Darts

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Fantastic from Anderson, love watching him in that form.
Great come back from Wright to beat MVG in the semi's. It just took too much out of him for the final.

paulscholes18

Anyone following the Grand Prix @ CityWest in Dublin this week?
Seen bits of it, today is the first time I’m able to watch a days play
Not a fan of Adrian Lewis’ new throw to me just doesn’t seem to suit him throwing that slowly
James Wade, what has happened to his action, at times it was like watching a left handed Jocky Wilson, a far cry from his peak 07-10 form.
I like Mensur’s chances hits D14 easier then most people can hit a S20

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Seen bits of it, today is the first time I’m able to watch a days play
Not a fan of Adrian Lewis’ new throw to me just doesn’t seem to suit him throwing that slowly
James Wade, what has happened to his action, at times it was like watching a left handed Jocky Wilson, a far cry from his peak 07-10 form.
I like Mensur’s chances hits D14 easier then most people can hit a S20
MVG seems back in form. I only saw the Ando-Gurney match. Bit of needle with them both telling each other to eff off.

paulscholes18

European championship is on, no real unmissable games tonight though, but Lewis v Chizzy is on tomorrow afternoon

ChrisNelson

Wade about to face Whitlock in the Final after beating Hopp 11-10.

Bit of a reaction at the end, not sure what he expected playing a German player in Germany... he was always going to be playing the crowd as well as the player.

Difficult Final to call, reckon it could be a close one but could be a disadvantage for Wade with less of a break having gone the full 21 legs in his semi-final.

sallycinnamin

Been so long for Wadey his name was on the trophy considering the amount of match darts missed against him. Well deserved and more darts again this weekend.

ChrisNelson

Yeah I think once he'd come through that battle in the semi-final he could come through anything. He was in truth troubled a lot less by Whitlock than he was by Hopp.

The birth of his first kid seems to have had a fairly positive impact on him and his darts, I think over the last few years on occasions his head hasn't always been in the right place so hopefully he will settle down now.

At one point for a long time he was the 2nd most successful PDC player ever behind Taylor in terms of titles won, I'm assuming Anderson & MvG at the very least have now surpassed him but he's still a top player.

sallycinnamin

I assume Gary Anderson and a few other big guns will be playing this weekend and I think the standard will crank up a good bit. Looking forward to it.

paulscholes18

Wait 6 years for a T.V ranking major and 2 come along at once

Wade beats Smith 11-10
Smith missed 5 match darts

sallycinnamin

Got the semis and the final today, it's been a long time since I seen Wadey throw like that but great to see him back and it is true that a televised major is only a matter of time for Smith.

ChrisNelson

Don't the top 2 in each Group qualify? So MvG second in the Group with one match to go, he will still be confident of making it through.

cyberman

Is Mardle best friends with Anderson or anything? He's always incredibly biases towards him.
Price just hit a 3 dart checkout and silence from Wayne lol

cyberman

Anderson is just as bad IMO. I don't want to see Price get all of the blame here.

ChrisNelson

What a thoroughly unlikeable person Gerwyn Price is. He had a warning from Russ Bray in the match against Whitlock - and let's be honest it's very rare to see the ref do that - and he decided to just carry on being a complete c0ckwomble.

Celebrating scoring 81 like he'd won the whole tournament was pathetic. I know the only thing that matters is winning, but taking the joy he seems to do from getting in people's heads and upsetting them won't win him any friends, in fact I'm not sure he has many on the circuit, possibly some of the Welsh players?

Having said that, the top players should be capable of ignoring it, if not then they need to learn within the next few weeks or he will do some damage at the Ally Pally.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Anderson should win that match every day but again showed weak mentality as he has done many times before.

I don't like Price but have no problem with him playing games up there. Lots of the greats did it.

ChrisNelson

Raymond van Barneveld to retire in 2020 according to the BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/46261332

Five-time world darts champion Raymond van Barneveld says he will retire after the 2020 PDC World Championship.

The 51-year-old Dutchman, known widely as 'Barney', is one of only three players to win five world titles.

He won the British Darts Organisation (BDO) title in 1998, 1999, 2003 and 2005 before moving to the Professional Darts Corporation and beating Phil Taylor in the 2007 final.

"I noticed in myself that I can't keep up any more," said Van Barneveld.
Legend of the game, strange to announce the retirement so far in advance though??

Brinky

Raymond van Barneveld to retire in 2020 according to the BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/46261332

Legend of the game, strange to announce the retirement so far in advance though??
I believe Phil Taylor did the same, announced retirement after Worlds 2018 in January 2017, so 12 months in advance, so this appears to be basically the same, two more attempts at a World Championship for Barney.

cyberman

Price is a strange one. I was reading a thread on Twitter saying he wasn't actually breaking any of the rules, that Anderson was initiating the contact with his usual rule breaking tactic of rushing the exclusion zone when his opponent throws his third dart, pushing him after the match was over etc.
It'll be interesting to see what happens.