Daniel James / signs for Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

So he should move to be a bench player elsewhere? Hes better of going somewhere where he can make the 11
He will obviously get minutes they’ve literally got 2 capable wingers in the whole squad, there’s very few teams in the PL who can guarantee Dan James 38 games this season he isn’t that good

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No point loaning him out. This is a player we can easily break even on — maybe even get a bit of profit on if we sell properly.

Mainoldo

Good luck Danny. Hope you have a good career at your next destination.

Good business if we get rid. Jones next. Yeah

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He will obviously get minutes they’ve literally got 2 capable wingers in the whole squad, there’s very few teams in the PL who can guarantee Dan James 38 games this season he isn’t that good
Fair enough

GlasgowCeltic

If he manages to spend his career in the Prem he'll have done brilliantly, can look to the likes of Kieron Richardson for inspiration

Castia

He needs to get away from our toxic fan base
Not the lads fault but he just isn’t good enough and the amount of minutes he gets is ridiculous he’s been a regular figure of the squad since he came. Should have been one of those deals where we bought him and loaned him hoping he’d turn into a decent player not make about 50 appearances for Man United.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
He’s obviously a decent hard-working lad. We took a relatively inexpensive gamble on him, it hasn’t quite worked, but he can move on with no regrets.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It takes a mixture of players. You don’t win leagues etc without the likes of O’Shea, park, nevilles etc doing the hard yards

golden_blunder

Staff
Not the lads fault but he just isn’t good enough and the amount of minutes he gets is ridiculous he’s been a regular figure of the squad since he came. Should have been one of those deals where we bought him and loaned him hoping he’d turn into a decent player not make about 50 appearances for Man United.
Some of that was from getting pushed too early.
he’s a decent player, definitely PL quality but maybe better playing for a team where he will get regular football.
thats what we should leave it at, but there are some (not all) who’d rather go overboard. It’s the same with other bit part players too

golden_blunder

Staff
Park was miles better than James and I wasn't even a big Park fan.
I agree he was better but in the context of the teams they were in, he was there to do a job (such as mark kaka). He was known for his stamina before anything else

anyways you picked one player out of a list of the top of my head and ignored the overall points

Eddy_JukeZ

I agree he was better but in the context of the teams they were in, he was there to do a job (such as mark kaka). He was known for his stamina before anything else
Sure, but James has really struggled since his nice start. He's had ample opportunities to showcase what he can offer. I don't think it's good enough even as a squad player.

He is just far too limited of a player.

Kag

He’s a confidence player. Tbh your response shows why he won’t get support here
Rubbish. He gets support within the stadium and that’s what counts. He appears to lack confidence on the basis that he isn’t very good. Certainly not good enough for United.

There is no agenda when it comes to James. United supporters give him his due. He came, he gave it a go, and turns out he wasn’t quite up to playing for us regularly. It happens. You’re looking for something that isn’t there.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's a right footed winger who's comfortable on the left and we have about 4 other players who are easily better than him for that spot. He's not as useless as he's being portrayed to be, he works hard tracking back and always turned out useful in big games against the likes of City. However, he's young enough and important enough for Wales to be playing more regularly. Bielsa is a big fan and Leeds would offer our money back or even a small profit on top to finally take him.

golden_blunder

Staff
The problem that James faces is that the traditional style winger isn’t favoured by a lot of teams these days. He’s a decade too late

I feel like he has to adapt or step it up with his end product to go further

Pronewbie

Peep
James is on low enough wages and is one of our best pressers. If he accepts playing a bit part role for the squad and continues to improve then I'd be happy to keep him as a defensive option, especially when we need to kill a game we're leading.

On the flip side, someone like Martial IMO should be moved on so we can reinvest for the future.

golden_blunder

Staff
Rubbish. He gets support within the stadium and that’s what counts. He appears to lack confidence on the basis that he isn’t very good. Certainly not good enough for United.

There is no agenda when it comes to James. United supporters give him his due. He came, he gave it a go, and turns out he wasn’t quite up to playing for us regularly. It happens. You’re looking for something that isn’t there.
Perhaps but until all people start conversing normally I remain unconvinced

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He's just not up to the standards expected at United. The biggest weakness is choosing the wrong option with his passing and crossing on occasions. One of his other weaknesses is being pushed off the ball far too easily for a Premiership player. I think with Ronaldo now coming, Amad doing well and the club having high hopes on Elanga he seems surplus to requirements.

This is a last-minute decision if it materialises. There's no doubt he would have been kept had Ronaldo not been signed.

::sonny::

Burnley, leeds, Newcastle, norwich, watford, brighton, swansea there is where he belongs

crossy1686

career ending
:lol: You lot are obsessed with selling James despite Ole saying he's staying and he's happy to be a squad player. It's like you're trying to will this move into existence.

pass.pass.pass

I have never understood these posts that say "James is a good squad player." Really, how? Maybe on FIFA where you can bring him on in the later minutes of a game and his pace can create havoc, but out here in real life he has the worst decision-making I have seen in a United footballer in years. And those rare times he does try to make the right pass, he usually gets the execution wrong.

He will not be missed.

Robbie Boy

Hopefully it'll be permanent. He's nowhere near good enough for a club like United who have aspirations to be the very best again. Best of luck to him, seems a decent sort.

Robbie Boy

@golden_blunder I get your general sentiment, but James just isn't good enough. The likes of O'Shea and Park were far superior footballers. If anything, I feel our poor squad depth has held us back over recent years. James just plainly isn't good enough, it's best to just call it as such.

golden_blunder

Staff
@golden_blunder I get your general sentiment, but James just isn't good enough. The likes of O'Shea and Park were far superior footballers. If anything, I feel our poor squad depth has held us back over recent years. James just plainly isn't good enough, it's best to just call it as such.
That’s fine, that’s a normal opinion which doesn’t go overboard or personal

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Would be good all round.

Ronaldo coming in and James going out would be quite the upgrade. He gets regular football, which he needs. Whatever team buys him gets a decent young player. And you'd then have to say he was quite a successful transfer on our part if we signed him for cheap, got some use out of him as a squad player and then sold him for more than we payed.

Robbie Boy

Would be good all round.

Ronaldo coming in and James going out would be quite the upgrade. He gets regular football, which he needs. Whatever team buys him gets a decent young player. And you'd then have to say he was quite a successful transfer on our part if we signed him for cheap, got some use out of him as a squad player and then sold him for more than we payed.
We be a good outcome for all, yes. I also wouldn't be adverse to more of these punts. If one comes off, then it'll be fantastic.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Him and Martial are the weak links in an otherwise stellar attack now. Sadly for James, he's easier for us to offload than Martial, so it's time to go. Good lad who always gave it his all but he's just not up to it at this level. He needs to move to a mid table club to try and properly ignite his career.

Varane around town

Think it would be the best option for everyone.

We all know that he isn't good enough for United, he probably knows that himself, so I hope we can get him out of the door. I think he'd be perfectly good player for most of the teams in the bottom half of the league and would probably make a decent fist of it at a team like Everton. It'll just never work of him.

Final thought, I know that United fans- including myself- give James a hard time. I've never doubted that he gives 100% whenever he plays for us. Occasionally it looks like he's trying a bit too hard and overcomplicating things. It's not his fault that he's been overpromoted.

WhyYouGottaBeSoRuud?

It takes a mixture of players. You don’t win leagues etc without the likes of O’Shea, Park, Neville's etc doing the hard yards
Couldn't agree more. No idea why people want rid of James so much when he's a great 3rd or 4th choice on our wings and seemingly happy to play that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.