Darmian to Juventus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gopher Brown

Once again united buy high and sell low.
Can’t remember the last time we got decent money for anybody since Ronny.

Darmian will be fine in Italy it’s a slow play league that will suit him ( also the reason Pogba looked so good there )
Yes, but no-one buys our best players from us. We want rid of certain ones and that makes it a buyers market.

KetilOwren88

Once again united buy high and sell low.
Can’t remember the last time we got decent money for anybody since Ronny.

Darmian will be fine in Italy it’s a slow play league that will suit him ( also the reason Pogba looked so good there )
Well, the fee we got for Memphis and Schneiderlin were actually very good. We got back what we paid for the Frenchman which is incredible.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think he's a small Serie A club player. He'll do very well at clubs like Torino and co, were the pressure is off, the spot light is elsewhere and people can close an eye on his faults but things get worse at a bigger club. Usually these players will play it safe which of course turns them into a meah player. Taibi was a similar type of player. He was unstoppable at Piacenza only to fail badly at AC Milan, then he recovered his form at Venezia and then moved with us.

Juventus probably know that but they don't care. 12m are peanuts for an Italian international who can play both as RB/LB and on either wingbacks. He's probably desperate to move which means he's ready for a salary cut too.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I think he's a small Serie A club player. He'll do very well at clubs like Torino and co, were the pressure is off, the spot light is elsewhere and people can close an eye on his faults but things get worse at a bigger club. Usually these players will play it safe which of course turns them into a meah player. Taibi was a similar type of player. He was unstoppable at Piacenza only to fail badly at AC Milan, then he recovered his form at Venezia and then moved with us.

Juventus probably know that but they don't care. 12m are peanuts for an Italian international who can play both as RB/LB and on either wingbacks. He's probably desperate to move which means he's ready for a salary cut too.
Yes, that’s it. Of course, United are not getting €20m for him from Marotta and I’d be surprised at €15m indeed. There is really no leverage to be exterted on a squad player wanting out, the only way is swapping for Mandzukic so that both United and Juve can nominally write €15+m off their respective balance sheet without any real money involved.

extincti fugax hominum

Hopefully he stays
Looked for a white text but it didn't show up. I hope you're not serious?

Well, the fee we got for Memphis and Schneiderlin were actually very good. We got back what we paid for the Frenchman which is incredible.
Eh? I didn't remember it that way and Transfermarkt also says, we paid £31.50m (35,00 mil. €) to Southampton for Schneiderlin and sold him to Everton for £20.61m (22,90 mil. €). And Memphis was bought for £30.60m (34,00 mil. €) and sold for £14.40m (16,00 mil. €.) too.

That's how i see Darmian too. He was probably the weakest player mentally at our club in years and not a top club material. The guy is an established Italian international who is nearly 29 but still managed to look like a kid among men. You could tell from the way he played that he definitely lacked the confidence to play at the highest level as even his clearences in defence were a joke. And the less said about his non-existent attacking performance the better.

I don't hate the guy or anything but as some guy said in this thread, other than a couple of games when he first came and in Europa League last season (especially final), he was absolutely shite and useless. Even youngsters like Borthwick Jackson, Donaldo Love, Varela, Fosu Mensah etc. who were 18-19 at the time were chosen ahead of him in his first season let alone Valencia & Young. Maybe playing in a slower tempo league like Serie A will help him as he did very well with Torino according to some here.

mu4c_20le

Eh? I didn't remember it that way and Transfermarkt also says, we paid £31.50m (35,00 mil. €) to Southampton for Schneiderlin and sold him to Everton for £20.61m (22,90 mil. €). And Memphis was bought for £30.60m (34,00 mil. €) and sold for £14.40m (16,00 mil. €.) too.
That must be the final fee including clauses and bonuses like winning the league, according to BBC we only payed 25m up front.

Schneiderlin has moved from fellow Premier League club Southampton for a fee in the region of £25m.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/33511027

Bwuk

Club sticking to its guns. €20m is a fair price.
I’d be very disappointed if I was a fan of another club and we spent €20m on Darmian after seeing what we’ve seen of him at United

stevoc

If the club really are holding out for 20m then they are overpricing him. He obviously isn't in Mourinho's plans and there doesn't seem to be a long list of suitors.

We should just bite the bullet and take the 12m to get him out of the club and off the wage bill.

drdoityourself

Should have snapped their hand off at 12m. We are in no position to be bargaining. A wildly unpopular player who never plays, with little or no reported interest from elsewhere.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Di Marzio saying you're holding out because you don't care about selling. Club's perfectly happy to keep him, player is the one pushing for the move

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Wrong, and we never recouped the money we paid for him.
Who was better?

We got £45m after paying £60m. Losing £15m, or 25%, after just 1 year isn't great, but £45m is still a big amount.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Di Marzio saying you're holding out because you don't care about selling. Club's perfectly happy to keep him, player is the one pushing for the move
Makes sense, Darmian is still good enough as a back up in Jose's eyes and he is on low wages as well compared to other players at the club, £60k a week is my understanding.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

We don't have a need for him, so i can't see why we would be happy to let him be a drain on the wage budget.

I do like us making a stand on the price, hopefully he will go for around 18m or thereabouts.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Who was better?

We got £45m after paying £60m. Losing £15m, or 25%, after just 1 year isn't great, but £45m is still a big amount.
Are you serious? Who was a better player than Di maria?

Have you got about 12 spare sheets of A4 paper? I thought he was absolute dross playing for us, wild shots, scuffed passes. Half of the stuff he did was either purely accidental or fluke.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Are you serious? Who was a better player than Di maria?

Have you got about 12 spare sheets of A4 paper? I thought he was absolute dross playing for us, wild shots, scuffed passes. Half of the stuff he did was either purely accidental or fluke.
I'm talking about his quality, not how most of the season panned out for him while here.

Doracle

About £12 million would be a fair price for Darmian. Hopefully, it will get through soon as he’s doing nothing for us currently.

manutddjw

I’m all for us haggling but Juventus won’t budge and the important thing is to just get rid. It’s just not going to work for Darmian here, give him his dream move and move on. Plus he wants to go back to Italy and the few Serie A clubs that could actually pay the 20M we are asking aren’t interested apparently.

AkaAkuma

I think both Juve and Spurs have a busy transfer window ahead with transfers all tied to one another - whether thats buying at a fee to make the next possible, buying while a player is still in the market and selling to make it all happen.

They are short on time, so no point making it easy for them when perhaps we may have an interest in a couple of their players.

Also it seems the alternative to Darmian is Cancelo, on the market for 40M and reportedly in talks with Wolves.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
I'm talking about his quality, not how most of the season panned out for him while here.
I really don't know where you're going with this tbh....

Anyways, Damian, the Italian Elvis, any fee worth throwing at someone else, plus the wages.

Henry Gaervell

12 Euros seems a bit low, but 20 is slightly high.

Meeting in the middle for £15m would seem fair to me.

Kostov

I'd sell him for a bag of chips, but I hate how Juventus always try to get the cheap deal, so feck them. 20m or feck off. we can sell him for peanuts to half Italy.

rampo

I think we are just posturing on this - we will try and include him as part of swap deal for Sandro. IMO, we are just stalling so that we can wind off Fred, Dalot and move on to this

haram

Juve wanted him when he was at Torino as well. They can pay more than 12 million.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's a fecking Italian international and still at a decent age. How do some of you run your businesses? €12m is less than £10m if you guys didn't realise . There's a fair chance he'll start for Juve. He's not a terrible player, just isn't built for this league. Club have every right to demand more than what Juve are offering. If they don't like, they can pay €40m for Cancelo.

extincti fugax hominum

By far the most successful club in Italy. 7 consecutive Scudettos since 2011. 2 CL finals in that period too. So, no problem about money. But still looking for ways how not to pay a couple of millions for an Italian international.

Feck these penny pinchers; make it 30 million. Take it or leave it. As said, we can sell him for peanuts to half Italy. We are not in an immediate need for money anyway. And if we want Alex Sandro, then we should try get him first to see their approach when selling players. I'm sure they'll try to squeeze the most money out from the sales of Alex Sandro & the likes of Dybala.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
12 million Euros in this market is ridiculous. He's still a decent defender and would excel in the Italian league. At 28, low wages and with 36 international caps, he's easily worth £20 million. Juve, the cheap bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.