5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

archiebald

I really liked him when we first signed him. Not sure what happened. I felt it was a confidence thing. Yesterday was the Dan James when he first arrived at united.
He's never been a PL-level footballer even from day 1 but every dog has its day. He's still a pace merchant whose decision making is close to the worst of any player I've seen in our team over the last decade.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Where the feck has Dan James gone? Got a couple of good games in for Wales, scored coming on in the UCL against the Turkish lot and hasn't been seen since

This is what I really don't like about Ole, how can a player (regardless of what you think about him) go from playing week in week out to the point of exhaustion last season to not even making the bench less than 12 months later?

Based Adnan

Good game for him to start I reckon, should be lots of space for him to exploit

Idxomer

He hasn't exploited the space in over a year, hope it would be different today but doubt it.

Kag

I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that today’s match could very well define his immediate future here. If he’s awful, or anonymous, and is hooked for Greenwood after sixty minutes then he’s about as done here as it comes, I reckon.

No pressure.

HowYouDoin

Heh Diallo cant arrive soon enough. For people asking if Diallo can start...we are starting Dan freaking James in a PL match haha.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that today’s match could very well define his immediate future here. If he’s awful, or anonymous, and is hooked for Greenwood after sixty minutes then he’s about as done here as it comes, I reckon.

No pressure.
He'll 100% be hooked for Greenwood when we're loosing

TheReligion

Abusive
Moaning cnuts.

Good game for him to play. Point to prove as Leeds clearly want him and his move fell through at the eleventh hour before he joined us.

Think he'll do okay today.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s being played because ole wants him to track their wingers & fullbacks because he is an extremely pragmatic tactically cowardly manager.

Walters_19_MuFc

Solskjaer explains James selection
Solskjaer told MUTV before kick-off about the thinking behind his selections today, notably Dan James.

"Sometimes it's players who suit certain opponents, but also we also have a lot of games, so we have to rotate.
"[James] has worked really hard, we know his qualities and that his qualities will be very valuable in this game. I hope and think it's going to work out well."

Falcow

Moaning cnuts.

Good game for him to play. Point to prove as Leeds clearly want him and his move fell through at the eleventh hour before he joined us.

Well said. Bunch of moaning kunts is right. Give the lad a chance, he is as good as most of that Leeds team.

Think he will do ok too.

cyberman

His pace to get behind Leeds players who bomb forward could set us up nicely today

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Moaning cnuts.

Yep, agreed. Wish him well.

Walters_19_MuFc

Be interesting to see whether he starts on the left or right. Probably see him and Rashy rotating as the both are better on the left.

Castia

I hope he can prove me wrong today but he’s fecking crap isn’t he. The one asset he’s got is pace and he doesn’t even know how to use that.

Santos J

Questioned why he was starting before the game but shut me right up. Thought he did what he was brought in to do really well, goal too and the dive was more a foul on him ffs.

Raven

I thought he was good. Very effective running into space but his decision making was poor.

RuudtheRed

He played alright today. His limitations on the ball are there for everyone to see, but he did well with the left footed finish and giving us more pace on the counter. As a squad player, he's fine. He's still very young so he has room for growth and improvement

Kag

And he played well and proved me wrong. Fair play to him. That’s what good squad players should do when they come into the team.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
A performance I'd expect, with a goal thrown in. Happy he got his goal, but he's out of his depth a bit.

marktan

It was a good call from Ole, James isn't great against most teams but Leeds have played the same way all season - attacking with as many players as they can. Having a player that can basically run the full length of the pitch over and over again I thought would catch them out and it did.

Long-term though not sure James has much of a future for United aside from being a sub unless he improves, 99% of teams won't play against us the way Leeds will.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Superb goal, undeserved yellow, constantly making runs, it was more than I could expect.

SoCross

State of the pre-match comments :lol:

James place is on the bench and we can definitely upgrade on him but kid played his heart out. Took his goal so well too, chuffed for him.

el3mel

Finally did something with his pace in the goal. Great finish from it. He needs to work more on utilizing his pace in open spaces because that's his best quality (maybe the only one).

Bwuk

A goal and should of had a pen. Well done!

Just needs to play with more confidence, sometimes when he’s running with the ball he starts to hesitate and slow down. If he just keeps running no-one can catch him.

Status
Not open for further replies.