Daniel James / signs for Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I’ll be sad to see him leave. Seems like a nice lad and he had a really great start to his United career. Very emotional when he scored his first goal for us right after his father had passed away.

To sum it up. There are other players I’d much rather see sold. So, DJ, good luck on your future endeavours. Was nice to have you at United.
Nice post

SirAnderson

No way James will go to Leeds imo.

Not sure if this was posted earlier, but who in their right mind would transfer to a club that chanted this about you?

2 weeks ago: Leeds fans chanting 'you're too shit to play for leeds' to Daniel James

EDIT: I see it was posted. Man, 18 pages over this short time. You guys are serious about him getting out of here :lol:

Kaos

Not sure if this was posted earlier, but who in their right mind would transfer to a club that chanted this about you?

2 weeks ago: Leeds fans chanting 'you're too shit to play for leeds' to Daniel James

EDIT: I see it was posted. Man, 18 pages over this short time. You guys are serious about him getting out of here :lol:
Was this after we spanked them 5-1? :lol:

United in sin

He will do very well there. It’ll be good for him to get away from our toxic fans who expect a cheap young bench/squad player to have a similar output and threat as a starter or else they are “useless” Any player no matter how glamorous needs a solid run of games and trust from the manager to hit form. I personally don’t think it’s possible to hit top form and become confident as a bit part attacking player and as we’ve seen from Sancho you can be anything on paper or youtube but It’s a tough league to come in and score and assist without rhythm. I also think it’s not good for our youth to be sitting around and getting minutes here and there sporadically so I don’t buy the whole “James is taking x’s minutes” when it’s only 1000 broken up minutes. Attacking players need consecutive minutes and trust. If you blank you’re still in for the next one. James had a much better start to life here than Sancho has so far. I’m not saying he’s a better player but if James can go back to what he was showing at the start with some trust from his new manager he can play at a high level and be a nightmare to play against. I can totally see why Leeds are in for him. He could still develop into something good. Cheap wages. Good guy. Best of luck to him.
I think he'll struggle at any PL club as he's simply not of the required standard. Should be interesting to see what Bielsa does with him though.

I'm not surprised lower ranked PL teams will want to give him a chance based on his united experience but they'll soon find out his limitations at this level IMO. Good luck to him

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I guess it's fitting that the wildest transfer window for years would end with a bidding war for Dan James, where we potentially sell him for more than double what we got him for. What a ride.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
What the feck is footy insider?

Post reliable sources.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

Have you seen what people were saying about Ronaldo here?

SATA

It has to be absolute nonsense surely? If it is not, surely we will sell him to Everton and take the 40M instead. No reliable sources at all at this point

Superunknown

I like the guy, but we would be absolutely stupid to turn down these kinds of offers that we're seeing. Who/what else can we give Leeds and Everton?! Now's the time for a massive sorting out.

Mercurial

I like the guy, but we would be absolutely stupid to turn down these kinds of offers that we're seeing. Who/what else can we give Leeds and Everton?! Now's the time for a massive sorting out.
Can we tempt them with a Jones?

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I’ll be sad to see him leave. Seems like a nice lad and he had a really great start to his United career. Very emotional when he scored his first goal for us right after his father had passed away.

To sum it up. There are other players I’d much rather see sold. So, DJ, good luck on your future endeavours. Was nice to have you at United.
At least he will have fun in a system that suits him more at his level. He is a credit to himself and any club he plays for in terms of attitude, but we have to be ruthless here at United.

bosskeano

don't give a fuk who buys him as long as we get a good price for him and use it to bring in a quality CM by wednesday

Tee27

Whilst I think it’s best for all parties that he leaves I will be quite sad to some extent to see him go and a shame he couldn’t make it here. He’s a hard working lad who seems to just always give his all. He has also had some good performances for us in big games most notably ones against man city(not great performances but good).

It is clear he wasn’t good enough for us but I wish him well, apart from when playing us of course and hopefully can help takes some points off some of our rivals for us.

Winrar

Best of luck, just doesn't have what it takes to cut it at this level.

I would've rather seen his minutes go to someone else that has a future at this club, but that's not his fault for getting those minutes and I personally have no ill will towards him in any way.

pav1790

One of the happiest moments of the show. This time next year we’ll be millionaires - for about 15 years. And then this.

edit : come to think of it -for me it’s later when Rodney faints instead of del. The whole episode was amazing.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Don’t get why we’re not letting Lingard go aswell, could get decent money for him and bring in a quality DM, we have VDB who can cover Fernandes.

Wicked_Badger

Nice post. Agree with you. Probably best for him to move on to get regular game time and develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.