Daniel James - Manchester United player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashoutcassius

It doesnt need to be great. Our RW at the moment is under average, so if hes decent he'd be an upgrade
There is a tendency to put any new signings as a'first 11' player whatever that means. I think vs a team that is parking the bus in OT with a low block it is pretty naive to think james will be an immediate starter over Mata at the right sided attacking midfield spot. Most games we will have zero space to attack.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I’m aware. However, didn’t reports surface only yesterday, concluding he’d be announced next week?

Should go to show that even if the press know a little, they’re rarely fully informed. Seems where we’re concerned they rarely (ever?) get it 100% correct.
Yeah agree with that. That's why it's better to take everything with pinch of salt.

Ekeke

There is a tendency to put any new signings as a'first 11' player whatever that means. I think vs a team that is parking the bus in OT with a low block it is pretty naive to think james will be an immediate starter over Mata at the right sided attacking midfield spot. Most games we will have zero space to attack.
Why do we have 0 space? Because Mata and Lingard are playing centrally. The entire right side is open, but our RW doesnt use it. So our fullback has to try and produce something. Valencia and Young are bad at it, Dalot has some potential but he's not going to produce like a winger.

So right away we have more space just by playing a Right Winger as a Right Winger. We havent done that since Moyes came in and signed Mata. Neither have we been very successful

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Does you think this mean we don't have faith in Chong or just that he's too young still and needs a few more years?
That's reading too much into it. A potentially good player with some interesting attributes was available at a good price. That's it basically.

jackal&hyde

Very exited for this. Not going to pretend to have watched him, but just judging from highlights he is extremely fast and seems to have very good work rate. He is going to rip some team apart on the counter.

adam118

Left footed Welsh winger! I'm shocked at the lack of lazy comparisons to Bale and Giggs

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Can't remember the last time we've signed someone for this kind of money. Hopefully he'll prove himself to be a bargain.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
This is the kind of business we actuallyy need, make risks on the transfer market before they go to clubs that will ask fortunes.

Let's see if he will like to get fixed to the right, because If I recall correctly he's mostly a left winger, right?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Nice picture that goes with the announcement, mods.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Blind fee was closer.:D
I know Blind isn't superman but that was some bargain. How did we have the manager presumably best-placed in the world to utilise him and yet we still managed to utilise him incorrectly :lol:

Anyway, I'm excited to see what James can do. I pray his directness doesn't magically disappear when he starts playing for us. That'd be classic us.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Dalot last year.
Thanks for reminding me that I have a memory of a goldfish! Well, I'll forget that soon enough.

Weird that I haven't thought of him though.

Fully Fledged

Running into a crowded box with pace and skill can put the fear of god in an average defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.