Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

According to someone on the Swansea forum he'll be loaned back to them next season.

Snafu17

So Sky are talking bollocks. I am shocked, no one could've seen this coming. It truly is a mystery why newspapers/sport journos get away with so much shit.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The biggest risk with this is that once again we're left without an established player in a position. Hopefully he's not this years Dalot and in 6months time people aren't telling me "What can Ole do his only options are Mata and James and he's not ready"
We have Rashford, Martial and Sanchez all on the left?! He's not a right winger, unlike some thought early on.

dove

Imagine front 3 of James - Rashford - Lingard. 1000 minutes without scoring a goal would be a normal occurrence :lol:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
How about we don’t spend it.

Offers what? Speed? If that’s the case just play Chong. Just reminds me of all the crap Fergie was buying at then of his reign like Nick Powell.
He's better than Chong by some distance.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
How about we don’t spend it.

Offers what? Speed? If that’s the case just play Chong. Just reminds me of all the crap Fergie was buying at then of his reign like Nick Powell.
Yeah exactly. We should only sign high profile expensive players with minimum 50 international caps.

beingshe7don

Which player can guarantee immediate impact? Falcao? Sanchez? You will never know wether a player will make immediate impact or not. Not even messi.
You can't say this with any certainty.
We signed enough players hoping for immediate impact, and have failed every time miserably. You need to have a solid foundation for players to come and make an immediate impact and if you haven't noticed, our foundations have crumbled in the last 7 years

P.S. Not relevant to this specific signing, but I prefer we much rather build for long term
So my concern is that we'll be spending 15m on a winger that hasn't really lit up the Championship. He relies heavily on pace by the knocking the ball forward and trying to beat his man which is very reminiscent of Valencia. However, this guy can use both feet. He looks more than a Full back than a winger to me. I think when he comes against the likes of Van Dijk and other top CBs, he'll be nullified pretty easily. Also in games where teams sit back and we need to break them down, I don't see him being effective either.

AgentP

What's up with Sky? A few years back, a deal announced by Sky was as good as done. Now, even they are totally unreliable. Journalist standards have dropped a lot.

ArjenIsM3

The biggest risk with this is that once again we're left without an established player in a position. Hopefully he's not this years Dalot and in 6months time people aren't telling me "What can Ole do his only options are Mata and James and he's not ready"
Except Mata is unlikely to be an option next season. His options will probably be Lingard/James/Chong/Greenwood. Maybe Dybala too if you can call him a winger.

mewnew11

For all the idiots who keep questioning his goal scoring record please remember that we have Jesse lingard whose goals scoring is the same . And people believe his movement is the second coming of Jesus

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They signed those two to go direct into the first team.
Maybe we should sign players that can go in our first team too. Maybe we will after tying up this one. Maybe we won't.

Let's look to last year and see how we followed up a youth signing :wenger:

Milo2035

A 15m player? I'm excited. Thought we could only buy expensive flops.

Last edited by a moderator:

dove

For all the idiots who keep questioning his goal scoring record please remember that we have Jesse lingard whose goals scoring is the same . And people believe his movement is the second coming of Jesus
We set the bar very very low if we look to sign players better than Jesse :lol: There are about 100 better players in Championship alone.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I heard about him just couple of days ago but I know that if we end up buying him for 15M, he is an overrated pace merchant and we will be overpaying. If anyone else buys, then he is next big thing and it will be deal of century for that club.

settembrini

This is the kind of signing I want to see us making. Young, talented, British and doesn't even cost much.

Also if he's a success then Leeds fans will be furious.

mewnew11

I heard about him just couple of days ago but I know that if we end up buying him for 15M, he is an overrated pace merchant and we will be overpaying. If anyone else buys, then he is next big thing and it will be deal of century for that club.
He at least has pace. Jesse lingard has beard which resembles my pubes

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
But crapper than Mane and Salah by an even greater distance. Go figure.
And younger.

I recall when Liverpool spent £36m on Mane that a large portion of this forum couldn't get over it and didn't think he was good enough, and were happier that we got Martial.

It's almost as if you can't tell at the age of 21 what a player's ceiling is, or something.

lysglimt

Scout
Mo Salah at 21 was a flop at Chelsea
Mane had just signed for Red Bull after a fairly average season at Metz

You cant really compare Dan James at 21 to Salah and Mane at 27-28

saivet

Don't know anything about this guy but cheap enough that there isn't much risk to us signing him.

beingshe7don

No one actually thinks highly of Lingard except for Sports Channel Pundits. And I don't think we should be getting a player just because Lingard has set the bar really low. For the RW, we should be going all out for Pepe. This is such a no brainer. If the Right footed winger is not someone who hugs the touchline, we should go with an inverted winger and depend on our new RB to provide the width.

lysglimt

Scout
Exactly, I remember how pissed off fans were that we missed out on Bale and Ramsey too.
I was annoyed at Bale - I was destroyed with Ramsey. I had just seen Ramsey in a Wales U18 game a few weeks before, and I have hardly seen any player dominate a game as much as he did. When i saw him in that game, I expected him to be a lot better than he turned out.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I bet the people in here moaning about us signing that guy are the same ones who fume over us not getting players like Robertson and Alli.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
And younger.

I recall when Liverpool spent £36m on Mane that a large portion of this forum couldn't get over it and didn't think he was good enough, and were happier that we got Martial.

It's almost as if you can't tell at the age of 21 what a player's ceiling is, or something.
I recall opposite. Mane was massively sought after and sections of the caf were still worried about us going for Mkhitaryan instead (it wasn't about Martial. Mane was a RW prospect from Southampton).

Anyway we hoped Mkhi would be better than Mane and he wasn't. A bit like the Depay vs Firminho thing in years before.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
And a lot younger and not coming here to be either of those. How old were those 2 when they became how good they are? 25? 26?

If you think a 15m kid from the championship is coming in to be our saviour then more fool you.

-Supreme-

I'm happy with this potential signing, however just because we have Lingard in our team it doesn't mean that we should all be happy with anyone that has a better scoring record than Lingard, moreover it's not exactly difficult to find such player:rolleyes:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I bet the people in here moaning about us signing that guy are the same ones who fume over us not getting players like Robertson and Alli.
The post "I'd rather have Brooks" sums it up nicely here.
He had three goals in the previous Championship season and was signed by Bournemouth for a similar price and yet most people would be happy to spend 40-45m(including me) just after one season.

Status
Not open for further replies.