Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No point to sell him for 20m. 20m is equivalent to 4th choice winger value. We still need him as 4th choice winger/wide forward even if we sign a new winger. Sell him if we can get 30m or more, 30m should be enough to get us new one.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
No point to sell him for 20m. 20m is equivalent to 4th choice winger value. We still need him as 4th choice winger/wide forward even if we sign a new winger. Sell him if we can get 30m or more, 30m should be enough to get us new one.
I personally think if we dont sell him we will make a loss as his price wont rise further but only continue to decrease.

I agree that we need more wingers if we decided to let him go; but if we get one this transfer window - I dont see what difference Lingard or Mata on the wings would be to James even though the previous might be looked down upon by some fans.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I personally think if we dont sell him we will make a loss as his price wont rise further but only continue to decrease.

I agree that we need more wingers if we decided to let him go; but if we get one this transfer window - I dont see what difference Lingard or Mata on the wings would be to James even though the previous might be looked down upon by some fans.
As long as he is still 25 or less, a british homegrown always have value. We sold Welbeck for almost 20m 6 years ago, Solanke cost 20m. This guy should be cost the same amount as Iwobi 28m with adds on reaches to 30m plus in his current age.

The difference between James & Lingard/Mata is that James is still considered in his early age means he can still learn and make improvement. I rate James above Lingard at the current level in term of who’s more useful. James is usually very good and an important player in Wales national team and I don’t see Lingard makes the same impact in James’s place. What I notice from James recently he becomes more coward trying to beat his men as he prefers to pass it back, while in Wales team he doesn’t seem to be afraid trying to beat his men.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
You give him to Liverpool, he'd be like Overmars Mk II.
Guaranteed.

Thiagoal

James, at this stage of his development, should be used as an impact sub against teams that will leave space in behind. The fact he’s started so many games against teams that sit deep is poor management.

Bwuk

If he doesn’t play against Brighton tonight I’d imagine he probably will be off.

Idxomer

Aside from the fact he isn't very good, his confidence seems absolutely shot.

Need to sell or loan him quickly.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sell him to Leeds whilst we can still break even or maybe make profit.

The White Pele

Can’t remember him really touching the ball in the first half. The worst thing is that he’s trying to keep it simple and still seems to be giving it away every time he gets it or not getting his shot away. Badly needs a good performance and a goal for his confidence.

lex talionis

Sad to watch now after such a bright start. If it’s not too late to loan him out for half a season we should do so. There’s nothing there at the moment.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It’s not just him struggling with the lack of space to work but the problem is every time he eventually gets that space he tries to score that goal he did once.

IAmAWinner

He will never be good enough. We made a mistake here and he needs to be sold.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I feel sorry for him. He's a worker and isn't entirely without quality but he's not good enough and plays like he knows it. His confidence is just completely shot.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Needs to be playing in a pure counter attacking team. I don't see how he's effective otherwise.

He's got immense top speed, but his acceleration doesn't look all that, so he's not really much use when we've got the ball on the edge of the final third.

dove

At least he has Manchester United on his CV. Only way is down for him.

-Supreme-

I'd rather have Lingard on the wings, we seriously need to sell James this window whilst we still have clubs willing to offer us reasonable money.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's suddenly looking very averagely paced?

People talked like he was the fastest player at the club, not a chance. I don't know why, maybe he's struggling with the pressure but he just brings nothing positive apart from an above average work rate.

NinjaFletch

As loathe as I am to help Leeds in any way, shape, or form a year with Bielsa would probably do him wonders.

Actually, the way he's been playing it probably doesn't help them much either.

Lewnited

Honestly, I've given up all hope. He doesn't have anywhere near the intelligence, nor the ability to even be a utility player. We can't carry a player who sees the picture 2/3 seconds after his teammates.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Playing Dalot on the wings is a better option. At least Dalot makes some movement and gets touches in the opposition box. This guy on the other hand! Clearly should not be playing for anyone in the top 6 or hell the top half of the table.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Better hope we sign a winger before the windows closes because James is dog shit.

Is Sarr better than James?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Sadly, every time I see James he looks like a player who is struggling with the spotlight Man Utd brings. He just looks scared. Doesn't really try anything adventurous. Happiest going backwards or sideways. Its starting to look like its just too much for him.

RikRuud

Needs consistent game time at another PL club. I can't see him being useful unless we are up against a team that plays a very high line.

Shark

@NotShark
He's just not cut out for this level, too big a jump. Needs to go on loan to learn a few more of the basics of playing football.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Sadly, every time I see James he looks like a player who is struggling with the spotlight Man Utd brings. He just looks scared. Doesn't really try anything adventurous. Happiest going backwards or sideways. Its starting to look like its just too much for him.
Agree with this confidence gone, he’s so quick and I thought on the left he would be a nightmare as it’s his fav position.

Run at defenders mate, take them inside and interlink or feign inside and use your immense pace to make the right backs night hell on Earth, he can do it he needs to believe in himself.

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
At this point I doubt that any team in the league would be interested in him.

dove

Agree with this confidence gone, he’s so quick and I thought on the left he would be a nightmare as it’s his fav position.

Run at defenders mate, take them inside and interlink or feign inside and use your immense pace to make the right backs night hell on Earth, he can do it he needs to believe in himself.
He really can't do it, he can't do anything with the ball at his feet.

Bwuk

Confidence is gone.

A loan or transfer to Leeds would be best for all parties.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hate to say it, but he's a goner at this rate. His decision making is horrible. Not sure if it's the pressure, but he really needs to go out on loan and rediscover himself

Status
Not open for further replies.