Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

spiriticon

He's a really average player. I'm sure he'll score sometimes but he's technically poor. He could improve of course but all in all not a good Mane replacement.
He's not the Mane replacement surely? More like the Firmino replacement

Nero

He'll score some goals because he's playing for a top team.

Goals won't stop him being a donkey. He'll just be a donkey who scores some goals.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He'll score some goals because he's playing for a top team.

Goals won't stop him being a donkey. He'll just be a donkey who scores some goals.
Yep. "Lukaku with pressing" I think he was called by one of our Portuguese league watchers when we were in for him early in the window.

Turning into a pretty good assessment.

Chief123

I’m so glad we didn’t get this guy. He would have been a major headache for years because of his cost. He’s struggling in a team with Trent and Robertson supplying, imagine how much he’d struggle for us.

Luckily for us they spunked most of their budget on this guy.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I’m so glad we didn’t get this guy. He would have been a major headache for years because of his cost. He’s struggling in a team with Trent and Robertson supplying, imagine how much he’d struggle for us.

Luckily for us they spunked most of their budget on this guy.
Same here. He didn't look like the right CF for us based on the clips and watching him for Liverpool only reaffirms that thought. He's a sloppy footballer who has decent box presence. Would have been a poor fit for our team IMO given we need someone to bring the others into play and someone who isn't as bad on the ball as him. For Liverpool I'm sure he'll get goals as they're a super creative team but i have no idea why they had to spend 85 million pounds for a player of his quality. Anybody was going to be a downgrade from Mane but I think they should have spent the money better.

largelyworried

So far, so poor. The number of times he heads it and it doesn't even go towards goal is bizarre. His work rate is fine and he can catch the ball cleanly at times, as with that shot late in the first half, so he'll definitely score a few. But he looks very, very raw and I'd say its far from certain he'll develop in the right way. Klopp better be doing extra coaching sessions with the guy.

After several years of slam dunks, Liverpool's recruitment seems to have had a wobble recently. Long may it continue.

Chief123

Same here. He didn't look like the right CF for us based on the clips and watching him for Liverpool only reaffirms that thought. He's a sloppy footballer who has decent box presence. Would have been a poor fit for our team IMO given we need someone to bring the others into play and someone who isn't as bad on the ball as him. For Liverpool I'm sure he'll get goals as they're a super creative team but i have no idea why they had to spend 85 million pounds for a player of his quality. Anybody was going to be a downgrade from Mane but I think they should have spent the money better.
The biggest problem with him is their is just no fluidity with the attack and others around him. It’s a similar problem to what we have with Ronaldo playing. Nunez has to become the focal point because of his style. But that means the likes of Salah and Diaz will suffer as they are more suited to give and go football. With Nunez having the touch of a dead hamster, he’s a major headache.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Drop Nunez and Salah, front three should be

Diaz Firmino Jota

Telsim

Yep. "Lukaku with pressing" I think he was called by one of our Portuguese league watchers when we were in for him early in the window.

Turning into a pretty good assessment.
My God, this is so apt. :lol: He even cost the same!

mav_9me

You guys are writing him way too early. There is usually a settling in period in EPL, no? Esp for him to improve on his touch and to realize he won't get much time. I think he will be fine.

Liverpool will be fine once they get Jota fit. Salah, Jota and Diaz will be fine.

Loon

:lol:
You guys are writing him way too early. There is usually a settling in period in EPL, no? Esp for him to improve on his touch and to realize he won't get much time. I think he will be fine.

Liverpool will be fine once they get Jota fit. Salah, Jota and Diaz will be fine.
I fear you’re right. This is a blip.This guy will gain confidence and a thicker skin.

I hope we’re both wrong, mind.

TsuWave

The disrespect on Lukaku’s name is crazy. Lukaku is actually a proven goalscorer despite his calamitous first touch.

This kid has a long way to go before being anywhere near Lukaku

cyberman

Not sure he’s great until proven otherwise is the way to go. We can only judge him from what we see and so far, he’s shit.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Their recruitment has been unbelievable since they hired Klopp but this lad honestly looks completely out of place in the side. Such a weird signing.

Sviken

Andy Carroll 2.0. Hopefully a sign of what's to come for Liverpool.

Acquire Me

He might be very good when his 25-26 years old. Might be a Forlan case.

Mike Smalling

He will get chances and score goals, but he does look very clumsy at times, and I'm sure Liverpool would be better served with having a more dynamic style of player as a Mane replacement. Diaz looks great because he is exactly that.

mav_9me

Not sure he’s great until proven otherwise is the way to go. We can only judge him from what we see and so far, he’s shit.
He hasn't been great so far. Agreed. I'm saying that's not unexpected given he needs adjustment to EPL. I'm not saying time will show that he is great. Time will tell. As captain obvious goes...that's me

mav_9me

6 passes in 80 minutes? feck me and here we thought McTomminay is bad.
Now that is a huge concern for Klopp. They are not playing like they have a no.9. Maybe it will take time to adjust their play.