Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
4 goals in 28 appearances at championship level

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He's lightning fast but I'm not sure what else he has in his game right now. Glad we're looking outside of the box though in regards to transfers.
Did you watch the videos? It wasn't just his pace. He can cross with both feet, looks intelligent, passes into space and looks to get the game moving. At present, when we get the ball out of defence, I can go and take a dump. Guaranteed when I come back we'll still be passing the ball around the back and midfield.

Not going ape over James but we should be looking at young talent like this, not the fecking Galacticos every other poster wants us to sign.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Wouldn’t be against this type of signing. Him and Ryan Fraser from Bournemouth could transform our wings with their speed and direct play.

devilish

Nice of you to put such a positive spin on it!:lol:
Here is another positive spin. He scored those goals in a league were Sessegnon (that average guy from Fulham) scored 16 goals in it.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
Did you watch the videos? It wasn't just his pace. He can cross with both feet, looks intelligent, passes into space and looks to get the game moving. At present, when we get the ball out of defence, I can go and take a dump. Guaranteed when I come back we'll still be passing the ball around the back and midfield.

Not going ape over James but we should be looking at young talent like this, not the fecking Galacticos every other poster wants us to sign.
Completely agree. I prefer this kind of signing as long as they have a higher ceiling than the current level they're playing at. I hate the Galactico approach, it doesn't work when you're buying the Lidl version of the Galactico's.

Didn't watch the videos, I saw him against City in the cup which is probably where he caught most people's eye.

Bwuk

Worth a punt at 10m

If it doesn’t work out we’d probably be able to make our money back anyway.

ash_86

I said this in the other thread, but his dribbling reminds me of Sane. The quick stop and starts and sudden acceleration to go past a player.

AgentP

Completely agree. I prefer this kind of signing as long as they have a higher ceiling than the current level they're playing at. I hate the Galactico approach, it doesn't work when you're buying the Lidl version of the Galactico's.

Didn't watch the videos, I saw him against City in the cup which is probably where he caught most people's eye.
I agree especially with this. The galactico strategy would have worked if we were able to buy the absolute best. We should stick to buying players on the up as this is what has worked for us in the past.

Inigo Montoya

Here is another positive spin. He scored those goals in a league were last season Sessegnon (that average guy from Fulham) scored 16 goals in it.
He's much more two footed than Sessegnon and quicker if you look at the footage. Sane( that average guy at City) put up similar numbers in the BL

PS: Sessegnon is and enigma though. No one really knows what his position is. Despite what people say about his age, he didn't look anything special in the PL and even his coaches didn't trust him enough.

bucky

Here is another positive spin. He scored those goals in a league were Sessegnon (that average guy from Fulham) scored 16 goals in it.
While Sessegnon was 3 years younger as well.

devilish

He's much more two footed than Sessegnon and quicker if you look at the footage. Sane( that average guy at City) put up similar numbers in the BL

PS: Sessegnon is and enigma though. No one really knows what his position is. Despite what people say about his age, he didn't look anything special in the PL and even his coaches didn't trust him enough.
Sane is playing in the EPL while James is playing in the Championship . You do acknowledge the difference in terms of quality right? If not, well, Sessegnon looked great in the latter and is shit in the former.

Inigo Montoya

Sane is playing in the EPL while James is playing in the Championship. You do acknowledge the difference in terms of quality right?
I'm saying at 20/21 they both put similar numbers.

Here's another point though. We bought Memphis, the Dutch player of the year who scored for fun in the ED but was out of his depth at Utd and the PL generally. There's always a risk but when Liverpool,Leicester,Wolves can snap up talented bargains, isn't it worth us having a look at players like this?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
If he's a potential Maddison level player, absolutely. Damn that little fecker is quick.

Inigo Montoya

another positive spin for @Inigo Montoya

But hey....he's got a good youtube video
Granted Youtube videos can be misleading but my main point still stands;we should look at up and coming talent in Britain.

With you Devilish it's just one negative thing after another. The Caf's answer to the Paranoid Android;)

devilish

I'm saying at 20/21 they both put similar numbers.

Here's another point though. We bought Memphis, the Dutch player of the year who scored for fun in the ED but was out of his depth at Utd and the PL generally. There's always a risk but when Liverpool,Leicester,Wolves can snap up talented bargains, isn't it worth us having a look at players like this?
Look mate I am not against signing the guy if the price is right. Actually Id rather watch a dancing bear playing on our flanks then Jesse Lingard or Juan Mata. Having said that, lets not get carried away. As they say in GOT regarding the championship. The league is crap and full of shit players.

Inigo Montoya

Look mate I am not against signing the guy if the price is right. Actually Id rather watch a dancing bear playing on our flanks then Jesse Lingard or Juan Mata. Having said that, lets not get carried away. As they say in GOT regarding the championship. The league is crap and full of shit players.
I don't remember that saying in GOT. Did Melisandre say that before she burned Stanis' daughter to death?

devilish

I don't remember that saying in GOT. Did Melisandre say that before she burned Stanis' daughter to death?
Nah she said it after Gaz suffered another meltdown ;)

Also I thought you were the guy who didn't want us signing Fraser (17 assists and 9 goals in a league that actually play football) because he was a speed merchant. If not I apologise.

Edit: It wasn't you. Sorry for that.

Inigo Montoya

Nah she said it after Gaz suffered another meltdown ;)

Also I thought you were the guy who didn't want us signing Fraser (17 assists and 9 goals in a league that actually play football) because he was a speed merchant. If not I apologise.
I don't recall posting about Fraser! I quite like him but prefer Maddison; far more intelligent

devilish

I don't recall posting about Fraser! I quite like him but prefer Maddison; far more intelligent
In fact I edited my post. It was someone else.

Honestly I don't mind if we add players like Zaha and Fraser. Actually I named them myself in a previous post in another thread. Having said that I think that the jump between the Championship and the EPL is too big. If we get the guy then maybe a year or two on loan wouldn't hurt him at all.

Suvvernmanc

If we sign him we're definitely going to call him Daniel Hames. Sign him up

pss

I've been watching Swansea play quite a lot this season and he has really been carrying their attack with his amazing pace and movement, both with and of the ball. Lost count of how many yellows and red he's caused for the opposing teams. Totally unplayable when he's at his best. Think its important for him to play regularly to keep improving and it might be a bit early for him to be in the starting 11 at united, but buying him and send him back to Swansea for a loan might be a good idea considering how quickly he's developing there.

Reactions: SilentWitness

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's a really talented player. I've watched him a few times and been impressed by him.
For ten million its a no brainer, even if he doesn't kick on it won't be like losing 50 million on Fred.
He's the kind of player who would sign for Bournemouth after Brooks leaves and end up being chased by the top 6 clubs for a big sum.

Suv666

Ive seen him only play twice, but looks very limited. Relies on his pace way too much. Anyone on here who watches Swansea regularly?
For 10 mil its a great deal though, no risk high reward.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
The Europa League effect is well and truly on its way :lol:. This might be a good thing to stabilize United and remove all the bad characters from the club. James seems like he could be a gem and I m sure that there will be little complaints about his work ethic if we land him.

Nick7

He looks good. If we're in for him, I would hope it's as a rotation option.

mu4c_20le

Sounds like an evra type of signing, ie out of nowhere. i miss those.

OleGunnar20

Think you guys are discussing the wrong things. The main point of contention is whether we pronounce his name James like a normal person, or Kha-Mes?
No no here is Wales I think you'll find its pronounced Jaaay-Ums.

Anything else would be highly offensive to both Dan and his heritage, thanks all for your understanding.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Hoof the ball

As long as it's a squad signing, that's fine. If we're going to make signings such as this then we have to accept that next season is about trying to play football in the right way. Taking a chance on young British talent will likely mean that we won't close the gap in the top six too much, but at least it'll be a step in the right direction in terms of Ole working out his system and style.

Art Vandelay

I've seen him play a few times and he's impressed me with his speed and workrate. I thought I wouldn't mind us taking a punt on him and now we are linked I'd love us to actually sign him. He's rapid and works his bollocks off. He'd be a good squad option and very good in games we are looking to press or counter. I've seen him be a right royal nuisance when the ball is passed back to the keeper and they don't realise how rapid he is. Really unsettles them.

I don't think he's going to be the answer to all our problems, but a very good option at the right price.

mav_9me

I've seen him play a few times and he's impressed me with his speed and workrate. I thought I wouldn't mind us taking a punt on him and now we are linked I'd love us to actually sign him. He's rapid and works his bollocks off. He'd be a good squad option and very good in games we are looking to press or counter. I've seen him be a right royal nuisance when the ball is passed back to the keeper and they don't realise how rapid he is. Really unsettles them.

I don't think he's going to be the answer to all our problems, but a very good option at the right price.
Thanks for the post. Agreed with your bolded. Except Messi there is no single answer anyway.

Based on what you've said he would be a good start/squad option instead of our current RW options. Even if we don't play him we can loan him back for now.

Varun

Staff
Are parts of the video mirrored to make him look good with his left foot?

Status
Not open for further replies.