Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolf

I'm all for this signing but I can't really see what our plan with him is?
38 games, 5 goals, 10 assists.
26 games from the left, 6 from the right.

Is he going to be backup to Martial or are we putting a left winger on the right?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

Is he going to be backup to Martial or are we putting a left winger on the right?
:lol: feck knows. I reckon for now he'll just be a reserve/occasionally squad player.

Judas

Open to offers

Martial is far from an automatic starter though, he needs to earn the starting spot.

sokol11

Sign James. Sell Martial.

Nick7

It would give us another option after Martial to play an actual winger. We don't really have any wingers at the moment. Martial plays there but he's not really a winger. Mata and Lingard are central players too. Less said about Sanchez the better.

Same goes for posters like you and the caf mate but we're all going through a hard time, such is life.
:lol:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Should loan him straight back out really, he can't be close to being ready to play for us all considering.
Why's that? Can't be much worse than Lingard or Mata at RW, and he might even try moving occasionally unlike Martial.

Heardy

Should loan him straight back out really, he can't be close to being ready to play for us all considering.
Why not? Because of his old man? Why would staying at Swansea for 12 months help that?
Or do you not think he's ready? Throw him in and let him show he's what he's got.

He's rapid and hopefully fully in line with how Ole sees us playing. We need players for Ole's plan if we've got any hope of progressing.

Camilo

Agree. I like the idea of the signing, but he's not actually all that good is he? Still, all teams need depth and alternative abilities. He'll probably get a few starts next season.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Same goes for posters like you and the caf mate but we're all going through a hard time, such is life.
I was a supporter long before Ole joined the club. Id be here long after he leaves (6 months?)

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Forget the goals and the assists that he did or didn't make for a midtable championship outfit.

This dude I'm hoping will cause chaos with his pace and dribbling and open up space for our attackers at the very least. He seems to be play with a real intensity and will be a very good player without the ball too.

Believe me, opposing fullbacks will be scared to venture too far forward with him on the pitch.

romufc

I do not think we should be signing a 21 year old to loan back, he is either ready to start or not sign him.

United are not in the space we can buy players to loan when there is a clear lack of players in that position.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Forget the goals and the assists that he did or didn't make for a midtable championship outfit.

This dude I'm hoping will cause chaos with his pace and dribbling and open up space for our attackers at the very least. He seems to be play with a real intensity and will be a very good player without the ball too.

Believe me, opposing fullbacks will be scared to venture too far forward with him on the pitch.
This is the bit I like. For example if you play like TAA, this guy would be perfect to combat that threat.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Wouldn't read too much into those stats. Heck I bet Ronaldo's were poor for first few years.

The only question is 'has he got the potential to be a top player'? Let's hope so.

He's not going to win us a league title next year. He might in 3 or 4 though with similar signings joining. This is about a future. For now we have to accept we aren't winning the league for a while.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?

Well it worked so well with Sanchez...

UpWithRivers

Maybe the team told Ole they cant be arsed to run and could they get a player that runs really really fast to make them look good.

Our first genuine winger in God knows how many years. What's not to like about this deal?

Smores

Why's that? Can't be much worse than Lingard or Mata at RW, and he might even try moving occasionally unlike Martial.
Well he can. Anyway I'm fairly hopeful this guy isn't being signed as a first choice and we've got Dalot and Chong already for the RW. I don't think he's going to be thrown in just because he's quick.

Send him on loan to a lower PL team and let him adjust with less pressure.

Shark

@NotShark
Our first genuine winger in God knows how many years. What's not to like about this deal?
He's a winger coming from the championship. We should be looking at wingers of the reputation of the likes of Mane, Sane and Salah when they moved to City/Liverpool. In my opinion anyway, not against signing young, promising players but we need to seriously strengthen.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
We're seeing how good Zaha is now after a few tough years in the PL initially, hopefully we give James more of a chance than we gave him.

Castia

Exciting to sign young talented players....

I do hope he's not our only attacking player we sign this summer though.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
and one that feels a lot more like a United signing than I've seen in a while.
Is he? I don't remember Sir Alex buying alot of players from the Championship. I don't mind us signing him up to be honest if used in the right context. I wrote my views about this signing and anyone bothering reading them up would find them to be pretty balanced. However as I said in that post I'm genuinely concerned about Ole's ability to attract the players we need at the club. If that is rated as wumming and as too negative for the people in here's taste then oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.