David de Gea | 2011-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungrywing

It has become commonplace for all clubs to have a stats/analysis department working for them. Simon Kuper wrote a very interesting article about it in the Financial Times a few weeks ago:

FT.com / FT Magazine - A football revolution
Great read. As much as purists like to say they abhor stats in football, I think this trend just might be behind the increasing feeling of 'parity' in the PL. Plus that whole angle is probably one of the only ways to grow the sport in the US.

He reminds me of the Norwegian rapper Lars Vaular:
For some reason he keeps reminding me of:

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
"De Gea will hold a farewell press conference today at the Vicente Calderón at 17:00."

Nice to see him finally sign though.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
:lol:

You think you got it
oh you think it got in
But Dave is quick as lightning
he's on top of the ball......

in any weather
oh he holds the leather
whether it's in sunny Spain
or Tuesday at the Britannia....

De Gea
De Gea
De Gea
De Gea

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
Hansen saying he is a 'boy' is a little dig there.

we dont win with 'kids' ;)
You will never win anything with kids......

Unless they play for Manchester United and have SAF at the helm.

A true legend, is SAF.

Lynk

"Today is a hard day for me, it has been incredible to play here and i hope to be back one day, my heart and family will always be with Atletico.

My first impressions of United are good, they have a world class set up. Last week the club told me of the offer, I visited the facilities and [heard] the offer they were making and discussed it with my family.

Manchester United is one of the biggest clubs in the world and it is a big step for my career."

- @madridatleticos

".."They have everything, a huge club, the best club in the world, it's perfect"

:devil:

Edit: Also a great article from an Atletico fan:
An inside view on Manchester United’s new man: De Gea all the way | Spanishfootball.info

Lynk

Full interview I assume.

Lynk

Does his jersey have #1 by the way?
Nah, not yet anyway...none of our new signings have numbers, they will do once the registration window opens.

Lynk

Not fair to heap so much pressure on David De Gea as to compare him to V.D.S.
That's the thing, if he is going to be our keeper for the next 10 years he'll need to shrug off those comparisons, play to his strengths and keep his head. He has all the ability, just as long as he doesn't wilt like Ben Foster he should be fine.

Ace

Is the yellow shirt he has in his hands scheduled to be our goalkeeper kit for next season?

I thought I saw that we were using a black one?

Ace

I think they are both pretty sharp. Glad to see the purple kit departing with Edwin.

ricky-romeo

green and gold would be perfect..we had better luck with green GK kits in the past european cup finals as well...

Tibs

As long as he scores a goal next season, he's worth it

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Maybe a dumb question from me but is it 100% sure he'll be the number 1 keeper ?
I was thinking this as well. He will definitely be our number 1 in the long run. I just feel that there will be a 'settling in' period for him which would mean he wouldn't be our number 1 during the first few weeks/months of the new season. He's still young and I think SAF will wrap him up in cotton and slowly introduce him to English football. Plus he needs to learn to speak English as communication is key for a goalkeeper.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lindergaard is our number one early in the season.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Bloody hell, he's a keeper not an outfield player! He'd go anywhere and play exactly the same. He's also go the best back four in the world protecting him so there will be no settling in period. He's a certified talent, who already played first choice for one of the biggest clubs in Spain.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The only reason for him not to be our number 1 from the off is if there are big language issues and communication, which is obviously half his job, is very poor.

Goalkeepers are a breed that live off confidence, there is no way Ferguson would do anything but show he has the utmost confidence in the lad without good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.