Danny Mills’ combined United/Liverpool 11

DoomSlayer

Maguire should be ahead of Matip. No problem with the rest.
Based on his price tag? I don't watch Liverpool but even neutral fans are saying that Matip has been doing extremely well, whilst we are a laughing stock at the moment.

el3mel

Based on his price tag? I don't watch Liverpool but even neutral fans are saying that Matip has been doing extremely well, whilst we are a laughing stock at the moment.
Matip is a good defender, though I think Maguire is better in general, and won't struggle to make a good pairing with VVD. Maguire is hardly responsible for our current mess.

amit tal

klopp will never ever take pogba for any team

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
This is clearly the best combined 11 -

------------------Alisson-----------------
TAA------Maguire-------VVD------Robertson
-------Fab---------Wij-------Pogba---------
----Lingard------Firmino-----Mané--------

Lingard, as if, who'll bite...?

Andersons Dietician

On paper you would think Pogba and Maguire get in but if you replaced Henderson with Pogba or Winjaldum would that team function as well. Probably not so he is probably right. I would think you could argue Maguire over Matip but really that’s about it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Think you could put De Gea, Pogba, Maguire and Wan-Bissaka in that team and it would be about the same strength. Can understand why he's done it like he has.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
This is clearly the best combined 11 -

------------------Alisson-----------------
TAA------Maguire-------VVD------Robertson
-------Fab---------Wij-------Pogba---------
----Lingard------Firmino-----Mané--------

Jesse, as if - who'll bite?

fastwalker

Surprised to see no thread on this. All the ‘football banter’ pages are having a field day with it on Twitter with ‘Danny Mills’ now trending.

Is he right though? Which of our players would get in currently? Arguments for Pogba > Henderson and Maguire > Matip ?

I’m struggling other than that.

Buzzing for Sunday.

I would have Pogba in over any of their midfield. Wan-Bissaka is a better defeneder than Trent. But that is about it to be honest. Matip gets in over Maguire for me. He is player of the month for goodness sake and he has been outstanding for them since the end of last season.

Shows how far we have fallen though that I can only think of two players that would get in a combined 11. Absolute disgrace.

el3mel

Think you could put De Gea, Pogba, Maguire and Wan-Bissaka in that team and it would be about the same strength. Can understand why he's done it like he has.
The Liverpool midfield work as a unit together and Pogba will disturb that. No way for AWB too. Arnold is far better going forward which is what matters for Liverpool side.

Havak

Pokemon master
I actually think Liverpool would be even better with Pogba in the side, he's kind of what they're missing from central midfield. The work rate of the rest of their team would compensate for his sub-par defensive duty, but he's athletic enough to work in a Klopp side with the right coaching.

Magurie is debatable obviously. He's probably always going to be a better player/defender than Matip or Gomez, but I think the form that those two have shown (albeit only while next to Virgil) is worthy of the argument to pick them over him.

There are some other slight debates such as de Gea over Allison when he's on form (but he suits their overall playstyle more), maybe Wan-Bissaka over Trent, but that's more of a game-by-game basis when Klopp chooses a better defender at Right Back. You usually lose too much more often than not by leaving out Trent in terms of being a threat going the other way. Lastly would be Martial over Firmino, but this one is a bit of a stretch. Most would maybe agree he has more potential or is a better footballer, but Firmino brings more to Liverpool than Martial does to United at the moment so it's hard to make the case. Martial would need a full season of playing as a striker and staying fit for us to really see what he could do first.

I don't disagree with the team that much though, it should rightly be almost all Liverpool players even if we were picking an 18 man match day squad...

Andersonson

Allison/De Gea - can't go wrong with either really

TAA, Maguire, VVD, Robertson

Fabinho, Pogba

Salah, Firmino, Mane

Martial​
Haha no chance Martial should be in an combined 11 with Liverpool. Pogba in Firmino's place, Martial out and Wjinaldum in

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Barely an argument to be had. Shows how poor our squad is.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The Liverpool midfield work as a unit together and Pogba will disturb that. No way for AWB too. Arnold is far better going forward which is what matters for Liverpool side.
Does anyone actually think about tactics for combined 11s? Usually you just pick the best 11 players and stick them in.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Pogba and Maguire would walk in of course. Allisson only beats De Gea based on his current year. Wan Bissaka is quality IMO but Alexander Arnold is as good as any in the world because of his on the ball quality. The rest are easy though.

Brown Gooner

Supports
Arsenal
De Gea(Alison)
TAA(AWB) - Maguire(Smalling) - Van Dijk - Robertson
Fabinho
Mctominay(Wiljunaldum) - Pogba
Salah - Martial(Firmino) - Mane

Mills is taking the piss. It is just his personal preference.
You put Smalling & Mctominay in there. You're the one taking the piss here

Charles Miller

The reason fans get so angry when United are "underperforming", and tend to blame the coach, is because they overrate some players and believe they have a bigger status in world football than what is the reality.

Only Pogba should make that team. Maybe DDG. Also i dont agree Pogba doesn't suit Klopp's style. He would be a superior player under Klopp.

mu4c_20le

Barely an argument to be had. Shows how poor our squad is.
Or we could finally start Liverpool some credit. That's one of the best forward lines in world football right there, as well as the best pair of fullbacks. Midfield and cb are the only areas we can compete.

el3mel

Does anyone actually think about tactics for combined 11s? Usually you just pick the best 11 players and stick them in.
You usually pick the combined 11 who are going to work best together.

el3mel

But what if he was playing under Klopp
He would still be lazy off the ball. That's not his game. No manager is going to change that, and Klopp likes his midfield to keep pressing. Anyway combined XI aren't about the manager but how well these group will work together and Liverpool midfield act as a unit together which Pogba will disturb imo.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Or we could finally start Liverpool some credit. That's one of the best forward lines in world football right there, as well as the best pair of fullbacks. Midfield and cb are the only areas we can compete.
I agree they have recruited excellently largely thanks to investing in a top structure behind the scenes.

Everyone seems to be in agreement here but there will be a meltdown and people begging for Ole out if we don't win.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
How i wish we could smash those cnuts on Sunday. I would take 1-0 now, penalty from Rashy after five minutes and then we defend for our lives
That would be fantastic. I am not expecting a good result but I am expecting a good performance.
Goodness me. If they cannot raise their standards for this game then we are in serious trouble, as would be the manager.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I agree they have recruited excellently largely thanks to investing in a top structure behind the scenes.

Everyone seems to be in agreement here but there will be a meltdown and people begging for Ole out if we don't win.
Just goes to show what you can achieve when everyone has a common purpose.
They are making it look easy but we all know just how difficult it must be.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Put that sh!T up in the dressing room at the weekend, remind them we still are Manchester United, and set the caged tigers at em

fps

Pogba would walk in to the Liverpool midfield on an ability basis and clearly should make a combined XI.
Ability to consistently turn up? Ability to play with positional discipline and tactical acumen? Ability to play 90 minutes with energy, dedication and drive? I don't think so.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Don’t see anything wrong with that team at all. There’s not one united player that gets above any of those.

:lol: At those that say Pogba gets in ahead of fabinho, Henderson, fabinho. That doesn’t happen, Currently Pogba is nowhere near their form.

CM

It's not far from the truth, ridiculous as it sounds.

If you're going on form Alisson shouldn't get in because he hasn't played since the first game. Other than that you can maybe put a case forward for Maguire, that's about it.

el3mel

Put that sh!T up in the dressing room at the weekend, remind them we still are Manchester United, and set the caged tigers at em
I doubt our players care that much. They might agree with that lineup.