Daniel James / signs for Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I feel it will be used to cushion the Ronaldo deal. Would love to be wrong.
That is very likely. Its frustrating because its such an obvious weakness that surely the club knows this intimately as well

PoTMS

Shame it didn't work out for him. Hope we put in some sell on fees or a buyback clause in the contract just in case he one day ends up looking half decent.

Monkey bus

He’ll have a very good career wherever he goes if he’s getting a regular run out and expectations are managed according to the size of club he goes to. Can see him being a regular 10 league goals a season type of player in a less pressured environment. Real shame it hasn’t worked out here as he’d have liked. He‘s a good lad who deserves a fresh start. All the best to him.

RedDevil@84

Shame it didn't work out for him. Hope we put in some sell on fees or a buyback clause in the contract just in case he one day ends up looking half decent.
Don't think we would want him. Sell on fees surely looks nice

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Don’t get why we’re not letting Lingard go aswell, could get decent money for him and bring in a quality DM, we have VDB who can cover Fernandes.
Someone has to actually want to sign him.

RedDevil@84

Don’t get why we’re not letting Lingard go aswell, could get decent money for him and bring in a quality DM, we have VDB who can cover Fernandes.
Nobody wants him for decent amount plus his big salary

Sylar

Even though he would be transferring to that lot, hope he has a good career. Playing for Leeds against teams who wont sit back with about 8 men, should suit him, especially as he will have that a lot (if somebody can find him or the space for him to run into)
His pressing and running and workrate will be liked by Leeds and Bielsa.

SAFMUTD

It would be like the football gods are starting to favour us once more!

In all seriousness Benetiz is an arch pragmatist and he wants wingers to get down the line and cross into the box to DCL so there could be some substance in it.
I can imagine Everton being interested, but there's no way the figure is 40M.

Impossible.

Eddy_JukeZ

All the best to him.

He gave it his all every time he wore the jersey and he had some good moments.

A move that works for both parties.

Ranchero

I hope we use the cash to bring in a top quality box to box midfielder like Camavinga or Bissouma before the transfer window slams shut.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Just had a little browse on the Leeds forum and
this comment amused me:

Getting our pants dragged down by wolves for costa was bad enough, getting shafted for douglas was terrible, but, getting dry-bummed by man utd is a f*cking total piss-take, how was £1 million from swansea fine, to £25 million from man utd is more than acceptable from a skint club wtf is going on

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Great he's finally being sold but it appears it is to ensure the next round of dividend flows in next year for the Glazers. Unsurprisingly depressing and unambitious by our pathetic owners.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It's insane that a player who has actually been solid for us gets sold and the likes of Lingard are still around. I suppose it's due to Dan James having a market while Lingard doesn't have one, but nonetheless, I would've rather sold Lingard for less and kept James for squad depth.

SirAnderson

I’ll be sad to see him leave. Seems like a nice lad and he had a really great start to his United career. Very emotional when he scored his first goal for us right after his father had passed away.

To sum it up. There are other players I’d much rather see sold. So, DJ, good luck on your future endeavours. Was nice to have you at United.
Right there with you on this buddy.
In an age of flashy players and money merchants, this lad just tried to give his best. Granted it wasn't enough but like you said, there are others that I'd rather see go first before this guy.
Really wanted to see him turn it around but doesn't seem like it will happen.
I do think he will have a solid career elsewhere and will follow his progress. Wish him the best.

Thiagoal

Great he's finally being sold but it appears it is to ensure the next round of dividend flows in next year for the Glazers. Unsurprisingly depressing and unambitious by our pathetic owners.
Considering we’ve had a season and a half with no income from match going fans, I think Sancho, Ronaldo and Varane isn’t too disappointing!

Pronewbie

Peep
It's insane that a player who has actually been solid for us gets sold and the likes of Lingard are still around. I suppose it's due to Dan James having a market while Lingard doesn't have one, but nonetheless, I would've rather sold Lingard for less and kept James for squad depth.
Lingard I can see us keeping. Ole seems to trust him to turn a game. On that note, we should let Donny go.

choccy77

I hope we use the cash to bring in a top quality box to box midfielder like Camavinga or Bissouma before the transfer window slams shut.
I hope we use it to give Jones a new contract and also extend Fred's

Pronewbie

Peep
Considering we’ve had a season and a half with no income from match going fans, I think Sancho, Ronaldo and Varane isn’t too disappointing!
Yes and I don't want my club to turn into a Barca. Best to balance the books sensibly while we still can. We know the Glazers will only be happy to laden all the debt onto the club, while continuing to collect a dividend as shit hits the fan.

Don’t forget his debut season where he assisted Rashford with beautiful balls against Liverpool, Norwich and Burnley! Good luck to the boy.

DannyDee

Good business outside of the times we had to watch James play ineptly. Hope this money goes towards a DM but I don't think its likely unless we somehow last-minute offload Lingard too.

justsomebloke

30m. Quite a price tag for a player considered by many on this forum as a "championship player". There's been a good few very good players moved in this window for less than that.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Good move for him, for us, for Leeds, and for me, in that I no longer have to listen to the interminable whinging about his performances from a sizable contingent on here. He's an honest player who gave it his best and came up a bit short. I hope it goes well for him at Leeds.

R'hllor

Best of luck to him, decent player who will improve there, doubt Bielsa and Leeds would chase for 2nd time if there is no some kind of idea of him as their player.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
£30m is an incredible fee by our standards. Ed must be trying to get us to beg him to stay.

James came with modest expectations and didn’t fulfil them. Good luck to him all the same.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It is. We've had 16 years of underinvestment, mismanagement and to top it all off the fecking Super League three months ago that most seem to have forgotten.

The Glazers are waiting to steal more out of this club under the guise of 'normal business' and we shouldn't be happy not addressing our biggest weakness in the first 11.

As for James, I'm really looking forward to him playing in another team but I am also intrigued to see how he performs in a proper system.

The fee is also great but I think people are missing a key point - we took a risk on a Championship player who is good enough for the PL but not for the top 4 teams and £30m is a great price.

Status
Not open for further replies.