Daniel Sturridge at Liverpool #divestudge

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

LFC are so unlucky. If Suarez hadn't left and if arguably the best striker in the league hadn't been injured for most of the season then Liverpool would've already been crowned champions.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Would be happy for him to be moved on but don't expect any reasonable offers given his injury proneness. Too unreliable to be 1st choice striker.

Hellboy

Smart move to sign a fat new contract before the start of the season, I read he was on £150k p/w (5 year deal). Nice one Daniel.

Morpheus 7

No more silly dancing celebrations for Daniel then. Ah well plenty of Subways in New York to keep him busy;)

Tyrion

Jaysus. They need to buy a striker and he has to be good enough to start. They've Lambert who doesn't seem to fit them at all, Ballotelli who would get a bollocking by the coach of an amatuer side for a lack of effort and Sturridge who can't be relied upon.

Then there's Gerrard leaving and their defence. Oh and Sterling.

This summer may be even more interesting for Liverpool than the last.

ZDwyr

Would be happy for him to be moved on but don't expect any reasonable offers given his injury proneness. Too unreliable to be 1st choice striker.
Wouldn't even be happy with him as 2nd choice?

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Wouldn't even be happy with him as 2nd choice?
I would be. If a proper offer comes in (it won't) I think it should be accepted, but him staying is good too as long as we aren't relying on him staying fit.

manutddjw

Don't they have a Belgian striker coming back from loan Origi or something like that. He looked a decent prospect, how has he done on loan?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I definitely think they should stick with Sturridge, there's no point getting another good striker for £25m when they have him.
I hope Brendan takes heed.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Don't they have a Belgian striker coming back from loan Origi or something like that. He looked a decent prospect, how has he done on loan?
Not so well, he wasn't even first choice in half of their games. He'll get games for us, sure, and he's a nice player to have on the bench, can definitely make an impact as a sub but he's nowhere near good enough to be a starter (yet). He's played more games as a winger than striker as well, I think mainly because he seriously lacks a goal threat and needs to improve a lot on that.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Shouldn't have loaned him back. Lille have had a poor season, he got stick from the fans because he went on a long goal drought, and they blamed his move for affecting his game. He's turned it round in the end started scoring lately, but we should have took him on or loaned out to a lower prem or championship club.

On Sturridge: We knew this was coming anyway, so it's not surprising. Rather he misses a chunk in the off-season than on. I don't count on him to be fit when he's next due back though, they'll be another setback by the time he is due back and we'll be looking at New Year. So, Ayre, Rodgers get a fecking move on.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
What a shame about him :(

It would be stupid to sell him (and of course no one will buy him for a fair price in the summer)......if he has another season full with injuries then it's probably the best to sell him.
Sell Balotteli, Lambert & Borini and buy a new striker. New striker, Sturridge (without a setback) and Origi should be good enough for next season.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
A Liverpool player or any other teams, it's a shame when young talent gets blighted by injuries and cannot fulfill their talent.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
What a shame about him :(

It would be stupid to sell him (and of course no one will buy him for a fair price in the summer)......if he has another season full with injuries then it's probably the best to sell him.
Sell Balotteli, Lambert & Borini and buy a new striker. New striker, Sturridge (without a setback) and Origi should be good enough for next season.
I think even with Origi we need 2 more new strikers to be honest assuming Borini, Lambert and Balotelli all leave - which is a distinct possibility.
Origi is an exciting prospect but is still just that.

Unless Rodgers wants to bring maybe one of Yesil, Sinclair or Ojo through from the U21s.
But they are just prospects too.

Last edited:

Varun

Staff
A Liverpool player or any other teams, it's a shame when young talent gets blighted by injuries and cannot fulfill their talent.
Aye, not something to be laughed at, regardless of the club he plays for.

Flying_Heckfish

So Liverpool now have to both sell Borini, Balotelli & Lambert as well as fork out for at least one first-team striker. Difficult situation to be in

prateik

It really isnt that bad. He will be back by August. This season is ending late.. so maybe the next one will start in the second half of Aug.
He wont be missing that much...

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
It really isnt that bad. He will be back by August. This season is ending late.. so maybe the next one will start in the second half of Aug.
He wont be missing that much...
True, but missing pre-season can sometimes have an impact on performance and fitness, that's what happened with Lallana and part of the reason he hasn't really got going yet this season.
Plus I would imagine it could take him a while to regain his form once he does return.
Assuming he doesn't then go and get injured again!