Danny Welbeck

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You should stop. This is the player we produced from our academy and he is finally out of his injury nightmare. He is a very good player still with the quality to play for us.
I can only imagine you weren't around for most of Welbz time here.

Like other academy raised player, he did a decent job in the squad for a few seasons, but eventually need to move them on.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I guess it’s some sort of unexplainable hate or something similar developed for some reason.
There's no shame in a player not being good enough.
But it needs to be remembered this is Manchester United, striving to win things.

city-puma

I can only imagine you weren't around for most of Welbz time here.

Like other academy raised player, he did a decent job in the squad for a few seasons, but eventually need to move them on.
Sorry. I watched almost every game he played with us and how he broke into our first team after loan spell with Sunderland.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sorry. I watched almost every game he played with us and how he broke into our first team after loan spell with Sunderland.
How long would you play good academy lads? Until they're 50?

Would you still have Cleverley in midfield? Evans at the back?
Would Wilson be up front etc?

city-puma

We are talking about a squad. This is a team sports. For so many games this season, I think Welback can offer a lot more and a lot of different factors than Cavani has done.

kidbob

Happy for him. Hopefully he can stay fit and have a good end to his career.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We are talking about a squad. This is a team sports. For so many games this season, I think Welback can offer a lot more and a lot of different factors than Cavani has done.
I disagree. Welbeck has done fairly little since he left United. Apart from score against us at any given opportunity.

When Welbeck was here, he was heavily criticised for being a donkey, not being a good finisher, lacking killer instinct, having loose control. Welbeck's level at his prime was for a Europa League team in my opinion.

I hope he continues to do well though, but he isn't the required squad depth we need. If we had him, we would be looking to upgrade still.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I liked him a lot when he was at United. Happy to see him do well again (however he should stop scoring against us!).

Sylar

Rashford is an upgrade on him

His best two games were probably vs Madrid in Fergies last European games

Kostov

Cleverley was never good enough, unlike Evans who would probably still start instead of Lindelof for us.

city-puma

In my opinion, Cleverley is a very, very good player whose career has been hampered by the injuries at the wrong time and the manager transition (Moyes). He is very dynamic, intelligent, and unpredictable, also with a goal threat. Unfortunately, he has not played in a right setup after his initial breakout seasons with us and after he left us.

Velvet Revolver

Interesting to see Welbeck fans come out in glory after yesterdays game. I was surprised to even see he played for Brighton. Also fun fact he was the only player on the pitch yesterday who had a PL medal. SAF's genius is just outstanding.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
In my opinion, Cleverley is a very, very good player whose career has been hampered by the injuries at the wrong time and the manager transition (Moyes). He is very dynamic, intelligent, and unpredictable, also with a goal threat. Unfortunately, he has not played in a right setup after his initial breakout seasons with us and after he left us.
He's a pussy. That's his main issue, he used to have the balls to try to get on the ball, buzz around and make things happen. Then he decided he was going to be Xavi and ended up being Leon Britton.

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
Welbeck was Bambi on ice.
The only player we let go to soon was Evans.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Should never have sold him etc etc

Am certain some posters genuinely believe that.

padzilla

Hipster
A good lad who loves United, won a PL while with the club, has been unlucky with injuries. There hasn't been much from the likes of Rashford or Martial to suggest they are any better than him in any respect apart from having more luck with staying fit.

twitter thread suggester
I love him! He was part of an era where it was fun to be a Man United supporter. I loved seeing his name in the starting eleven.

Josh 76

A good lad who loves United, won a PL while with the club, has been unlucky with injuries. There hasn't been much from the likes of Rashford or Martial to suggest they are any better than him in any respect apart from having more luck with staying fit.
Interesting discussion to have. Danny Welbeck at his prime or Rashford.

I think I would take Welbeck.

Ixion

Interesting discussion to have. Danny Welbeck at his prime or Rashford.

I think I would take Welbeck.
Rashford is 7 years his junior and has more career goals. They're on different levels, Welbeck's prime is 10 goals a season.