Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Does Leeds not fancy a cheeky bid this summer?

The guy works very hard, clearly has great pace and has had great moments in 2021, but when gets hard hes the last person we need on the ball when going forward. Havent been convinced since his signing but with lack of options we are left with relying on him more to start than we should

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Main contribution tonight was missing an open goal. He's a trier and a likeable kid but is that enough if we're going to win trophies? Tonight suggests not.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Blew his chance today. He better hurry up showing some goods on the pitch, especially with Amad slowly knocking on first 11's door.

The Viper

What was his pass completed stats for this game like? I highly doubt he has even completed more than 6-7 passes. It's painful to watch him play. Didn't add anything and missed an open goal which would have been a great advantage to win the tie.

A-man

He has done well lately with his enormous work capacity and press play. But when we need something extra, he’s not our man.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Average player living his dream. Even in those games he sort of hit form, it's absolutely minimum to expect from him, problem is he's simply not good enough player for us and I understand the gamble we took but he quite clearly should be shipped on in few years and replaced by better players, if he played for Brighton, he still wouldn't look better than Robbie Brady. Noone can have a squad full of superstars but we should be doing better with the next recruitment.

El-Manos

I don’t rate him unfortunately. We definitely need to invest in a RW this summer. Without question.

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
The miss can happen to anyone, but outside running a lot and tracking back he offers nothing. His only attacking quality is pace. Too average for a team like us.

kundalini

What was his pass completed stats for this game like? I highly doubt he has even completed more than 6-7 passes. It's painful to watch him play. Didn't add anything and missed an open goal which would have been a great advantage to win the tie.
Dan James completed 19 out of 30 passes according to WhoScored. 63% pass completion. 2 dribbles. Dispossessed once. 2 shots. 1 successful tackle.

Poor first half and awful miss in the 2nd half.

Devil may care

Put one decent cross in but this wasn't the type of game that suits him, he lacks the guile when the defence is packed.

Bwuk

We’d of been better playing him upfront with Greenwood and knocking it in behind.

He starts too deep out on the left. He needs to get himself higher up the park.

Vaibhav Raj

For the first thirty of so minutes, he barely got a pass right. It is time I stopped expecting regular decent games from a player, who like many other in this team, are only capable of stringing one of two performances together at best.

Born2Lose

Least of our problems, if our best paid forwards were doing their job he wouldn't be starting games.

Bad miss perhaps, but I can't recall the last time I saw Martial even get in a position to miss.

I suspect his detractors are the same geniuses who thought that gettting rid of Fellaini would solve all our problems.

Varun1

We've got our Lingard replacement.

Last edited:

Ekeke

Its strange for a fast player to have such little confidence and ability to dribble at a defender and use that pace and instead be far more comfortable turning back towards his own goal and looking for a pass to a teammate. But thats where James is at the moment. He wants to pass to someone in a good position rather than drive into space and make things happen

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He does a job to compliment the better players we expect the goals from. When he is one of the better players we have on the pitch we have problems.

United in sin

Least of our problems, if our best paid forwards were doing their job he wouldn't be starting games.

Bad miss perhaps, but I can't recall the last time I saw Martial even get in a position to miss.

I suspect his detractors are the same geniuses who thought that gettting rid of Fellaini would solve all our problems.
It's actually a big problem when we need quality in tight games and we have James not getting us through due to his limitations. This has become the difference between united and rivals like Chelsea, Liverpool and City who have much better options. James wouldn't get a sniff in those sides. I doubt Rodgers or Arteta would even have time for him either. We can and should do better in my opinion.

LoneStar

He offers nothing other than pace. I remember him blitzing past opponents in his highlights and initially when he joined the club, but these days he is struggling to do that. Somehow he played worse in LW than RW.

Should let him go if we get a decent offer. If we sign another striker/RW, and considering Amad, don't think we'd need him. Such a shame, he looked a proper player in those first few matches for us, cutting inside and curling shots.

Sylar

No left foot and kinda thrashed at the chance. If he had more composure he could have (maybe) even taken a touch

Godfather

Its strange for a fast player to have such little confidence and ability to dribble at a defender and use that pace and instead be far more comfortable turning back towards his own goal and looking for a pass to a teammate. But thats where James is at the moment. He wants to pass to someone in a good position rather than drive into space and make things happen
Is it? With that logic Usain Bolt should be confident beating any PL defender out there. There's more to it than simply pace and that's what James lacks the most: Proper technique.

Drizzle

Is it? With that logic Usain Bolt should be confident beating any PL defender out there. There's more to it than simply pace and that's what James lacks the most: Proper technique.
Exactly. He runs, and thinks, in straight lines. No subtlety or finesse in his play. That said he has shown signs that he has expanded his repertoire a little, and his positional sense seems good. Has all the hallmarks of the kind of player that coaches like (because he follows their orders and tries hard) but supporters despair of (because he's not very good).

Alfie092

Will always been a decent squad player at best who plays in the cup games and comes off the bench later in games for added pace.

Ekeke

There's players with worse technique than James who beat players more regularly with kick and run tactics

Born2Lose

It's actually a big problem when we need quality in tight games and we have James not getting us through due to his limitations. This has become the difference between united and rivals like Chelsea, Liverpool and City who have much better options. James wouldn't get a sniff in those sides. I doubt Rodgers or Arteta would even have time for him either. We can and should do better in my opinion.
Apart from your bias there is little to confirm what any other club would think of him. As unfashionable as he is to some he's scored 3 league goals in 640 minutes vs Martial's 4 in 1488 (whoscored). Goals win games, reputations don't.

That he plays so many games in spite of being such a limited player speaks volumes about the real problem at United which is paying underperforming players huge wages.

If you want to talk about players that no other team would take then let's talk about Juan Mata. Available on a free and nobody wanted him, end result we gave him two more years he didn't deserve. If James was available on a free I suspect there would plenty of interest.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bang average. Gets far too much credit for putting on just about acceptable displays.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There's players with worse technique than James who beat players more regularly with kick and run tactics
I don't think his acceleration is that special. Plus he's built like an insect.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He does a job to compliment the better players we expect the goals from. When he is one of the better players we have on the pitch we have problems.
But he doesn’t really “do a job” for a club that’s second in the table and striving for more. His quality screams low table PL winger. Could run fast on the break all day for a team like Norwhich that’s trying to scrap a goal, but for a side like ours that looks to impose our will, he’s laughably out of place.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
But he doesn’t really “do a job” for a club that’s second in the table and striving for more. His quality screams low table PL winger. Could run fast on the break all day for a team like Norwhich that’s trying to scrap a goal, but for a side like ours that looks to impose our will, he’s laughably out of place.
That's my point though, at best he should be there to do a job similar to the way Park used to. We were never relying on Park to be one of our big threats, he was doing the dirty work for Rooney and Ronaldo to thrive.

MU655

Thankfully, he got over his blip of scoring goals. We need more players that have no impact on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.