Darts

sallycinnamin

Rest in peace Eric some memories, some character, not only his darting genius but his head for counting as Taylor once said the best ever counter, he knew every combination, permutation of finishing and what was required and had the talent, the arrogance and the craft to go with it. Genius.

paulscholes18

Mensur won the German masters, beat Van den Bergh in the final 8-2 Dimitri beat MVG and Anderson on the way to the final

paulscholes18

Anyone watch the World Cup tonight, China had a woman playing for them she wasn’t that bad TBF but did hit a S12 going for D20 :lol:
Austria got KO by Japan, there was a time where I thought Mensur was going to throw his parter at the board

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Anyone watch the World Cup tonight, China had a woman playing for them she wasn’t that bad TBF but did hit a S12 going for D20 :lol:
Austria got KO by Japan, there was a time where I thought Mensur was going to throw his parter at the board
:lol:Shite I've totally missed this. What channel is it on? Can't see it anywhere.

paulscholes18

Got the Shanghai masters on, I spoiled the result for myself accidentally, as I only noticed it was on at 20:00, so I went to look at yesterday’s matches and as it’s a type delay it came up with who won the tournament :mad:

Jippy

Staff
Got the Shanghai masters on, I spoiled the result for myself accidentally, as I only noticed it was on at 20:00, so I went to look at yesterday’s matches and as it’s a type delay it came up with who won the tournament :mad:
I did that for the Aussie or NZ one a while back:mad:
Isn't it the Blackpool one today? In Belgium so doubt I'll get to see it.

paulscholes18

I did that for the Aussie or NZ one a while back:mad:
Isn't it the Blackpool one today? In Belgium so doubt I'll get to see it.
Yes, MVG has been KO by De Zwaan, not quite sure why they tried to made it as one of the biggest shocks ever though, De Zwaan beat MVG 10-8 at the UK Open and a much better player than his 68 ranking shows they only harder draw to me would have been Kyle Anderson.
Also wins for Jackpot, Chizzy and Bully Boy

Jippy

Staff
Yes, MVG has been KO by De Zwaan, not quite sure why they tried to made it as one of the biggest shocks ever though, De Zwaan beat MVG 10-8 at the UK Open and a much better player than his 68 ranking shows they only harder draw to me would have been Kyle Anderson.
Also wins for Jackpot, Chizzy and Bully Boy
Oh wow he beat him again. Always more interesting when MVG is out in many ways.

sallycinnamin

Sure was, thought it was going to be one sided when Kim was 4-1 up at the first break, but Hendo came back and had a dart to win it (all you can ask for as a dart player)
Predictions for tonight? Especially Anderson v Barney and Smith v Chisnall. Anderson and Smith obvious favourites but Barney on his mettle can be inspired and seems to usually play well against Anderson.

paulscholes18

Predictions for tonight? Especially Anderson v Barney and Smith v Chisnall. Anderson and Smith obvious favourites but Barney on his mettle can be inspired and seems to usually play well against Anderson.
Smith will still be on a high from the other week beating MVG and Cross back to back to win the Shanghai masters expect he will have too much for Chizzy Smith to win 11-7

RVB with new darts and a sub-par performance vs Kyle Anderson, Gary Anderson scored as well as ever Vs Bunting Gando to win 11-7

Not seen Lewis play since the World championship so don’t know what form he is in, I have been impressed when I have seen De Zwaan play, slight surprise going for De Zwaan to win 11-8

Gurney had 11 lives Vs West don’t expect he will need any today Gurney to beat Cullen 11-8

sallycinnamin

Looking forward to tonight and the matches especially interested to see what way Wright v Huybrechts goes.

paulscholes18

Mensur Vs Anderson in the final, Anderson doesn’t have a fantastic record vs Suljovic (4-4) so expecting a Vs close match, do think Anderson will win though

Jippy

Staff
Mensur Vs Anderson in the final, Anderson doesn’t have a fantastic record vs Suljovic (4-4) so expecting a Vs close match, do think Anderson will win though
Would imagine Ando hates playing him, given his slowness and histrionics. He'll need to keep his concentration, but yeah he has to be big favourite.

sallycinnamin

Top 8 players in two group: A and B.

Sat 22/10/18 BBC 1 @ 13.15 - 16.30 BST

Rob Cross v Mensur Suljovic

Peter Wright v Simon Whitlock

Gary Anderson v Daryl Gurney

Michael Van Gerwen v Dave Chisnall.

sallycinnamin

Anderson when throwing like that is a joy to watch. Just a great Sunday of darts. Roll on the City-West in Dublin this week for The World Grand Prix.