Darts

F-Red

28 missed doubles by Smith tonight, story of his tournament. MVG is just on another level.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
We had all those years of Phil Taylor dominating, now he’s gone we got MVG dominating. Great player but it’s far more exciting when you genuinely don’t know who’s gonna turn up and win on any given day
For some reason, I don't find this as appealing as I should. When somebody wins, it'll just have a "it was his turn today" feeling to me.

On the other hand, I like the "who is finally going to beat the number 1" concept when someone's been dominating.

paulscholes18

Not a good few weeks for Lisa Ashton first out first day in the PDC world championship now out first day in the BDO world championship

sallycinnamin

There's a comedown for Andy Hamilton lost 3-0 today. Probably over a million in prize money in his career against a man who only earned 30k in his career.

sallycinnamin

Wesley Harms gone, I know the standard is not the best but all things considered a lot of outsiders coming through.

ChrisNelson

Think Wez Newton lost 3-1 first round as well.
I might be harsh here but part of me reckons Newton and Hamilton thought it would be easy in the BDO. They both played to a high level in the PDC, although neither were ever going to be a World Champion. They've dropped down, possibly so they can get that title after all but although the standard in the BDO is lower than the PDC, the whole feel of the Lakeside is a million miles away from the Ally Pally and I just think it was a bit of a shock to them both.

I think they will come back stronger next year but expect the usual suspects at the business end of this tournament again.

Name Changed

weso26
I might be harsh here but part of me reckons Newton and Hamilton thought it would be easy in the BDO. They both played to a high level in the PDC, although neither were ever going to be a World Champion. They've dropped down, possibly so they can get that title after all but although the standard in the BDO is lower than the PDC, the whole feel of the Lakeside is a million miles away from the Ally Pally and I just think it was a bit of a shock to them both.

I think they will come back stronger next year but expect the usual suspects at the business end of this tournament again.
The standard is lower. I think that only Durrant could hack it with the big boys of the PDC, and only on his best day.

paulscholes18

Leighton Bennett is some player, 13 years old hitting a 85 avg on t.v, easy to see why he won a men’s tournament and plays men’s country darts

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Wait till Beau Greaves starts getting there. They can all look out then on the ladies' side.

By the way I have been told by a very reliable source today that this is the last Lakeside and the favourite for next year is the O2 Indigo.

ChrisNelson

Really thought he was heading out. Baker was all over him, what a fantastic comeback, his odds at 0-3 would have been pretty generous. As you say though Durrant showed in the deciding set why he's double World Champ.

paulscholes18

Anderson has pulled out of the premier league, instead of replacing him with somebody, each week someone different in replacing Anderson. Whitlock has been fecked over again

paulscholes18

feck me Michael Smith averaged 153.7 in a leg but still lost it to a Gurney 10-darter.
Then in the next leg Gurney missed 10 darts at a double. It was a very enjoyable game of darts.
That leg reminded me of MVG V Anderson last year, MVG missed his chance for a 9 darter then Anderson went and took out 170

paulscholes18

That’s good news.
Price missed D12 for a 9 darter and Mensur won his first premier league game of the season

sallycinnamin

Very strange out of Rob Cross shaking hands etc before it was over, wouldn't catch Taylor, MVG or Anderson doing it. Strange behavior... just saying.

sallycinnamin

What a night in Aberdeen crowd went ballistic for Big John, plastic cups sent flying, lads on tables, seen a few tables collapsing and as for the darts some stellar performances. Was a bit skeptical about the contenders at the start but they've all done well and Aspinall still to come next week. All in all very watchable

sallycinnamin

Getting serious now in Premier League two nights tonight and tomorrow @ Ahoy Rotterdam. Elimination time!