Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Our least skillful winger with the ball at his feet but probably the smartest winger we have when he doesn't have the ball at his feet. He makes good runs that often go unnoticed and always puts in a shift. I'd like to see him make better decisions when he does have the ball but he is a very valuable player in our squad...

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Our least skillful winger with the ball at his feet but probably the smartest winger we have when he doesn't have the ball at his feet. He makes good runs that often go unnoticed and always puts in a shift. I'd like to see him make better decisions when he does have the ball but he is a very valuable player in our squad...
I feel that's doing him an injustice today. His decision making today was on a par with anyone you want to pick. He's really contributing at the moment.

Sylar

The one bad decision I think he made was taking a shot when martial made a great run, instead of feeding it to the back post (but we did win a corner from it)

youngrell

He made a great run through the middle very late on, it was a shame Bruno (of all people) didn’t see it. Could have capped off a strong performance.

MAME DIOUF 32

I think he just did what was asked of him and he was a problem for City throughout. Huge work rate and can't argue with his performance at all.

rooney2009

Great squad player
Love his enthusiasm
We should keep him as pace is key for this team especially in big games

A-man

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player make so many max runs. This guy has got his limitations but no one can say he is not giving it all.

JMack1234

He tries his heart out every single game and I respect that.

I'm not convinced he's actually that could anything apart from running but he's proved himself a decent squad player.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Thought he was terrific today, great energy in attack and defence, his one touch play was pretty good and he got himself in a few good positions. One or two poor decisions as well but fewer than Rashford and all in all another solid performance to build on. Keep it up Dan and keep putting yourself in good positions in front of goal.

Hes not the best player in our squad but hes found his niche. Never stops running, and running fast, and deservedly in our starting 11 at the moment.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I feel that's doing him an injustice today. His decision making today was on a par with anyone you want to pick. He's really contributing at the moment.
Not sure where I said anything against his game today? I thought he was good. If anything, my post was to diminish the people who say "he lacks football intelligence". I think that's a crock. In fact, I think he has more football intelligence than any of our other wingers. What he doesn't have is the individual skill that our other wingers have. But 95% of the game is played without the ball at your feet and often it's what you do when you don't have the ball that can make the big difference between winning and losing...

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Played the exact same game as he did against City this day last year. Top class display. He’s still improving and I think he’s a success story for the coaching team.

space

Think he was good, and definitely improved his decision making. I think there was one instance where he shot instead of cutting back but other than that very good.

CasaStreets

He seems to make better choices compared to his first season and he's not running into blind alleys. Keep this up please Dan.
This, seemed to dribble with more purpose and kept his head up for an outlet. I'd say he was our second most effective player at moving the ball forward, after Shaw. And of course put in a shift covering as you'd expect.

My normal complaint with James is his pass completion is low and if he's not in full flight then he easily gives up possession under a little pressure. Different James today.

city-puma

I was slammed here when I said he has potential last time. I still think so, even though I know I am inviting some posters slamming me again.
Today, I saw he started to use his speed more wisely with small turn and change of speed. His off ball effort is one of the main reasons mancity couldn’t get anything from that side. When Rashford was forced off, he switched the side and we looked vulnerable until we switched to 5-3-2 / 3-5-2.

Banana Republic

...........When Rashford was forced off, he switched the side and we looked vulnerable until we switched to 5-3-2 / 3-5-2.
This.
When Greenwood took over the right wing, City started to dominate down that side of the pitch, which they couldn't do previous to that.
James put in a real shift on the right and limited Zinchenko's ability to get forward, leaving AWB to concentrate on keeping Sterling under wraps for most of the game.
I think we've seen enough evidence over quite a few games, to suggest James can often do a better all round job on the right than Greenwood, even if Greenwood provides a much better threat in the last quarter and penalty area.

city-puma

This.
When Greenwood took over the right wing, City started to dominate down that side of the pitch, which they couldn't do previous to that.
James put in a real shift on the right and limited Zinchenko's ability to get forward, leaving AWB to concentrate on keeping Sterling under wraps for most of the game.
I think we've seen enough evidence over quite a few games, to suggest James can often do a better all round job on the right than Greenwood, even if Greenwood provides a much better threat in the last quarter and penalty area.
Very true.
Over last few games, quite often Ole deployed Greenwood in center or moved him to the center in certain situations. I feel Greenwood has the potential to occupy the center position for us in the future. Hope he can develop his physical side properly.

Red Royal

Very true.
Over last few games, quite often Ole deployed Greenwood in center or moved him to the center in certain situations. I feel Greenwood has the potential to occupy the center position for us in the future. Hope he can develop his physical side properly.
With Rashford and Cavani carrying knocks, we may have to see Martial left, Greenwood middle and James right. Might stumble on an unexpected gelling front 3 hopefully.

Raven

I thought he looked great, fantastic in helping out the defence and also very effective going forward. He's started coming in field with the ball and charging through midfield which is causing all sorts of problems for defences, which I'm loving, if he can improve his passing and decision making, he'll be very good

GioF

Always said I don’t think he’s United quality. So when he’s been poor Iv felt the need to express that. So at the same times Iv got to say I thought he was really good yesterday. Worked hard and had quality when on the ball. His passing yesterday either into Bruno or around the corner to Martial was very neat and tidy.

Obviously his defensive work and overall energy is always very good but in games like yesterday there is a place for him in this squad.

youngrell

Still needs to fine tune his composure in the final third to become more effective as a forward for us, he plays the ball simply and well across the rest of the pitch but gets a bit giddy up top.

There's no denying our pressing goes up a level when he's on the pitch, though, and opponents shite themselves when he gets going.

He basically offers what Lingard was offering at about 1.5 x the speed and 2 x the intensity.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Shows a ton of heart and obviously trains his ass off to be able to run and compete the way he does. Not a guaranteed starter, but great foundational piece to have, you need guys like this in order to win a title.

city-puma

I hope he can add to his game shot from outside the box. I have feeling he is able to do it.

SuperiorXI

He has done well past few games but I feel we need a serious upgrade to our bench and starting 11, can't see where he fits in. That's if we want to get to the squad levels of City.

romufc

I feel he is very useful in these sort of games because the opposition managers would usually concentrate on Bruno, Martial, Rashford etc and less attention on James.

He works hard but also does make good runs and his dribbles seem to have improved.

He also has the odd goal in him.

DoomSlayer

He has done well past few games but I feel we need a serious upgrade to our bench and starting 11, can't see where he fits in. That's if we want to get to the squad levels of City.
True. That's why we can't rest the likes of Bruno and Rashford, resting them means a big drop-off in terms of quality on the pitch.

Have to say though, James has vastly improved his close control and dribbling, I actually think he is one of the better players in our squad when it comes to these areas.

SATA

I still think he has another level to achieve and i hope he does it at United. He's quite a late bloomer and introductory to football, isn't he?

Swiss_Red89

Very happy with him since his "comeback" vs Sociedad in Turin. He has developed a bit more variation in his game compared to last season, where he mainly was kick and run.

The goals he scored also lifted his confidence a lot, which he needed as he seemed really low on it. I hope he can continue his good run as we can do with this version of Daniel James to rotate our other attackers more than we have so far.

RUCK4444

Just an indictment on our recruitment. Not his fault he's overpromoted.
Yeah he missed a sitter but that’s unfair.

He’s proven in his recent form he’s a decent rotation option and can do a job tracking back when the opposition demands that of us.

There are a tonne of players to hammer before him imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.