Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

OL29

If City or Liverpool signed him those same people would be complaining and asking why we aren't in for him.
Excactly, we've missed out on a few shrewd signings recently so if this goes through I'm happy to see us take the gamble. It's a low risk signing.

-Supreme-

- British
- Good age
- His game is very direct and plenty of pace
- Comfortable with both feet
- £15m

Very exciting signing :drool:

Scotty McT

I'm positive about this.

I remember when we were all laughing about Liverpool signing Southampton players...

...we aren't laughing now!

If our scouts believe in this lad lets give him a chance.
Our scouts don't really have a good track record, in fairness.
If City or Liverpool signed him those same people would be complaining and asking why we aren't in for him.
Yes because City and Liverpool have good recent histories in terms of signings. There's a reason for it. United's scouts trying to unearth the hidden gems doesn't exactly inspire confidence given the amount of crap they've managed to fill the squad with.

Mainoldo

For £15 millions - its Worth a gamble. At least he offers something we don't have today...
How about we don’t spend it.

Offers what? Speed? If that’s the case just play Chong. Just reminds me of all the crap Fergie was buying at then of his reign like Nick Powell.

astracrazy

If we sign him then our right side looks very good for the future with him a Dalot imo.

redmanc

Don't see why everyones getting their arse out about this potential signing, i'm sick of us going out and wasting 50+ on some random european prospect that turns out to be shite, or even worse some even more expensive established player who turns out to be shite. The kid is British, got bags of pace and looks comfortable on the ball, and if he signs for man united, despite how shit we are this season its a big step up and hes going to be keen to impress, even if it is off the bench. For the rumoured price its a bargain.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
We wanted Sancho but ended up with some winger from the championship. Either this is a masterstroke or we done went completely fecking mad.
I reckon we might look to bring more than one player in. Crazy, I know.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
At least we know hes an unknown talent and he can be either really good or pretty shite. Unlike the Dalot hype where most people were convinced he's going to be great.

RyRoc

Watched him play live a few times. He's talented and has fantastic acceleration but has so much to learn - doesn't always use his pace in the best way he can and good experienced full-backs can read him. Personally think he will end up being more West Ham, Everton level but for that price I think he's worth a punt.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sort of like the time when Liverpool kicked off their revolution and signed Downing and Pennant.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
At that price, why the hell not?

Worst case he turns out to be a mid-level PL player and we make a profit on him anyway.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
So is he right or left footed, or is he arguably ambidextrous? Sites differ on this. Presume he's not another inside left.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
So he is one of the four projected signings? I hope not
Is four enough? It really depends on who stays and who goes but actually we probably need more since our squad don't really have depth. Maybe four is a number that's been thrown out but if it was 6/7/8? They wouldn't tell you. Because it's one thing saying what you need, it's another getting what you need and dealing with the expectation. So even if he comes in, it don't mean we're down to 3 players.

But you never know how a player will do. If he's got heart and fair technique? That's more then some have shown here this past season. We don't know. Our squad needs probably 5/6 maybe even more players - if we sell. Especially if we seel Lukaku for example.

OL29

Whenever we miss these types like Ali, Robertson everyone complains and when we do take a gamble here comes more complaints.
Exactly, I remember how pissed off fans were that we missed out on Bale and Ramsey too.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
So is he right or left footed, or is he arguably ambidextrous? Sites differ on this. Presume he's not another inside left.
Looks like he is naturally right footed (he dribbles primarily with his right) but is happy to stay wide and cross with his left.

Smores

The biggest risk with this is that once again we're left without an established player in a position. Hopefully he's not this years Dalot and in 6months time people aren't telling me "What can Ole do his only options are Mata and James and he's not ready"

Batigoal

oh yes! very happy with this possible signing in terms of what type of signings I would personally like to see: UK players, young, ambitious, hard working. I think this may fix the dressing room in the future in terms of ambition and workrate.

I personally hope we can add Wan-Bissaka, Declan Rice, Kieran Tierney and maybe James Maddison in the summer. The only oversees transfer I would do is Sancho and a top top Centreback if the opportunity arises.

Status
Not open for further replies.