Daniel James / signs for Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josep Dowling

Presumably the 30m includes add-ons given the earlier reports of an initial 20m + add ons?

Not that I'm complaining either way.

In which case signing James initially was a good piece of business. Came in for relatively little, filled a squad role for a few seasons until he wasn't needed, sold for healthy profit. Well done us.
This is a valid point and a reason to keep trying these sort of transfers.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
That £30m fee does seem a bit inflated, but I like to think of it as a bit of a delayed player + cash exchange.

It's really Eric Cantona + £28.8m :wenger:

Dve

So, 28m now reported. Sounds like good business,

And good bye James. Never going to be good enough for United, but I´m sure you tried your best, and I wish you the best of luck. Ole will be a bit sad, I´m sure.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't know why people are surprisedat the fee. He's a 23 year old international that regularly plays for Manchester United. Reserves are going for £20m nowadays.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It's not 20m. It's 25m plus 5m adds on and the fact they didn't mention what's the adds on I'm guessing it's reachable adds on. I knew we would get that much since Iwobi cost about the same. :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Think it was a decent punt. Got found out very quickly but I think he will do well at Leeds.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Seems like he IS going somewhere and your made up narrative about Ole was wrong. Great jinx if that was the intention of this post though!
If we didn't sign Ronaldo, he would stay. But great that i was wrong. 25 mil is excellent fee.

But Lingard is staying. No way Ole letting him go. He loves him like his own child :)

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Good luck to the kid. Did his best for us. Tried hard, always got stuck in.

Drainy

That £30m fee does seem a bit inflated, but I like to think of it as a bit of a delayed player + cash exchange.

It's really Eric Cantona + £28.8m :wenger:
I think because how financially fecked Leeds were we only spent £27.5m on Rio in the end since the administrator needed the final payment asap, so we got King Eric & Rio in a swapsy for James and came out with a cool mil on top

Joseunited

Best of luck James. Hopefully you've helped United secure a much needed midfielder in the next 24 hours.

V.O.

Think it was a decent punt. Got found out very quickly but I think he will do well at Leeds.
I agree, I think it's great for all parties. The price is above what I'd be wanting to pay if I was Leeds, but for the kind of football they play and the high defensive lines they'll be seeing much more often than we will, I think he'll do well and find his level there.

V.O.

I think because how financially fecked Leeds were we only spent £27.5m on Rio in the end since the administrator needed the final payment asap, so we got King Eric & Rio in a swapsy for James and came out with a cool mil on top
The Rio deal slipped my mind, that makes it even better. :D

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Brilliant deal and best of luck James.

Nice strategy though. Buy cheap and take punts from championship and sell on a high profit.

largelyworried

Shame. Not United quality but I liked his attitude and now he’s going to Leeds I can’t like him anymore.

::sonny::

Started yesterday today sold

This show how there’s no vision and organisation

Red Royal

Fondly remember that goal he scored versus Fat Franks Chelski on his debut. His first month was great, hope he does well for rest of his career (except against us of course).

Nick7

Good business. I like him and think he’ll do great there. Was well worth the punt and made us a profit. Shame he’s a Leeds player now though.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We should hold out for 50 million. English tax and all that.

davidmichael

£25 million is a great bit of business, if we can get similar for Lingard and maybe Martial out on loan so his wages are gone for a year with maybe a out and out defensive midfielder coming in it’ll be a perfect window.

Red Rash

Wish him the best of luck but it's a great deal for us. He should do better at Leeds than at United but I definitely think he is a limited player and doesn't suit our style.

The infuriating thing is that we played him yesterday when we could have played VDB and Pogba on the left. Imagine how Donny feels knowing he can't even get a game when we play someone we sell the next day.

slored1

Started yesterday today sold

This show how there’s no vision and organisation
Are you trolling? He is sold because Ronaldo is coming in, Rashford is coming soon, Martial can play on the wings, so can Lingard, Diallo and Elanga. He started because we needed help with Traore and he was utter garbage.

Deery

Dreary
Bit sad for him really, he tried his best and part of me wanted to see him achieve here but the money is just to good to refuse..

Mercurial

Absolutely annoys me when fans of their club despise a player, especially a player like James.

Granted he's not good enough but as you say, he always applies himself and has been important in a few games.

He would be better suited at other clubs but there's no need for our own fans to be abusive towards him.
He is a nice person, he got the break of a lifetime and as you say applies himself. No reason for the abuse he gets. Might not be good enough for us but he is considered squad, not starter.

Skeezix

Fair props to him if he does move. Deserves respect along with the likes of Welbeck, Cleverley, Evans, Memphis, Smalling. (for wanting to play even if it meant earning less than what they would in the United Bench)

Status
Not open for further replies.