g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Darts

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Cross was phenomenal tonight and has been right through the tournament. Well deserved win. I'm not Taylor's biggest fan but there's no question that the man is the greatest darts player of all time and he changed the game.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
What a win. Fairytale story and good on Cross for doing it in such fashion in the final.

As for Taylor he's been a great player and we probably won't see the like again but he comes across as a horrible, bitter bloke. Most of the very best are terrible losers but Taylor's been a bad winner too on many occasions. Lately I've felt uncomfortable and embarrassed listening to his rambling and whinging in interviews so as much of a legend of the game he is I'm glad to see the back of him.

Phil was very gracious in defeat.
Yes he was, now the pressure to compete is off maybe he'll turn over a new leaf. He doesn't need lectures from the likes of me about how to conduct himself but I hope he'll reflect that in retirement the antics and needle are no longer necessary, he's the best of all-time and can just enjoy it now.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Phil was very gracious in defeat.
Unusually so. He's been saying he can't do what he wants to for a while now.
Cross was phenomenal. His rise has been amazing and I finally warmed to him a bit tonight- so humble in victory.
Staggering lack of nerves, given the pressure and emotion.
That trophy looks like it weighs a metric tonne!

Jippy

Staff
Price in the PL bit surprised about that
Not really. Saying that, no Lewis is a shock, albeit he is awful in the PL. Maybe van den Bergh as a wild card?
Whitlock a bit of a surprise, looks a bit spent, but glad to see Smith back in. Hope he can handle this time, now he's more experienced.
Kind of good they mix it up tbf.

2018 Unibet Premier League
Competitors (in alphabetical order)
Gary Anderson
Rob Cross
Daryl Gurney
Gerwyn Price
Michael Smith
Mensur Suljovic
Raymond van Barneveld
Michael van Gerwen
Simon Whitlock
Peter Wright

cyberman

Felt sad for Phil, a world final and he was so embarrassed he acted like a pub player v a top professional in an exhibition.
Sarcastically cheering every leg won, jokingly feigning shock at a Cross miss or making a show of saying "What can I do?"

Jippy

Staff
Felt sad for Phil, a world final and he was so embarrassed he acted like a pub player v a top professional in an exhibition.
Sarcastically cheering every leg won, jokingly feigning shock at a Cross miss or making a show of saying "What can I do?"
Yeah, I think it showed he is defo ready to go.

paulscholes18

Think 17yr old Justin Van Tergouw may be the best U21 in the world, his 93 avg in the boys Final was only beaten by 3 players in the men’s 1st round (and 2 of them were in the same match). It’s time for him to make the step up

sallycinnamin

Think 17yr old Justin Van Tergouw may be the best U21 in the world, his 93 avg in the boys Final was only beaten by 3 players in the men’s 1st round (and 2 of them were in the same match). It’s time for him to make the step up
Saw glimpses yesterday of him and what a prospect. Did you watch Durrant v Mc Geeney yesterday?

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I was at Lakeside during the week and there were strong rumours going around that the board apart from Des are stepping down and he will remain as temporary chairman.

Also the event is in serious doubt next year - Channel 4 not committed and if it does survive it may not even be at the Lakeside.

Last edited:

sallycinnamin

Premier league @ Three Arena Dublin tonight, don't know if their will be " the walk on girls" after the Presidents Club etc but on the darts side strange no Chizzy, Lewis or Wade and even stranger still no Taylor. A new era begins.

Abizzz

Wonder what pissed him off so much
No clue what happened there either, but Lewis comes across as a right cxnt.

"U try and piss me off, i'm telling ya" As if he wasn't already an overweight 40 year old in a too large shirt with "Jackpot" printed all over :lol:. Love the darts, hope MVG and Cross wipe the floor with him when he's back.

paulscholes18

Lewis is free to play darts again, 3k fine and a 3 month suspended ban

Last edited:

Jippy

Staff
No clue what happened there either, but Lewis comes across as a right cxnt.

"U try and piss me off, i'm telling ya" As if he wasn't already an overweight 40 year old in a too large shirt with "Jackpot" printed all over :lol:. Love the darts, hope MVG and Cross wipe the floor with him when he's back.
Peak Lewis is great watch though, even if he can be an arse.

Abizzz

Peak Lewis is great watch though, even if he can be an arse.
Yes true. Watching him on his way to the final of the world championship 2 years ago was impressing ( I only really watch the wc intensely, the rest of the year it's rather sporadically, so I'm bound to miss a lot of good stuff...). But still, I know for whom i'll Cross my fingers when he faces him :).

paulscholes18

Pipe got a 3k fine for coughing when Smith was throwing for a double and also a £250 fine for swearing in an ITV4 interview in November

paulscholes18

Tonight’s Premier league
Mensur V Smith
Gurney V Price
Wright V Cross
Anderson V MVG
Whitlock V RVB

Rob Cross who had lost 6 games in a row and was in danger of not making the UK open make the final of the UK open qualifiers losing 6-4 to King Cadby handing him his 1st PDC Title

paulscholes18

:lol:How do they prove it was a deliberate cough?
Don’t think he helped himself with his post match interview, saying how he felt it was his right and not Smith’s to play Taylor, and how much he wanted to play Taylor in his last world championship. But saying that Bernie Smith said he didn’t hear anything

Anderson V Wright was very good, apart from that the other 4 were very one sided

Jippy

Staff
Don’t think he helped himself with his post match interview, saying how he felt it was his right and not Smith’s to play Taylor, and how much he wanted to play Taylor in his last world championship. But saying that Bernie Smith said he didn’t hear anything

Anderson V Wright was very good, apart from that the other 4 were very one sided
Fair enough. I've missed all the PL this season with hols and work events.
Just funny that we're debating leg-breaker tackles in football, but farts and coughs in darts.

paulscholes18

The premier league cancelled yesterday and The UK Open is being played behind closed doors with only friends and family allowed in.

Jippy

Staff
The premier league cancelled yesterday and The UK Open is being played behind closed doors with only friends and family allowed in.
Hell of a day though by the sound of it with MVG, RVB, Lewis and Wright all out.

Title is wide open and looks like Huybrechts is beating Gurney, so I'm hoping Ando can clean it up.

paulscholes18

Cross V Gando in the QF for me the winner from that match wins the tournament
Price V Cadby
Owen V Part nice to see John Part in the last 8
Pallett V West
Bet you would have long odds on 2 out of Pallett, West, Owen and Part being in the SF

Jippy

Staff
Weird match between Ando and Cross. Ando no 180 til the 15th leg.
Dunno if it's the weird atmos with no crowd that's made this toyrnament so unpredictable.
Ando-Cadby final would be interesting.

paulscholes18

Gurney V Cross was a cracker Gurney was 3-1 down came back to win 7-5 with 9 180s, both well over the 100 avg

ChrisNelson

What a bloody awful couple of days for sport.

RIP Eric - I love darts and you did more than most to make it the game it is today.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Sad couple of days, bristow and Wilkins were both great sportsmen when i was growing up