g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Danny Rose | Rose: "I will play up North before I retire"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
Have I missed something or have Spurs won the league since Fergie retired?
No, but they have won 'almost challenged for the title' trophy and 'finally above Arsenal' trophy. Give me those above FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League every day of the week.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Believe it if you wish, but the post-Berbatov years say otherwise.

And let's take this summer for instance. It's clear that United were after Dier, prior to settling for Matic. And I was told many times by United fans that he was allegedly keen to move - higher wages, blah blah. So what's your excuse as to why you didn't get him?
We manage to sign a superior player which leaves almost everybody happy. United improved their squad more with Matic, Spurs keep Dier. Only Dier is the one who is unhappy. Stuck in the Spurs squad for God knows how many more years on lower wages.

Well, I guess you can't make everyone happy.

Last edited:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The last two seasons

United:

2015/16 FA Cup Winners

2016/17 League Cup Winners

2016/17 Europa League Winners

Spurs

Spurs Players said:
Well if you Google the league standings for the last two seasons we finished above United.
Glaston: Why would anyone want to move from Spurs to United?

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
The last two seasons

United:

2015/16 FA Cup Winners

2016/17 League Cup Winners

2016/17 Europa League Winners

Spurs

Glaston: Why would anyone want to move from Spurs to United?
I don't think any oppo is more bitter about our recent success than Glaston.

You can tell it claws away at him and destroys this weak narrative he spends so much of his life trying to build.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
When Spurs players reach retirement and get a job as a pundit on Sky, when they're first on camera and their name flashes up at the bottom of the screen it'll say underneath "2 X 'finished above United Cup".

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
C'mon guys cut some slack. They put pressure on the title leaders for the last two years. That's more important than any trophy.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It is nice that despite Spurs being a better team than us these past couple of seasons we've still won 3 trophies to their zero.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
When Spurs players reach retirement and get a job as a pundit on Sky, when they're first on camera and their name flashes up at the bottom of the screen it'll say underneath "2 X 'finished above United Cup".
:lol:

They will also mention part of the team that played first in brand new stadium.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
But you have got no problem selling to man city?
Walker was not one of our star players.

In any case we got a record price for a wingback and have both Trippier and Walker-Peters (MoTM in yesterday's game) for that position. So, no. I don't have a problem with selling Walker to City.

prtk0811

Walker was not one of our star players.

In any case we got a record price for a wingback and have both Trippier and Walker-Peters (MoTM in yesterday's game) for that position. So, no. I don't have a problem with selling Walker to City.
Nither was dier, right?

Enigma_87

You know who
And let's take this summer for instance. It's clear that United were after Dier, prior to settling for Matic. And I was told many times by United fans that he was allegedly keen to move - higher wages, blah blah. So what's your excuse as to why you didn't get him?
Clear to whom? If you believe everything the papers write it was "clear" we were after Gaitan and Garay, wasn't the case was it?

You are out of your mind if you think Dier is better than Matic and we "had to settle". :houllier:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
To be fair I'd imagine most people would agree that our 'star' players are Kane, Alli and Eriksen.
Yeah, that's my opinion as well. Depends on your definition of "star" players.

I see this thread has turned into another random Spurs/Utd mess.
For the record I've always liked Spurs. I think it's because as a United fan in my 30s, I grew up detesting Arsenal that I always end up rooting for your club in the NLDs. I think Pochettino has done a brilliant job there. If United were not going to win the league and I had to choose between the other top clubs in the country, Spurs would be my pick.

My sniping at Spurs has more to do with Glaston getting on my tits trying to shove our supposed "unsuccessful" period down our throats. :lol:

AP88

Supports
Man City
Spurs have been absolutely fine without Rose since the new year, so selling him makes a lot of sense. Whoever comes in to replace him - Shaw, Bertrand, Sessegnon - will be developed into an effective cog in the machine by Pocchettino.

They could/should use the money to subsidise pay rises for their real MVP's.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Spurs have been absolutely fine without Rose since the new year, so selling him makes a lot of sense. Whoever comes in to replace him - Shaw, Bertrand, Sessegnon - will be developed into an effective cog in the machine by Pocchettino.

They could/should use the money to subsidise pay rises for their real MVP's.
It's not an outrageous idea to sell him if Poch believes he can be adequately replaced, but I wouldn't let that happen this season since we already lost Walker and it's already so late (season already started). Add this to the way he acted which may encourage others to do the same if they are in a similar situation. It would also send the wrong signal to appear to be bullied into selling.

I don't want to lose Rose though, and he does add an extra dimension Davies just can't do because of his pace and dynamism although Davies is a good player in his own right.

AP88

Supports
Man City
It's not an outrageous idea to sell him if Poch believes he can be adequately replaced, but I wouldn't let that happen this season since we already lost Walker and it's already so late (season already started). Add this to the way he acted which may encourage others to do the same if they are in a similar situation. It would also send the wrong signal to appear to be bullied into selling.

I don't want to lose Rose though, and he does add an extra dimension Davies just can't do because of his pace and dynamism although Davies is a good player in his own right.
Shaw could provide that dynamism if he was brought in as part of a deal; that was one of his key attributes under Pocchettino at Southampton and then Van Gaal in 2015, the capacity to drive forward with purpose.

It's not as if Rose is an absolute assist machine either; most leftbacks with licence to bomb forward in that Spurs team would eclipse Rose's output in that regard. Bertrand, for example, could easily outdo it.

Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Alli and Kane are probably four of the five must-keeps, in addition to Christian Eriksen, who for me is fast developing into the best player in the league; he's beginning to roam and dictate the tempo of games, and is starting to remind me of Scholes.

Everyone else is replaceable with Pocchettino in charge; IMO he's the best player developer and coach in the league. Mourinho is the best tactician and has more nous with regards to pacing a squad over a campaign and managing season-long sustainable pursuits of success, but I think if Pocchettino learns when to take his foot off the intensity pedal, he'll become an elite level manager too.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I don't think any oppo is more bitter about our recent success than Glaston.

You can tell it claws away at him and destroys this weak narrative he spends so much of his life trying to build.
He's just a WUM and contributes nothing to this forum besides delusional pro Spurs views. Never thought I would add anybody to a ignore list on here but it's an absolute pain reading his posts and there's no point replying to him anymore because I think that's the sole reason why he's even active here. If Spurs have a bad season and we're at the top again I expect him to do his old disappearing act which I've heard he used to do back in the Fergie days.

acnumber9

Clear to whom? If you believe everything the papers write it was "clear" we were after Gaitan and Garay, wasn't the case was it?

You are out of your mind if you think Dier is better than Matic and we "had to settle". :houllier:
Probably the same media sources he's happy to ignore when they state Dier wanted to leave.

Devil may care

When I saw all the activity in this thread I was hoping there'd been a posiitve update, but I see just Glaston doing the WUM and get slapped tour again.

barmyarmy

:lol:

Mindhunter

:lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.