Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

TheReligion

Abusive
Kind of begs the question @PickledRed that if Liverpool have the best recruitment strategy in the world why aren’t they winning more trophies in particularly league titles?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Kind of begs the question @PickledRed that if Liverpool have the best recruitment strategy in the world why aren’t they winning more trophies in particularly league titles?
Because strategy doesn’t equal outcome. We don’t have the same resources as City do, they have a lot more leeway to get some signings wrong compared to us.

TheReligion

Abusive
Because strategy doesn’t equal outcome. We don’t have the same resources as City do, they have a lot more leeway to get some signings wrong compared to us.
So you believe Liverpool have the best recruitment strategy in world football?

What a bold claim

TheReligion

Abusive
Best recruitment strategy in the world, best coach in the world, best player in the world, best fans in the world, best net spend in the world..

Had a club in history every nailed it as much as Liverpool but failed to win multiple league titles and honours?

Absolutely extraordinary

big rons sovereign

Best recruitment strategy in the world, best coach in the world, best player in the world, best fans in the world, best net spend in the world..

Had a club in history every nailed it as much as Liverpool but failed to win multiple league titles and honours?

Absolutely extraordinary
Most knowledgeable and also best atmosphere.
La.

I’m loving my life

If you watch the goal, it’s a total fluke he’s half tripping over like a clutz in the area and almost falls into the cross flopping his head on the ball accidentally and it goes in. That kind of clumsy gaffe can fool even the world class goalkeepers.

Final verdict: donkey

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
If you watch the goal, it’s a total fluke he’s half tripping over like a clutz in the area and almost falls into the cross flopping his head on the ball accidentally and it goes in. That kind of clumsy gaffe can fool even the world class goalkeepers.

Final verdict: donkey
I actually thought the same but then wondered if my hateometer for this guy just redlined.
The faux tears winning the Charity shield just blew my mind.
Just wait till he scores a league goal. Liverpool may have to have a public holiday to celebrate.

RuudTom83

Absolutely extraordinary
If you need more proof that that! as to why they are the Greatest Team in the premier league then I can’t help you ;)

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
You know well. Trophies are for football and recruitment strategy is only a factor in that. For money spent they have better players than us, so I don't know about best in the world, but they are annoyingly better than us the feckers.

City's money is possibly the biggest obstacle to their league titles. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
Give the lad a break. This is his official debut (non-friendlies). Many people has been on his back just because his price tag; not his fault btw. He was clearly anxious. Getting the penalty to re-take the lead and scoring final goal to seal the win must been a great relief. I would have been as ecstatic I were him. He seems to be forthright and passionate, typical south american footballer. Hopefully not as bite-y as his predecessor.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
34 pages and counting in a month. Wow :lol:
Nunez playing head games and the season hasn’t started.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I can't wait until our third league game of the season. I am soooo making him my triple Captain in FF. :lol: :devil:

Conor

He is never going to not be a donkey, no matter how many goals he scores, similar to Lukaku. That alone gives me pleasure.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Nah, his success or failure really doesn't matter to us other than we hate when you lot are happy.

This season is about finishing ahead of the North London comedy clubs for us. And having players our fans don't hate.

I’m loving my life

Always the topics which inspire the extremes of emotions which create the most discussion…love, hate and hysterically awful footballers

Yagami

Good post resistant
You have to remember this is probably the biggest football forum in the world, which makes sense as it’s a Manchester United one. Even rival fans can’t help but join and post when their teams are playing!

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You have to remember this is probably the biggest football forum in the world, which makes sense as it’s a Manchester United one. Even rival fans can’t help but join and post when their teams are playing!
This is an impressive post on multiple levels.

Congratulations.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
There is a need to be careful with using monetary values, Robertson is a success, at 8m, yet Minamino 7.5m isn't/wasn't a success. Should the later be ignored but the former be included as a success?

The notion of success is interesting.
Successful
Robertson
Trent

Bought in as very good players
Van Dijk
Fabinho
Salah
Mane

Bought in success
Thiago - questionable if he's a success at Liverpool

Unproven success
Matip - should be a success he's out too often
Konate - after what 11 games?
Jota - good stats looks like he could be
Diaz - too little time to tell

Unable to comment on
Wijnaldum

I'm not buying this Liverpool get it right; when was the last time they purchased someone and made them a success? Of those listed only one player coming through the system. Initially, Klopp/Liverpool was good, sorry, I don't think that applies anymore.
feckinell, did not realise I was engaging with a WUM of this scale. :lol:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I think everyone agrees that your record in recruitment has been excellent over the past few years, a lot of posters on here have said great things about it. But it's different to saying it's perfect, there have been flops too (less so than other clubs of course, for the most part), and Núñez could turn out to be another of those as much as he could be a resounding success. It's impossible to know at this stage.
Of course it is not perfect. Just thought figgins looks a bit silly trouncing out a list of failed signings that is actually not that bad for a list of failed signings before undertaking a truly weird venture of trying to say our good signings weren't that good (my favourite was inability to comment on Wijnaldum. What in the actual).

The worst signing Klopp has made was relatively cheap - Karius. An absolute disaster brought into the first team. Couldn't hold down his place and the only reason he got back in was because mignolet is an even bigger whopper. Really think Klopp didn't rate the goalkeeping position until Alisson. Can't see any other good reason why he persevered with those two for so long.

People mostly point to Keita and sure he hasn't lived up to expectations and is basically a midfield Smicer. Still a player who holds his own in a Klopp midfield when fit to play. Not worth what we paid but not a disaster either.