Darmian to Juventus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Cannot wait for it to be confirmed. Can't remember the last player we had who was this badly dead wood.

Judas

Open to offers
Don't be fooled by the player we saw here. I've watched him for Italy and he's like a different player, think he'll do well in Italy but it's probably a case of him not being suited to our game.
Completely agree. He'll look like the player we hoped he would be for us when he signs for Juve. It's a shame it's not worked out for him over here.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Luke Shaw.
Despite his numerous set-backs, for me he's still at least shown some promise. I know it was only 7 games before his leg break but he looked superb. Also he doesn't have those tragic sideburns.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Despite his numerous set-backs, for me he's still at least shown some promise. I know it was only 7 games before his leg break but he looked superb. Also he doesn't have those tragic sideburns.
So, let me get this straight (I may have misunderstood) - apologies in advance, if I have.
You are suggesting that 7 good games in 4 years is promising?
WTF man!

I'd pick Darmian over Shaw any day, every day. At least he stays fit and can defend, a little. Shaw can't last more than 60 minutes without getting severe cramp and other (poor) fitness related issues.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So, let me get this straight (I may have misunderstood) - apologies in advance, if I have.
You are suggesting that 7 good games in 4 years is promising?
WTF man!

I'd pick Darmian over Shaw any day, every day. At least he stays fit and can defend, a little. Shaw can't last more than 60 minutes without getting severe cramp and other (poor) fitness related issues.
Someone can have 7 promising games yes but it’s also taking into account his Southampton form and his first season with us when he wasn’t exactly awful. Plus he at least gets forward. Farmland was terrified of attacking.

Edit: Autocorrect called him Farmland but I’ll keep it that way.

stevoc

Everyone has fans. There are some Fellaini fans on here. Pretty sure you can find some Moyes boys if you dig deep
Thats true though with Fellaini he has fans because he's a hard worker, Moyes because some drank Fergies kool-aid. I understand why they have fans.

But with Darmian i just don't get it, he literally has nothing and has shown nothing for United for 3 years. Can't or more likely won't attack, can barely defend, shite stamina, shite work rate and doesn't even seem arsed most games. He's just there.

Bwuk

Don’t even overly care about the fee - just get rid.

Fosu-Mensah, Tuanzebe or any of the youth team deserve games ahead of him. Darmian has been woeful for us. Epitomises the LvG signings for me.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Seems like a top bloke but at the same time epitomizes the mediocrity we ve been fed for a few years. Could probably be very good somewhere else in a team that already has pace elsewhere but we have enough stagnant players on this team to keep a spot for him on the roster.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Sell him at a cut-price to Juve in order to try and get a deal for Alex Sandro over the line. If they can get back what they paid for him (taking in to account the market inflation since then, but his advancing age and the fact he's shite) that would be a good deal.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Why is this sale taking so damn long? Is he on a long slow walk to Turin?
Jose needs to be ruthless when removing deadwood (and of course replace them).

I don't like using Pep as an example, as I like to focus on our own club/manager/players, but when he arrived at MCFC, he was ruthless in getting rid of players he did not want.
Jose needs to do the same, because right now, we are heading for a 4th place dogfight.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

I don't like using Pep as an example, as I like to focus on our own club/manager/players, but when he arrived at MCFC, he was ruthless in getting rid of players he did not want.
Jose needs to do the same, because right now, we are heading for a 4th place dogfight.
We want to get the best available fee for him, plenty of clubs are interested so we don't feel forced into his sale. Once someone matches our valuation, he'll leave. We've been taken for mugs too many times when it comes to selling players for pennies then being charged ridiculous amounts when trying to purchase players, nice to see us planting our feet. Since Mourinho's come in we've cleared out deadwood like Blind, Schneiderlin and Depay and received respectable fees for each.

acnumber9

He was only able to get rid of the likes of Clichy, Sagna, Toure and Zabaleta when their contracts ran out. He also has the benefit of working for a club who do not need to balance their books.

Havak

Pokemon master
Any talk of how much the expected fee is? We actually made a small profit on Daley Blind to Ajax which even in this day and age seems a bit ridiculous. It just shows how much better we have become at selling players. Napoli joining the fray is only good news as we will likely make a profit on Darmian now too (he cost about £13million, I am expecting £15m+ at this rate). Pretty amazing stuff when they're nothing but squad players to us and barely put in a youth player's expected game-time between them last season.

Edit: Just seen Jueventus' first offer was reportedly close to £12million. We seem to be trying to push for closer to £17million and they have upped their original offer at least once. Napoli joining in probably means we're waiting to see who is willing to go closer to the club's valuation. Expect Juventus to win-out at £15million.

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Like ac said, quite a few of the players they got rid of either had their contracts run out or were terminated and left on a free. They've still got Mangala and Hart and are struggling to find buyers for those.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He was only able to get rid of the likes of Clichy, Sagna, Toure and Zabaleta when their contracts ran out. He also has the benefit of working for a club who do not need to balance their books.
Understood.

But do bear in mind that we were renewing contracts of some of our deadwood.
Shaw for example, is currently on a contract extension. We could've just let him expire.
There were some other (deadwood) players who had their contracts extended.
The reason why I am talking about the deadwood, is that I believe that the board have said that to buy new players, we need to sell our existing ones, to manage our wage bill (which is one of the biggest in the World).

acnumber9

Understood.

But do bear in mind that we were renewing contracts of some of our deadwood.
Shaw for example, is currently on a contract extension. We could've just let him expire.
There were some other (deadwood) players who had their contracts extended.
The reason why I am talking about the deadwood, is that I believe that the board have said that to buy new players, we need to sell our existing ones, to manage our wage bill (which is one of the biggest in the World).
I don’t think that’s Mourinho’s decision though. United are run as a business. Man City aren’t so he’s got a tougher job getting rid of players. I don’t believe for a minute that he wouldn’t have got rid of players like Darmian a long time ago if he could.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s still here because we seem to be the only team who feels he’s worth 20m.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Just get rid ffs. If anyone offers 10m+, bite their hand off.

Djemba-Djemba

It was clear he wasn't good enough by the end of his first season.

So the fact he's still playing games for Utd over 2 years later is ridiculous.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It was clear he wasn't good enough by the end of his first season.

So the fact he's still playing games for Utd over 2 years later is ridiculous.
We're the club who have Marouane Fellaini going into his 6th season. This is the new Manchester United.

stevoc

He’s still here because we seem to be the only team who feels he’s worth 20m.
Just get rid ffs. If anyone offers 10m+, bite their hand off.
Yep the clubs valuation of him seems to be a bit delusional. Hopefully they wise up before the end of the window. Dread the thought of him here for another year.

Sanche7

If the Valencia injury is serious this sale could be in doubt as Dalot is out till September.
If Valencia is out, Darmian mighty even get a new contact :nervous:

ti vu

Yep the clubs valuation of him seems to be a bit delusional. Hopefully they wise up before the end of the window. Dread the thought of him here for another year.
If we sell him for cheap, but can't match the asking price from selling clubs, it would be better?

The reality is the issue does not lie with our asking price (negotiable when we're interested in Sandro). One big issue is PL clubs were at disadvantage in transfer market. Clubs from other league can play hard ball. For example in Sandro case, if we won't match the asking price & even if Juventus fails to get their asking price, at the deadline of the UEFA transfer windo, Juventus can still sell Sandro to PSG for final offer we make. Juventus lose nothing. Selling Darmian to Juventus for what Juventus offered, doesn't necessarily mean they would sell Sandro to us for cheap! They're still entitled to demand whatever they want.

Last edited:

MadMike

If the Valencia injury is serious this sale could be in doubt as Dalot is out till September.
If Valencia is out, Darmian mighty even get a new contact :nervous:
That makes 0 sense, so it fails even as a joke. They might decide to keep him till Jan or till the end of his contract next summer, but why would they offer him a new deal.

Also Young, being a right-footed player, can play on RB quite fine so long as there's someone else to cover the LB. Like Shaw and/or a new arrival. There's still no reason to retain Darmian.

Reliable?
Evidently not, huh?

stevoc

If we sell him for cheap, but can't match the asking price from selling clubs, it would be better?

The reality is the issue does not lie that our asking price (negotiable when we're interested in Sandro). One big issue is PL clubs were at disadvantage in transfer market. Clubs form other league can play hard ball. For example in Sandro case, if we won't match the asking price & even if Juventus fails to get their asking price, at the end of the UEFA normal deadline dayk, Juventus can still sell Sandro to PSG for final offer we make. Juventus lose nothing. Selling Darmian to Juventus at Juventus fee, doesn't necessarily mean they would sell Sandro to us for cheap! They're still entitled to demand whatever they want.
I can see where you're coming from, but personally i don't particularly care about Sandro. Yeah singing a good LB would be great but i'm not convinced we're actually in for him.

I see the Darmian sale as a separate issue and one which i hope i resolved quickly the soon the better in fact.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I've spent 2 seasons watching him and have seen nothing whatsoever that should interest Juventus. He was the worst player on the pitch yesterday.

Does he have some incredible agent in Italy or something?! Are those awful sideburns actually cool? Nothing makes sense anymore.

stevoc

I've spent 2 seasons watching him and have seen nothing whatsoever that should interest Juventus. He was the worst player on the pitch yesterday.

Does he have some incredible agent in Italy or something?! Are those awful sideburns actually cool? Nothing makes sense anymore.
He's been so bad you've blanked one of his seasons out of your memory mate. He's amazingly been at United for 3 years now.

Also i think calling those things on his face sideburns is being generous. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.