Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

Anderson_7_

He's actually exceeding my (admittedly very low) expectations. I expected much worse.

A few tweaks to his game and he could be a decent goalscorer. They obviously overpaid, but I can see some potential in him.

Chief123

He is Lukaku 2.0
At this point I honestly think we are being really really harsh on Lukaku. At least Lukaku was able to do part of his job. Nunez just looks like a nuisance up front. The problem is, he’s a nuisance to his own team and not the opposition.

Blood Mage

Yeah, spending 85m on Antony doesn't look so bad all of a sudden. Liverpool are much better when this guy doesn't play.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
@SportingCP96 too I think, was shocked that benficae was able to get that much.
Yep I stated it multiple times. His deficiencies were very evident even at the Portuguese league level and the season Before last which I think was an outlier he was very average.

Poor touch, poor ball control and dribbling, not a high percentage scorer, technically and tactically unaware.

His key strengths which helped him except in a physical weak League like Portugal is his brute strength, speed, and height.

As I stated a long while ago he is still young and clearly a project player and for those reason he is not worth more then 40M.

Liverpiol fecked up really bad with this one.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
At this point I honestly think we are being really really harsh on Lukaku. At least Lukaku was able to do part of his job. Nunez just looks like a nuisance up front. The problem is, he’s a nuisance to his own team and not the opposition.
I don't know man. Just checked RAWK seems he is carrying the attack with absolutely boss level of potential, it seems its a matter of time. Either they are completely deluded or watching some other guy. Im looking at a guy without much technical ability doing feck all.

Chief123

I don't know man. Just checked RAWK seems he is carrying the attack with absolutely boss level of potential, it seems its a matter of time. Either they are completely deluded or watching some other guy. Im looking at a guy without much technical ability doing feck all.
I think it’s given that Rawk is deluded. You’d do well to find anything that makes sense over there.

Nunez will get goals just like Lukaku, Igahlo, Falcao got goals for us but he’s certainly going to be a big problem and headache for Liverpool. There’s no way his technique and touch is going to improve much better than it is.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Rawk see what they want to see.

Dingo

Supports
Haaland
There were posters in this thread being serious and saying they’d have him over Haaland.

bestis best

Supports
utd, linfield
Come back Tony Hatley all is forgiven. Actually saw him play one of his first games for Liverpool in Belfast. Pre season friendly , back in the day when clubs went pre season to exotic places like Belfast and if players lucky Isle of Man. To quote a phrase Hatley looked like he couldn’t trap a wet bag of cement. Can’t remember how long he lasted at the Pool.

Red Stone

The same dick heads that compares 18 year old ronaldo to their own le tallec. who else is olfd enough to remember that? :D
I also remember us signing Chicharito and some RAWK wanker saying "I've got a mate who follows the Mexican league, and trust me... he is not on the same level as N'Gog."

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Come back Tony Hatley all is forgiven. Actually saw him play one of his first games for Liverpool in Belfast. Pre season friendly , back in the day when clubs went pre season to exotic places like Belfast and if players lucky Isle of Man. To quote a phrase Hatley looked like he couldn’t trap a wet bag of cement. Can’t remember how long he lasted at the Pool.
Just checked wikipedia. Seemed a very prolific center forward though.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
A season or 2 nunez will turn into a key player. I don't remember salah or mane take the world by storm when they 1st joined Liverpool.
Salah scored 31 goals in the Premier League in his first season. Mane scored on his debut away to Arsenal and got 20 goals and assists in his first season at Liverpool.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Except from the goal he scored in his first (?) PL game, he hasn't showed much, reminds me of Andy Carrol with his hair and the way he moves. Other then that, i would't be surprised if he gets 20+ goals when the season ends IF Liverpools starts to perform like last 3 seasons (which I don't believe they will).

Chief123

A season or 2 nunez will turn into a key player. I don't remember salah or mane take the world by storm when they 1st joined Liverpool.
Salah and Mane could control a football when they arrived and didn’t look like a championship player.

JakeTheRed

Except from the goal he scored in his first (?) PL game, he hasn't showed much, reminds me of Andy Carrol with his hair and the way he moves. Other then that, i would't be surprised if he gets 20+ goals when the season ends IF Liverpools starts to perform like last 3 seasons (which I don't believe they will).
What's his hair got to do with anything? If that's the case then Mo Salah reminds me of Bob Ross & Erik ten Hag reminds me of The Rock :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Salah scored 44 goals in his first season at Liverpool.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
No offense but you must have a shite memory then. :(

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Are you kidding me. Both of them instantly became a hit and every opponent paid extra attention to them even when Liverpool won nothing.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Saw my mate the other day
Said he saw the white Lukakez
So I ask who is he, goes by the name of Núñez
Núñez
Núñez
Goes by the name Darwin Núñez
He's big, he's a mess
He's Darwin Nunez