Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

A-man

I’m still worried, if this guy gets his things together he will be leathal.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
In the modern game not really, no. Same way folk always bang on about not being able to judge goalkeepers purely on saves anymore.

Not that there’s any indication Núñez will become a goal scorer either, mind.
I mean he has 5 in 12 for Liverpool in a significantly better league than the Portuguese league if you are to be believed. That's not exactly awful.

Delano

He may turn out to be good. But this concept that he'll start "banging them in" because Suarez and Lewandowski did, is one of the daftest geniune opinions I've heard.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's only fast. That is literally it. And looking at how slow van Dijk is, it is no wonder he bigged up Nunez last season. He isn't suddenly going to start scoring at a clinical rate.

Berbaclass

He may turn out to be good. But this concept that he'll start "banging them in" because Suarez and Lewandowski did, is one of the daftest geniune opinions I've heard.
He'll start banging them in because he gets very good chances. It would be unusual if he didn't start scoring them if he actually has anything about him.

Deco10Legend

Supports
Fc Porto
Ok Mário Jardel scored more than a goal a game in the Portuguese league. How does that suit your very specific reasoning for why you’re right
Jardel was already on a downward spiral when he went to Bolton, not a good example.

Portuguese league produces a lot of talent, no one can deny that. Some fail to adapt to the premier league, but happens to players coming from la liga or Bundesliga as well.

Diogo Jota and Luis Diaz both played for Porto and adapted well for instance.

Reactions: Invictus

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He'll start banging them in because he gets very good chances. It would be unusual if he didn't start scoring them if he actually has anything about him.
He is literally scuffing efforts closer to the corner flag than the goal every game.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He's a striker, you don't think it's fair to judge him on how many goals he scores?
Football has always been about more than just that. It’s the go too argument for people who prefer stats over their eyes. Stats tell you Lukaku is decent. The eyes tell you he’s fecking awful.

crossy1686

career ending
No, it wouldn't be actually. Football's pretty weird like that. Missing big chances doesn't mean you'll start scoring big chances one day, it means you can't finish, and no player in the history of football woke up one day and became an accomplished finisher after putting shots into the corner flag or row z multiple times a game.

Berbaclass

No, it wouldn't be actually. Football's pretty weird like that. Missing big chances doesn't mean you'll start scoring big chances one day, it means you can't finish, and no player in the history of football woke up one day and became an accomplished finisher after putting shots into the corner flag or row z multiple times a game.
That is of course your opinion. We'll see won't we...

Shark

@NotShark
Exactly, it's so weird that people are assuming he'll suddenly become a clinical beast. Yes there's the old saying "the goals will come because he's getting into good positions" but that's usually when we're talking about a more established player. The jury is still very much out on this guy.

Berbaclass

Exactly, it's so weird that people are assuming he'll suddenly become a clinical beast. Yes there's the old saying "the goals will come because he's getting into good positions" but that's usually when we're talking about a more established player. The jury is still very much out on this guy.
There is very much potential and room for improvement though.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
We always expected Welbeck to start scoring more because he had good movement and was getting into chances, but unfortunately he never did, simply because his shooting technique was crap.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
The amount of excuses Jim Beglin gives for Nunez is astonishing. Its almost like he has money on him to score certain amount of goals.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Lukaku is obviously a poor footballer but undoubtedly has been a good goal scorer.
So you’d agree that you can be a poor footballer but have the stats on your side? In which case it seems heavily reductionist to say that goals scored are the only factual statistics that matter rather than actually watching players play. For what it’s worth I don’t even fundamentally disagree with your overarching point on Nunez as much as many in here. His work rate and energy does produce chances and I think he will end up scoring at a respectable rate, but he’s undoubtably abit of a donkey and his finishing has been really poor.

Ady87

He is top for big chances missed this season in the league. Second is Salah. When everyone is back and fit and if Gakpo slots in well I can see him scoring a few purely because Liverpool do create tons of chances. His conversion will always be shocking with moments of hilarity thrown in.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I’ve seen enough to think that he’ll get better as time goes on but will accept that I’m wrong if he turns out to be a dud. His finishing reminds me of Suarez in 11/12. I doubt he’ll reach those levels but I think he’ll get better in front of goal personally.

His all round play has improved from the early games this season where everything bounced off of him. Should’ve scored a few goals over the last four games.

Flexdegea

@Berbaclass why have you got such a hard on for this guy? Is it a massive WUM, or a concerted effort at a reverse jinx?

Seriously mate, why do you care so much, it's bordering on the psychotic.

It's the weirdest shite ever.

Only other angle I can think of is he one one of them people who moaned when we didn't move for him and made all these mad claims like he's the difference