Daniel James - Manchester United player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

He's very fast, that's about it but best of luck to the lad, hopefully he's an extra and not one of Ole's 5 though.

Rinnegan240

Puts in a shift, works his socks off and can cross a ball well from the right wing.

Do not want :drool:

Reactions: Penna

Robertd0803

Woohoo the big yellow notification box is on the main page. Hopefully will be seeing it a lot more often and very soon again.

OohAahMartial

Buying this kind of player when VAR comes into action this season is a very clever idea, we will get so many penalties and oppo players sent off. Looking forward to watching him terrorize full backs.

United Hobbit

I probably sound really stupid but what does "in principle" mean? Does it mean everything has been agreed and we just need to wait for the transfer window opens to properly register him?

Admittedly I haven't seen him in action that much but from what I've heard he sounds a useful signing

Fully Fledged

I probably sound really stupid but what does "in principle" mean? Does it mean everything has been agreed and we just need to wait for the transfer window opens to properly register him?

Admittedly I haven't seen him in action that much but from what I've heard he sounds a useful signing
That's exactly what it means. So you didn't sound silly after all.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Looking forward to him being launched on the counter by Pogba.

World Game

He can play either wing.
So can the likes of Martial and Rashford but they turn into half the player when they do. You put these type of players on the left so their stronger foot is closer towards the goal and the rest of the game. When dribbling they can cut to either side. Put them on the right and suddenly their only option is to copy peak one dimensional Valencia and beat their man for pace on the outside. Traditional wingers can still be as effective on the opposite flank. Inverted wingers become worse when they switch. It's why you don't see Ronaldo playing on the right nor Messi on the left nor Neymar on the right.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
No no of course you wouldnt!
Seriously mate, can you be 100% sure that Ole doesn't see James as an important element of his team? Ok James lack experience but at 21 he's not some kid for the academy either. We're talking here about a player who had already played and scored with the national team

If James is the only winger we buy then I won't be surprised if he ends up a first teamer by the end of next season.

FirstTouch

What are people's theories on how he could play on the right?

If he can do on the right what he seems to be able to do on the left then Martial might not be facing such a block all the time.

We have our criticisms of Martial and rightly so viz a viz running off the ball, workrate etc but we haven't had a threat on the right during his entire time at the club.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We'll be in trouble then as there are 5 players (Young, Smalling, Matic, Lingard, McTominay) that can't be starting next season if we are to get top 4.
In my opinion 5 players will be the minimum amount of signings we'll going to make. I can't help to think that if we get rid of players (especially the high earners aka Sanchez, Lukaku and DDG) then there will be more. Assuming we sell no one and we add Wan Bissaka, Koulibaly/De Ligt, James, Maddison/Bruno Fernandes and someone like Ndidi then we might scrap our way to 4th place.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
woop de bloody doo. excuse me if I'm not too thrilled that we've managed to sign a player from a mid-Championship team

Status
Not open for further replies.