Danny Mills’ combined United/Liverpool 11

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I think Alison (debatable), Fabinho, and Salah would get into the present United team. Fabinho is in the form of his life and Salah would instantly improve our right and add goals.

lysglimt

Scout
If all players were fit (so VVD and Phil Jones can be picked :) I would pick this team

Alison - Shaw, Maguire, VVD, AWB - Fabinho, Pogba, Bruno - Mane, Cavani, Salah

I still rate Mane and Salah ahead of Rashford - at least until Rashford can add 5-6 goals to his tally each season

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Worth pointing out that Liverpool are favourites to win on Sunday at all the bookmakers.

Worth pointing out that Liverpool are favourites to win on Sunday at all the bookmakers.
Game raising cnuts :cool:

Those odds will be based partly on which way the bets are coming in and we all know how bullish the scousers get before a game.

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

Mine would be:

Henderson
AWB
Lindelof
Maguire
Shaw
Fred
McT
Pogba
Bruno
Greenwood
Cavani

I wouldn't have any of their overrated by the media shite. Best team the Premier League has seen my arse!

Giggsy13

Great bump. Just goes to show how deluded the scouser bastards were at their brief time at the top.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I think Alison (debatable), Fabinho, and Salah would get into the present United team. Fabinho is in the form of his life and Salah would instantly improve our right and add goals.
Based on this season that seems about right.

If we were generally building a team between the two to keep going forward then obviously VVD would get in too and I'd take the more talented TAA over AWB at RB. Shaw v Robertson would be competitive.

The decline of Mane and Firmino is the real killer for them. Over the last couple of years they would have walked into a combined team but now I'd much rather have our attackers, even looking beyond this season.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
What makes Danny Mills combined 11 so important that theres a thread dedicated for him?

More importantly who is Danny Mills?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I wonder if anyone in the world outside of Liverpool fans would have Hendo in midfield?

lysglimt

Scout
Strange thinking Alisson has had a better season than either of our keepers.
Well he hasn't - the difference being he was awful for a month, Henderson has never convinced me, and DDG is not as good as he was 3 years ago

diarm

Henderson
Trent Maguire VanDijk Shaw
Fabinho Pogba
Salah ------ Bruno - Rashford
Cavani​

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Based on this season, no one gets in bar Salah and Allison.

Rashford has been better and looked far brighter than Mane, Cavani is twice the player Firmino is, and despite all the stick the likes of Fred/McTominey get, they have had excellent seasons and regularly came up big when needed.

Shaw is the best LB in the league this season and AWB has been far more consistent and reliable than Trent. Lindelof/Maguire both consistently fit and contributing more than any Liverpool option.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Based on this season, no one gets in bar Salah and Allison.

Rashford has been better and looked far brighter than Mane, Cavani is twice the player Firmino is, and despite all the stick the likes of Fred/McTominey get, they have had excellent seasons and regularly came up big when needed.

Shaw is the best LB in the league this season and AWB has been far more consistent and reliable than Trent. Lindelof/Maguire both consistently fit and contributing more than any Liverpool option.
I don’t think Fred & McT have had excellent seasons at all. McT had about 5 or 6 great games, all in a short period of time when we were calling him Scottish Gerrard, the rest of his season has been poor. Fred has been average pretty much all season with a couple of good & bad games scattered around in between.

if we were going to rank our starters seasonal performances I’d have both of them near the bottom.

Shaw & Bruno have had excellent seasons. Pogba (when fit) & Maguire have had excellent 2021’s so far. Greenwood has been excellent in the last month or so.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I don’t think Fred & McT have had excellent seasons at all. McT had about 5 or 6 great games, all in a short period of time when we were calling him Scottish Gerrard, the rest of his season has been poor. Fred has been average pretty much all season with a couple of good & bad games scattered around in between.

if we were going to rank our starters seasonal performances I’d have both of them near the bottom.

Shaw & Bruno have had excellent seasons. Pogba (when fit) & Maguire have had excellent 2021’s so far. Greenwood has been excellent in the last month or so.
They have both had very good games throughout the season and have been very solid most of the time in a side that have only lost 4 times all season. Fred is underrated for me. He gets through a phenomenal amount of work and plays every game.

Thiago has been terrible for Liverpool and none of his partners have had good seasons or many standout games whatsoever. Fabinho has probably the best shout, but again, nothing special.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Picking AWB ahead of TAA :eek:
In general I'd agree but based on this season alone I think it's fair. The fact that AWB has as many goals and only two fewer assists than TAA in the league this season says a lot about the season TAA has had.

dal

—————Allison———————
Trent—Maguire-VanDijk-Shaw
———-Fabinho—Fred—————
Salah ------ Bruno —Rashford
—————Mane————————

Unfortunately they still edge us!

Grealish and Kane would change that though!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
—————Allison———————
———-Fabinho—Fred—————
—————Mane————————

Have you seen the state of those two this season? :lol:

Alexander-Arnold gets found out defensively game after game without the assists to show for it and Mane is being outscored by West Ham's second best defensive mid.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
—————Allison———————
———-Fabinho—Fred—————
—————Mane————————

If it’s based on this season, not a chance TAA and Mane gets in. VVD’s barely featured because of that injury and Fabinho’s played most of the season as an emergency CB.