Darren Fletcher

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Post the contents, not the fecking link. Stop giving that shit rag hits. It's bad enough most on here are reading it.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I don't think a player can come back, after the amount of time he's been unable to train for, in the modern game. I really hope I'm wrong. Before his condition took hold, he had become a fantastic player.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I don't think a player can come back, after the amount of time he's been unable to train for, in the modern game. I really hope I'm wrong. Before his condition took hold, he had become a fantastic player.
A midfield of Carrick, Fletcher(at his best), Fellaini, Cleverly, Anderson is really good in depth and good quality too IMO.

Amir

A midfield of Carrick, Fletcher(at his best), Fellaini, Cleverly, Anderson is really good in depth and good quality too IMO.
Yeah, except ever having Fletcher at his best is unlikely, and you never know what you get from Anderson. So that's Carrick, Fellaini, Cleverley and a lot of maybes.

Christ, I found myself excited for a moment writing a new name among our midfielders, despite all the doubts about him!

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Love Darren Fletcher but he is done, no way would he ever be able to return to the form or even get near the form he had been in before going injured. Such a shame.

gaz1185

Manchester United also left a pair of recognizable faces off their squad sheet.
That Darren Fletcher will play no part in this season’s Champions League is hardly surprising given his chronic bowel problem, and just last month he banned himself from the club’s Carrington training ground saying it was “difficult being there when you are not actually training.”

But United’s decision to register only two goalkeepers is rather curious. David de Gea and Anders Lindegaard got the nods obviously, but there was no place for Ben Amos
Can't see him being back in November.

Amir

As if we would have the time to get Fletcher up to speed through matches - league, cup, europe, whatever - in a few months. It's just not going to happen. If he's lucky and actually fit maybe he'll get a loan deal to the Championship or something and we'll evaluate things against next summer, but it's so bloody unlikely.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Great to see everybody knows more than Darren, his doctors, and the club.

Cina

I know right, you'd swear he hadn't played football properly in three years or something.

Stretch

Great news this. Really hope he can get back and contribute somehow. Even if it is only from the bench and as a back up until he's up to some sort of speed. So sad what happened to him.

Amir

If they say he can be healthy and fit for football, I've got nothing to argue with. Getting him up to scratch mid-season for United after missing so much football is just not going to happen. I don't think you need to be a part of United to realise how much this is a long shot.

Varun

Staff

Dont really need to be a club doctor to see how difficult it will be for him to get back to a level good enough to play for us after everything's that has happened. It isnt just about being able to play again but about being able to play for us again.

Hellboy

Unfortunately Darren is finished at the top level. It's a shame because he was one our best players between 2008-2010.

SATA

He's back training? That's very encouraging

Wouldn't push it too far, but hope he has a part to play in the second half of the season

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I've just wiped him from my memory, despite considerable affection for him. I can't believe he can come back. That way I can't be disappointed.

Ekeke

I'd like to see him play a few more games for United but I have realistic expectations of what level he will be

walsh

I really think if he can get fit again, he'd be best served going on loan to the Championship at least until January to see how he gets on. Great to see him back training again either way.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I really think if he can get fit again, he'd be best served going on loan to the Championship at least until January to see how he gets on. Great to see him back training again either way.
I understand the thinking behind your suggestion ... but games in midfield in the championship demand a different type of fitness, as they are less skilful and more frenetic.

I'd keep him to a regular series of reserve, dead end CL and CC Cup matches. Will be more than enough game time there to rediscover fitness and form. It would be magic to have him back as an option for the squad.

NoLogo

If it wasn't Fletcher I would say "needs to bulk up" but hey he has always been a skinny fecker and never seemed to have problems with the physical play in the PL.

I don't know if he will ever be as good as he once was for us but let's all hope for the best.