Darts

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Who you backing this week?

Joe Cullen won back to back Pro tours at the weekend could be the man to beat.
Cullen is the only reason I haven’t tipped MVG.

Going with Clayton again! Think his side of the draw is a little nicer. MVG, Price, Cullen I can’t choose between.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Never really rated him and thought Van Gerwyn would dominate for a decade but what a player he his. Started as a pantomime villain but the guy is top notch for the last few years.

sallycinnamin

Sensational standard at the darts last night. Wade some longevity through the years. As for Price darts from another planet.

Berbasbullet

Sensational standard at the darts last night. Wade some longevity through the years. As for Price darts from another planet.
When 100 average seems low you know it’s a brilliant night. Getting knocked out with 105 average seems rather cruel :lol:

sallycinnamin

Would like to hear people's opinions or thoughts on the new format, good, bad or indifferent. I feel before there were players if they secured a point could be 4 legs up and then folded because a draw was enough for them. I do miss the wild cards probably more so for atmosphere big John Henderson in Aberdeen springs to mind.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Quite a night for him

Berbasbullet

Would like to hear people's opinions or thoughts on the new format, good, bad or indifferent. I feel before there were players if they secured a point could be 4 legs up and then folded because a draw was enough for them. I do miss the wild cards probably more so for atmosphere big John Henderson in Aberdeen springs to mind.
I really like it, I was at the Cardiff matches the other week and it made everything matter. Only criticism is how fast the matches keep rolling by but that’s inevitable.

sallycinnamin

I really like it, I was at the Cardiff matches the other week and it made everything matter. Only criticism is how fast the matches keep rolling by but that’s inevitable.
Agreed the fastness of matches are rolling so quickly because everything matters and when you're out you're gone. Last night was something else though an absolute privilege to watch. Wouldn't go to the 3 Arena Dublin much prefer Grand Prix at the CityWest but hasn't been there for a while now due to Covid but hopefully back in October.

Berbasbullet

Agreed the fastness of matches are rolling so quickly because everything matters and when you're out you're gone. Last night was something else though an absolute privilege to watch. Wouldn't go to the 3 Arena Dublin much prefer Grand Prix at the CityWest but hasn't been there for a while now due to Covid but hopefully back in October.
The quality is out of this world right now, feel like anyone can beat anyone, Wade could easily have beaten Price last night.

paulscholes18

It’s alright at the moment, my main issue with it is come finals night the chances are you would have seen the same match up 6+ times in the 17 weeks, where with how the premier league was you just saw the same match up 3 times.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
It’s alright at the moment, my main issue with it is come finals night the chances are you would have seen the same match up 6+ times in the 17 weeks, where with how the premier league was you just saw the same match up 3 times.
I'm usually not slow to complain about the PDC but this works. You will see the same matchups through the year anyway.

This format works at least for this year.

sallycinnamin

What's happening with tonight in Berlin? Is it postponed?
Onto Exeter next week so if that's the case.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Just watching a bit of the International Darts Open- Wade is immense beating Huybrechts 6-1, with 164 and 170 checkouts. He was averaging over 107 and looking amazing until a couple of crappy last legs. Price looking in real form too, destroying Damon Heta (who looks like a serial killer btw).

sallycinnamin

Some few days coming up.
Premier League @ Exeter tonight.
Tomorrow ITV4 The 'F.A Cup of Darts' :The UK Open and all across the weekend.
Peter Wright and Gerwen Price who will be number one?

Berbasbullet

I just bumped into Van Gerwen in town :lol: had a very awkward interaction with him

Berbasbullet

:lol:What did you say?
I shouted his name a few times to get his attention, he stopped and stared, it got very awkward quickly as he didn’t say anything, so I panicked and said I’m going to the darts tonight, he continued to stare at me blankly, so I quickly asked for a photo, took one, wished him good luck and ran. :lol:
What ever you said to him has seemed to have worked, probably hoping to bump into you more often
I take full credit for tonight!

I also made some sweet sweet money predicting an MVG win. 3/4 for me now :D it’s quite fun putting a few pound on and supporting someone.

Last edited:

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I shouted his name a few times to get his attention, he stopped and stared, it got very awkward quickly as he didn’t say anything, so I panicked and said I’m going to the darts tonight, he continued to stare at me blankly, so I quickly asked for a photo, took one, wished him good luck and ran. :lol:

I take full credit for tonight!

I also made some sweet sweet money predicting an MVG win. 3/4 for me now :D it’s quite fun putting a few pound on and supporting someone.
:lol:He didn't say anything? Wonder how often he gets stopped like that? He's pretty distinctive looking so easy to spot.

Ffs Barney, messing up eight match darts.