is only 18. James will only ever be a squad player at best.

0le

Got into good positions but weak shots and maybe he could have passed instead. Some things to work on in the summer but looking forward to see how he develops.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He looked a bit better on the left, hes out of form but i'd still say theres a player in there. Its a big step up to playing for us and hes had loads of minutes this season.
If he keeps getting sub minutes on the left he'll improve 100%, theres one or two overreactions in here that look a little bit ridiculous.

Raw

I am sorry but what shit? What people need to see to understand that he simply doesn't have quality. It is not bad patch, confidence or some other shit. He is not PL player. There is a reason why no club from PL wasn't interested in him. Only us and one more club from championship i think. And we did it because Giggsy told us.
Well he's even getting the basics wrong lately, I feel like he knows he can do better. I know he's not that good of a player but I'd like to give him time to sort it out. He's still relatively young and we need all the depth we can get.

If he continues to be crap next season then get rid.

Classical Mechanic

Those shots were kind of so pathetic I wanted to cuddle him. Still think he has a part to play in the future of the team. I’d start him over Greenwood against City, for example.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The difference when him and pereira came on was stark. You can see how far Greenwood is ahead of him technically despite being 4 years younger. He looks so clumsy and awkward despite his pace.

The revolution needs to continue with more high quality footballers. Players like James, Pereira and Lingard aren’t really a part of it I’m afraid. The difference is a chasm.

Untd55

Really poor. He looks far too limited. At first, I thought he might be a good squad player, but I am starting to think he is too limited even for that.

Consider that we used to have Nani and Giggs as bench options. I am not seeing the quality that we need from a bench option.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
James' decision making really needs work. He could've teed up Ighalo twice after coming on. Seemed to lose his head in the search for individual glory. The players that do that might have great YouTube compilations but they tend not to have the careers they should. There are far more Ben Arfa's than Messi's. Really needs to learn to look up before he gets the ball and have an idea of what's around him before he plays it.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
With those shots he was aiming for the corner but they went bang in the middle towards the keeper. If that was greenwood, he would have buried one dead in the corner at least.

I still think he can be a useful squad player. But i would buy sancho in the transfer window. And keep Pogba as well.

He looked a bit better on the left, hes out of form but i'd still say theres a player in there. Its a big step up to playing for us and hes had loads of minutes this season.
If he keeps getting sub minutes on the left he'll improve 100%, theres one or two overreactions in here that look a little bit ridiculous.
Agreed. People need to remember that this is his second ever professional season, coming from the Championship.

Between August and early November he was pretty much our sole attacking force. For many games it was pass to Dan James and see what happens.

He’s out of form but still can be a valuable weapon to us against teams who press high. Double figures in goal contributions for the boy and who expected that when he came in from Swansea. Some of the overreactions are a disgrace.

Also people comparing him to Greenwood above in the thread - that’s unfair. Mason is pretty much a special outlier in terms of elite level youth talent.

jamesjimmybyrondean

He looked more comfortable on the left. He's obviously a squad player but I won't judge whether he even has squad player quality until I've seen him more on the left.

Mainoldo

Squad player they said. No thanks.. get Grealish and send this guy out on loan.

Gerald G

Welsh Lucas Vázquez. I still think he can be a useful squad player but needs to improve. He started off really well but tailed off. We will see what he's like over the remainder of the season

pascell

It was a performance of someone out of form and not match sharp yet. He'll come into form soon enough, just look at Fred for instance, many wrote him off and he's now a solid squad player.

He was relied on far too much than he should've been at the beginning of the season, he'll come good again.

MDFC Manager

Looking to shoot when it's not his forte, signs of a guy who's under pressure and it's showing. Let's see how he copes.

arthurka

Not arguing his poor spell but he is young and has played way too much this season. Just give him some time he will be a weapon to call upon when we are playing deep and need to release pressure.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Some people here are way to harsh. He made a very good start and has played too often for someone from his level brought into the squad and also not on the side he is supposed to play.

I will happily keep him as an option for 3 years and see how he develops. If he becomes a rotational player or a high impact sub that's a very decent option to have. You don't get the feeling he will get too impatient himself either so let's give him a couple of seasons at least eh? I would rather him than someone who wants to move elsewhere for a start.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I haven't read the comments above but I assume everyone is being overly critical of him as he seems to be the new target for certain fans.

Anyway,I thought he looked good when he came on. I think the left wing is still his favourable position where he can cut in and trouble the opposition.

I dont expect major things from James but what I do expect is for him to continue to steadily progress and,longterm, will hopefully be a very good back-up to a successful Manchester United side

Status
Not open for further replies.