Daniel Sturridge at Liverpool #divestudge

izec

Dont agree. They play Sterling further forward without Sturridge. They should play them both in an offensive role. I think that is a bit of a blow.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
This can only be good news for us. If they lose to Arsenal then we have top 4 in the bag....

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
They play better without him because he's not been match fit. He's been started to much. They've been a bit desperate. Starting every other game and coming on as a sub the other would be great until he reached match fitness. Instead Rodgers overplayed him and this player with a big injury record surprisingly got injured again.

Tyrion

Surely that's a blow to them. If nothing else, it increases the chances of seeing Balotelli on the pitch and adds more material for the RAWK comedy machine.

This season is starting to seriously look up after only 2 games.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's hardly been brilliant since returning anyway. Liverpool supporters appeared to up their assessment of him with every passing game he missed, I said during his previous injury that he would fail to set the world alight on his return simply because he doesn't have Suarez anymore. Great striker on his day but some would have you believe he's world class! :lol:

Brightonian

He's hardly been brilliant since returning anyway. Liverpool supporters appeared to up their assessment of him with every passing game he missed, I said during his previous injury that he would fail to set the world alight on his return simply because he doesn't have Suarez anymore. Great striker on his day but some would have you believe he's world class! :lol:
Yeah exactly, he's never been more than a 'good Premier League striker'. Confident, strong and fast-ish, very good finisher, has the odd wondergoal in his locker. In all other departments he's unremarkable. Vastly overrates his own playmaking and link-up ability too. It might have been ok when Suarez had the defenders in front of him perpetually shitting themselves, but it really hurts England when he drifts out onto the wing all the time leaving the box empty, only to either lose the ball after a few pointless stepovers, or 'do a Valencia' and give it back to the teammate behind him. If Kane can reproduce something like his Spurs form for England he'll be a much better fit, because he knows he's a #9 and he sticks to what he's good at.

EDIT: For the record, I still think it'll hurt them to lose him. A 'good Premier League striker' is much better than Balotelli.

Last edited:

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
He's been world class at being average this season. So considering Gerrard will also be out they are lacking a serious amount of averageness.

KiD MoYeS

Yeah exactly, he's never been more than a 'good Premier League striker'. Confident, strong and fast-ish, very good finisher, has the odd wondergoal in his locker. In all other departments he's unremarkable. Vastly overrates his own playmaking and link-up ability too. It might have been ok when Suarez had the defenders in front of him perpetually shitting themselves, but it really hurts England when he drifts out onto the wing all the time leaving the box empty, only to either lose the ball after a few pointless stepovers, or 'do a Valencia' and give it back to the teammate behind him. If Kane can reproduce something like his Spurs form for England he'll be a much better fit, because he knows he's a #9 and he sticks to what he's good at.
Pretty much, he also appears to be ridiculously injury prone and unreliable.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
3 goals and 3 assist in his last 8 PL games. Pretty good seeing as four of those appearance lasted less than half an hour.

If he's playing, he'll score goals. Brilliant or not, he's a big loss for them.

ZDwyr

3 goals and 3 assist in his last 8 PL games. Pretty good seeing as four of those appearance lasted less than half an hour.

If he's playing, he'll score goals. Brilliant or not, he's a big loss for them.
This. He has clearly been below his best since coming back from injury yet he has still scored goals. He will be a big loss to them. They played Sterling up-front against Man City and it seemed to work fine anyway, so I am not sure it will be a huge loss. Though in tight close games (like a knockout cup tie) they will miss his finishing (which is lethal compared to the other options).

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Essien sent me this in a PM.

:lol:

If this is true, then it's surely a big blow for them - not so much having him miss those particular games but putting him back on the run of games a player like him usually needs to find his form again. That said I still expect the bastards to cope regardless - if nothing else if it means Rodgers can't play Sterling at fullback again then that's bad news for us.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
But now they've got full license to unleash the mighty weapon that is Balotelli.
It brings smile that they have this guy and Lambert 'the false 9' as their backup for their crooked striker.
While we have Falcao, RvP and Wilson.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This will make the two Jamies and Souness even more unbearable. "You have to remember this a side without Suarez and Sturridge."

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This will make the two Jamies and Souness even more unbearable. "You have to remember this a side without Suarez and Sturridge."
Aye, without a peak Gerrard, Alonso, Fowler and Dalgliesh too.

Revan

Assumptionman
And, what of it? Welbeck and Jones are so obviously going to be world class footballers that it is a source of great amusement me to see rival fans constantly slag them off. Although I must admit that completely misjudging a player for not scoring a great amount is less funny than doing so because he has an especially silly face.

Daniel Sturridge on the other hand will, at best, be a marginally superior Jermaine Defoe. If he was destined for anything like greatness then he'd be leading the line at Chelsea, rather than getting sold off cheap to a midtable club halfway through the season.
I like this post.

Rednotdead

They lose to the Arse, we beat Villa and it's 8 points with a much superior goal difference so they'd need to get 9 points more than us from the last 7 games. Never going to happen.

bishblaize

tbh if he is out I dont think that's a blow. Quite a few Liverpool ex-players & pundits were saying that Sturridge should have been left on the bench for the game against us anyway and Sterling should have started up front.

Still, if nothing else it represents one less option for them.

Getsme

tbh if he is out I dont think that's a blow. Quite a few Liverpool ex-players & pundits were saying that Sturridge should have been left on the bench for the game against us anyway and Sterling should have started up front.

Still, if nothing else it represents one less option for them.
Sterling has hit a bad patch of form though, Sturridge will be a blow, maybe not as big as it could have been but a blow all the same.

RooneyLegend

He was fresh from a long injury and you figure him not setting alight somehow proves you right?

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
They lose to the Arse, we beat Villa and it's 8 points with a much superior goal difference so they'd need to get 9 points more than us from the last 7 games. Never going to happen.
If they lose to Arsenal and we beat Villa, its Spurs we need to worry about

KiD MoYeS

He was fresh from a long injury and you figure him not setting alight somehow proves you right?
Well Liverpool supporters would have you believe as much! And no, I think he'll struggle to regain his overall form from last season without a world class striker partnering him.