Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

crossy1686

career ending
That's not something he controls as an individual though. For him it can't really get much worse, even still he is showing glimpses of quality.

He will come good once he finds his feet, no pun intended.
And when and how does this happen? Because I see nothing in him that looks like a confidence or settling in issue. It all looks fundamental to me.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Is he all of the sudden going to have a bag of finishing techniques to go to? Because currently he has none, he just sort of shoots it at the goal (poorly the majority of the time mind you) and hopes it finds it's way in.

Stop getting so sucked into a players physical attributes. This is like people that rate Adama Traore because he's really fast and strong so he's "dangerous"
I'm not but there is quality in there and he works so hard it will absolutely pay off for him sooner or later.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Yep, there's some guy who's Uruguayan on Twitter who hates him, says he's ruining their national team with his shitness.
I just find it wild that United fans who worship players like RVN, can watch someone of his finishing quality and technique inside the box and then look at Nunez and just think "ah yeah he'll come good he's just unlucky right now".

If Nunez played at West Ham no one here would want him and think he's a mid table striker that's poor in front of goal too often :lol:

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
How many times did he hit the corner flag today? He had at least three that went so wayward it's embarrassing

mshnsh

Remember when we had Falcao and you just knew it wasn’t going to work? Remember Forlan, when you just knew? Remember Dong?

Then remember Ruud? Rooney? Van Persie? Berbatov?

I can tell you comfortably where Nunez will be now and in due time.

Forlan was different. He needed a run of games which he got only once and really played well but was r'elegated to the bench once Ruud was fit. One of Ferguson's few errors. Forlan was amazing in Spain and for Uruguay. Player of the tournament in South Africa 2010.

poleglass red

Forlan was different. He needed a run of games which he got only once and really played well but was r'elegated to the bench once Ruud was fit. One of Ferguson's few errors. Forlan was amazing in Spain and for Uruguay. Player of the tournament in South Africa 2010.
nah, the problem with Forlan was we played him in the wrong position.We tried to play him on the last man, the furthest forward, tried to play him as a poacher, that wasn't his game, he played his best football deeper

Berbaclass

Ok Mário Jardel scored more than a goal a game in the Portuguese league. How does that suit your very specific reasoning for why you’re right
The Pathway from the Liga NOS to the Premier League is very well established. Porto and Benfica have made billions selling players to the PL in the last couple of decades. The gap in terms of quality is a lot smaller than when Jardel moved from Sporting to Bolton, I'm not sure what you're trying to suggest by citing a specific example from 20 years ago.

Sviken

Yeah, I miss Forlan. It's one of the great "what ifs". He was a terrific player and a fan favorite of me as a kid.

phelans shorts

The Pathway from the Liga NOS to the Premier League is very well established. Porto and Benfica have made billions selling players to the PL in the last couple of decades. The gap in terms of quality is a lot smaller than when Jardel moved from Sporting to Bolton, I'm not sure what you're trying to suggest by citing a specific example from 20 years ago.
It’s historically a good league to move from, unless you want to cite history (and actually a player who was significantly more prolific than Núñez).

There’s reaching and there’s what you’re doing now.

Berbaclass

It’s historically a good league to move from, unless you want to cite history (and actually a player who was significantly more prolific than Núñez).

There’s reaching and there’s what you’re doing now.
So because Jardel was shite 20 years ago that makes me wrong. Okay then :lol:

Natener

You conveniently forgetting how he was prolific in the Portuguese league? He can obviously score goals.
You might want to look at the list of prolific goalscorers from the Portuguese league in recent years. Hardly anyone notable outside of Hulk and that was over a decade ago.

Berbaclass

You said Portugal is a league that transfers well. Jardel was significantly better in Portugal than Núñez was, he never got to his level again either.

He was a significantly better player than Núñez, he could control a ball
Not even going to bother discussing this with you if you're just going to be facetious.

phelans shorts

Not even going to bother discussing this with you if you're just going to be facetious.
I’m just stating facts, you’re clinging to one anomalous season where he didn’t actually look impressive on the pitch despite his numbers, as proof that he’s class. Despite him playing like utter drizzling shite every week

Berbaclass

I’m just stating facts, you’re clinging to one anomalous season where he didn’t actually look impressive on the pitch despite his numbers, as proof that he’s class. Despite him playing like utter drizzling shite every week
WHat does he need to do to be considered a success at Liverpool?