Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

I'm not sure what is exciting about this kid, he's super fast but I don't see much else in the videos posted, and we are in desperate need of some proven quality, we start unproven players up top every week and they are a shit show, and if we want to use more unproven players we have 3 of them from the academy that are waiting in the wings every week to get a chance.
Ceretainly has pace to burn....so does Theo Walcott though. DO like to see these types linked as something different. Never seen him myself and what are we meant to guage from the youtube video apart from he is quick, half the footage seems to just be close ups of him running with the ball fast

beingshe7don

One trick pony and not good enough. We can't afford to get this wrong again. We need immediate impact.

Redstar7

One trick pony and not good enough. We can't afford to get this wrong again. We need immediate impact.
Which player can guarantee immediate impact? Falcao? Sanchez? You will never know wether a player will make immediate impact or not. Not even messi.

Last edited by a moderator:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
See no downside to it. Young british talent at very good price.

PoTMS

He's a good player. I'm happy with this. £15m is nothing in this day and age.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I wonder how we view him? Loan back to Swansea or another club? A season in the under 23's? Straight into the first team squad?

Castia

Hmmm

So is this our new right sided attacker? because i'll be honest we need better. 4 goals this season for James at Championship level, we have no goals in our squad.

We have enough squad players, we need ready improvements to the first 11.

Mainoldo

So it begins :houllier:. Improve the first team we say. First signing. More squad players.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'm positive about this.

I remember when we were all laughing about Liverpool signing Southampton players...

...we aren't laughing now!

If our scouts believe in this lad lets give him a chance.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He's going to turn into our very own Bale :D:drool::cool:

People always clamoring to sign the next "superstar"....

(i don't actually know much about him at all to make the above assumptions, but cheap, young, hungry British talent - decent punt)

lysglimt

Scout
I'm positive about this.

I remember when we were all laughing about Liverpool signing Southampton players...

...we aren't laughing now!

If our scouts believe in this lad lets give him a chance.
Well - I was laughing about Ricky Lambert - not Virgil van Dijk :)

KM

Hmmm

So is this our new right sided attacker? because i'll be honest we need better. 4 goals this season for James at Championship level, we have no goals in our squad.

He has mostly played on the left side. He won't be first choice. He's versatile and quite young.

rampo

We signed enough players hoping for immediate impact, and have failed every time miserably. You need to have a solid foundation for players to come and make an immediate impact and if you haven't noticed, our foundations have crumbled in the last 7 years

P.S. Not relevant to this specific signing, but I prefer we much rather build for long term

Hmmm

Young English talent at a fantastic price, why are you trying to see a downside?

I very much doubt he’s been brought in as the answer to our right sided problems.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I wonder how we view him? Loan back to Swansea or another club? A season in the under 23's? Straight into the first team squad?
He won't be in our u23's. Either in the first team or loan.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We wanted Sancho but ended up with some winger from the championship. Either this is a masterstroke or we done went completely fecking mad.

OL29

Don't see how anyone can complain about this signing, young, cheap and talented. I don't think he'll be expected to make much of an immediate impact so I doubt he'll prevent us from making other signings in attack.

KM

We wanted Sancho but ended up with some winger from the championship. Either this is a masterstroke or we done went completely fecking mad.
or you are overreacting. it's mostly the option third.

Hulksmash

Smart signing. Stop with that proven bullshit. Sanchez and Lukaku were proven too.

One of the first smart signing since 8 years

Sylar

Hes basically our best winger by default.

But it would be nice to have people who want to play with us, with the potential to improve and get better

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Don't see how anyone can complain about this signing, young, cheap and talented. I don't think he'll be expected to make much of an immediate impact so I doubt he'll prevent us from making other signings in attack.
If City or Liverpool signed him those same people would be complaining and asking why we aren't in for him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Makes me think we are going to go big on another attacker. Dybala or Felix. The fact is we need more than one attacker.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
5 goals and 10 assist in his first season for their first team is pretty decent output for a 21-year old winger in the Championship. Especially the pace merchant. If he is scouted properly then 15m represent a good investment on a decent punt. The type of signing we've made fun of Liverpool and Spurs of for making, but those players now have contributed to them overtaking us. I see no reason to be displeased at the idea of this, as long as he is not the only signing. People will probably get their panties in an uproar either way.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Exactly mate, he's an option. It's a great signing to start with.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Makes me think we are going to go big on another attacker. Dybala or Felix. The fact is we need more than one attacker.
Especially because I reckon Lukaku is off

ArjenIsM3

It's obvious Sancho is going nowhere. How is taking a punt on a talented young English winger for 15m (cheap these days) "completely fecking mad"?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Why not wait and see what we do this summer instead of assuming things. For 15m I'd assume he's more of a project - certainly given what I've seen.

flappyjay

Whenever we miss these types like Ali, Robertson everyone complains and when we do take a gamble here comes more complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.