Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Vandelay

Thanks for the post. Agreed with your bolded. Except Messi there is no single answer anyway.

Based on what you've said he would be a good start/squad option instead of our current RW options. Even if we don't play him we can loan him back for now.
He would give us depth on both wings and a bag full of energy. He runs himself into the ground in some matches I've seen. Leeds were signing him very cheaply in January before it fell through. So a similar price and we'd be getting options that we just don't have in the squad for fairly cheap. We need to add depth as well as quality.

I've only seen a handful of matches, so he could be like Martial the rest of the time. :lol:

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Him and Ben Godfrey are 2 young punts we should be looking at. yes that’s a P in punts
Whoscored have aerial duels as one of his weaknesses. I've not seen that much of him but he's fast as anything though and a good passer. He's also got 4 goals and 2 assists in 26(5) apps so is a goal threat too. Norwich concede a lot so I'm not sure how good a defender he is.
Don't forget that when Hull got relegated, conceding the most goals in the league in the process, they had a certain Harry Maguire and Andy Robertson in their back four!

Love the idea of taking risks on promising homegrown talents. I really hope these kinda players are being targetted. Daniel James at £10 million is an open goal, he'd sell in the future for more than that even if he flopped, mini Bale.

Sea-Cow

There was a time I really wanted us to sign Aaron Lennon. This seems very similar.

But as someone mentioned above -- if it means we don't have to sit through Alexis, Lingard, or Mata on the wings, then I am all for it.

I would still rather have Brooks or Frasier though, but they would rightly be way more expensive.

Rocknrolla69er

Looks very 2 footed from the videos, great dribbling and accurate crossing with both feet.

Could possibly teach Martial something about hardwork and commitment

Another good young player in the championship is Bowen at hull, 22 goals from the right wing, very good dribbling with the ball and very strong with both feet but prefers to cut in from the right with a left foot finish, bit of a jonny on the spot very clever poaching goals too.

Reactions: 2cents

Rocknrolla69er

Maguire was amazing for Hull, looked awesome.

Robertson was pretty weak defensivley got caught out alot with his concentration and positioning, with Maguire nine times out of ten having to come over and cover. Robertsons improvement has been unreal, helps having Van Dijk alongside you and three hardworking midfielders

Classical Mechanic

Don't forget that when Hull got relegated, conceding the most goals in the league in the process, they had a certain Harry Maguire and Andy Robertson in their back four!

Love the idea of taking risks on promising homegrown talents. I really hope these kinda players are being targetted. Daniel James at £10 million is an open goal, he'd sell in the future for more than that even if he flopped, mini Bale.
Indeed. He seems very low risk at that price and wages would be normal.

Godfrey is a good passer, rapid and is a goal threat too. He's definitely one to look at.

DamoK

I think it's worth taking a punt on him nothing to lose. Was impressed when I saw him against city. Caused them a lot of problems

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Looks very 2 footed from the videos, great dribbling and accurate crossing with both feet.

Could possibly teach Martial something about hardwork and commitment

Another good young player in the championship is Bowen at hull, 22 goals from the right wing, very good dribbling with the ball and very strong with both feet but prefers to cut in from the right with a left foot finish, bit of a jonny on the spot very clever poaching goals too.
Let’s bag him then!

RuudTom83

Next season is the perfect chance for some young signings to gel together and prove themselves.

Without CL and no one expecting a title challenge, Ole can afford to play a few more kids.

Woziak

This would represent a smart shift in policy, young British with huge potential and pace and could be one of 6 or 7 new players to come in. The club needs width and this boy offers it, is he a mercenary or a foreign Prima Dona that thinks he's too good for the club?

No he's a young boy with lots of talent that wants to learn and knows how lucky he would be to wear the United Shirt, I for one would love this signing and hope we can add another 6 like this after we clear the obvious 10 or 11 who simply must go this Summer.

Bye bye Valencia, Darmian, Jones, Young, Grant, Pogba, Rojo, Sanchez, Mata, Herrera, and with a heavy heart De Gea!

Bring back Dean Henderson(loan), Axel Tuanzebe (loan), Angel Gomez( Promote), Mason Greenwood (Promote) J Gardner (promote)

Buy; K Koulibaly, A W Bissaka, D Rice, C Ericssen, D James, J Sancho and E Cavani
Total Cost £420M - Player Sales £250M = Net Sales £170M

We might just have a young hungry squad that care and have pride for the shirt again with Cavani, Smelling, Linderlof, McTominay, Ericssen and Koulibaly as actual leaders in the dressing room.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
This would represent a smart shift in policy, young British with huge potential and pace and could be one of 6 or 7 new players to come in. The club needs width and this boy offers it, is he a mercenary or a foreign Prima Dona that thinks he's too good for the club?

No he's a young boy with lots of talent that wants to learn and knows how lucky he would be to wear the United Shirt, I for one would love this signing and hope we can add another 6 like this after we clear the obvious 10 or 11 who simply must go this Summer.

Bye bye Valencia, Darmian, Jones, Young, Grant, Pogba, Rojo, Sanchez, Mata, Herrera, and with a heavy heart De Gea!

Bring back Dean Henderson(loan), Axel Tuanzebe (loan), Angel Gomez( Promote), Mason Greenwood (Promote) J Gardner (promote)

Buy; K Koulibaly, A W Bissaka, D Rice, C Ericssen, D James, J Sancho and E Cavani

We might just have a young hungry squad that care and have pride for the shirt again with Cavani, Smelling, Linderlof, McTominay, Ericssen and Koulibaly as actual leaders in the dressing room.
Poor Chris nobody can remember his name :D

NoPace

Haven't seen him apart from highlights but even if we do sign Sancho or another highly-priced RW, we do need some pace and effort on the wings for rotation, lighting a fire under Martial and late game situations against tired defenders anyways.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

That’s the transfer muppet post of the year. It’s so funny I want to cry

This is what our fans have been reduced to:(
I hate the club for what it’s turned us into

AgentSquirrel

Why would the image be reversed?
It's a way to get around copyright issues on youtube I think? Don't know if it actually works, but I've seen it given as a reason for tv show eps/clips being reversed on YT.

RedNed77

It's a way to get around copyright issues on youtube I think? Don't know if it actually works, but I've seen it given as a reason for tv show eps/clips being reversed on YT.
Makes more sense than my paranoid idea that somebody had flipped it to make it look like he was better on the right than he is.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Hehe.

I've been waiting for us being linked to Daniel James, as it's been just a matter of time in my mind. Remains to be seen if this is true and/or if it actually materialises.

I was going to create a thread about him a while back—until I found that he's not left-footed. Yes, I'm picky and I'd prefer a left-footed right forward for cut-ins from the right. The traditional winger role is being less utilised and I don't understand why there's so many posts about finding wingers, when that role is assigned to the full-backs these days any way.

What we should be looking for are strikers and forwards… especially wide forwards.

Previously, the information I had was that he's left-footed. Unfortunately, he in fact seems to be right-footed, albeit having a strong left-foot too. Some statistical output for each position he's played: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/daniel-james/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/319301
Depends on the system somewhat, but Rashford (or Martial) should be inside left for sure over the next few years, so I would prefer someone to stretch the play with width on the right. An attacking well rounded full back on the right could provide most of the width, but we do need some wide options further up the pitch.

SparkedIntoLife

If he were on loan from us playing so well in the Championship, there’d be many of us clamouring to bring him back. I think sometimes we can get seduced by traditional success pathways from football and overlook players with a less conventional development path.

I’d love us to sign good under the radar talent this Summer (provided they are truly of the correct potential). Far better than missing out and signing them a year later for 20 times the price!

crossy1686

career ending
If he were on loan from us playing so well in the Championship, there’d be many of us clamouring to bring him back. I think sometimes we can get seduced by traditional success pathways from football and overlook players with a less conventional development path.

I’d love us to sign good under the radar talent this Summer (provided they are truly of the correct potential). Far better than missing out and signing them a year later for 20 times the price!
Excellent option off the bench. Might wake some of the lazy one's up to have someone who's willing to give his all to stay in the team.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He looks super fast.

I think I’d prefer David Brooks, though.

SparkedIntoLife

Excellent option off the bench. Might wake some of the lazy one's up to have someone who's willing to give his all to stay in the team.
Absolutely. Hopefully he’d light a fire under Martial’s ass. Though I fear that ship has sailed and we should possibly try to sell him this Summer because he seems to be one of the weeds in the garden attitude wise.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Very interesting player.

Saw bits and pieces of him at Swansea and he looks very exciting albeit that's just highlights.

What impressed me was I watched full 90 minutes of his international debut for Wales v Slovakia. Scored the winner after 10 minutes and was a threat all game so suggests good mentality he can step up.

Move to top 6 team is way too early. If he is moving to prem, Bournemouth if they lose Ryan Fraser or Palace if Zaha goes seem logical stepping stone moves.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Very interesting player.

Saw bits and pieces of him at Swansea and he looks very exciting albeit that's just highlights.

What impressed me was I watched full 90 minutes of his international debut for Wales v Slovakia. Scored the winner after 10 minutes and was a threat all game so suggests good mentality he can step up.

Move to top 6 team is way too early. If he is moving to prem, Bournemouth if they lose Ryan Fraser or Palace if Zaha goes seem logical stepping stone moves.
Issue is the market has changed, if he has even half of a good season for any of those clubs you mentioned his value will be 50 or 60m.

We're not going to win the title soon anyway, might as well go for it and develop a talent as we look to make a squad.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Better than Brooks?
Different player, Brooks is AM so Grealish would be better comparison for down here. Or Mason Mount.

I think if he makes the right move James could make similar impact in prem to what Fraser at Bournemouth has in 12-18 months time.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Issue is the market has changed, if he has even half of a good season for any of those clubs you mentioned his value will be 50 or 60m.

We're not going to win the title soon anyway, might as well go for it and develop a talent as we look to make a squad.
Big clubs now seem happy to pay the premium.

Man. United imo should be looking at someone like Julian Brandt. Always posts good stats season in season out, regular at international level, experienced and seems he can leave Dortmund for 25m so in the modern climate that's a bargain.

Add in ambitious move for Dybala and a very ambitious move for Cavani (think that's the sort of striker Man. United need in making Zlatan type impact) and your attack would look miles better and also give Martial (if he's still there) and Rashford a massive kick up the backside.

Josep Dowling

The biggest is we have is we don’t have enough players playing natural positions.

We don’t have an actual winger in the squad anymore.

Martial - converted striker
Rashford - converted striker
Mata - number 10
Sanchez - no longer plays football

I don’t know if James is the answer, I highly doubt it but at least he’s a natural winger.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Big clubs now seem happy to pay the premium.

Man. United imo should be looking at someone like Julian Brandt. Always posts good stats season in season out, regular at international level, experienced and seems he can leave Dortmund for 25m so in the modern climate that's a bargain.

Add in ambitious move for Dybala and a very ambitious move for Cavani (think that's the sort of striker Man. United need in making Zlatan type impact) and your attack would look miles better and also give Martial (if he's still there) and Rashford a massive kick up the backside.
I actually think it's getting difficult for big clubs to pay premium.

When one good signing costs 50m, I feel it really has an impact on the rest of the transfer plans for the club. The dilemma is, if we're to go big on one position, it's going to heavily impact the quality of signing on another and we're in a position where we have a lot of issues to address. There's no room for error with these premium signings.

Brandt does look like a quality player though, you're right if he's available at that price we have to be in for him. (Leverkusen by the way). :p

meamth

Uhhh, get rid of Lukaku.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Yes! Was trying to remember this kids name the other day. Looks a prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.